996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

anyone mak a cool relacement for rea bumperettes?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-21-2009, 11:59 PM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
anyone mak a cool relacement for rea bumperettes?

I was thinking about painting mine, since that would be an improvement over the faded stock ones. I think the ideal for me would be the euro rear bumper, but I would rather put that type of cash into other areas of the car. I was browsing and saw that cjv did something interesting:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1267656-post6.html

does anyone have any other suggestions of what can be done if I remove the bumperettes altogether? Thanks.

Old 04-22-2009, 02:13 AM
f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !f1crazydriver Is a GOD !
I got a Euro plate and it covers most of it up. I'm very happy with it.

Old 04-22-2009, 06:45 AM
Al Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud ofAl Norton has much to be proud of
I did the same as cjv but used 1/4" square ss mesh and painted it black. Same material I used in front to protect radiators. Only objection I have is the 2 holes are not the same size. The right one has a curcular cutout in the upper left corner for the tow hook.

Old 04-22-2009, 07:47 AM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
I'd think a body shop could fill that for a few hundred bucks. As it's a recessed surface, they could mask off the whole bumper, do some fiberglass work, and literally only paint the "back wall."

Old 04-22-2009, 07:49 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
I was thinking about painting mine, since that would be an improvement over the faded stock ones. I think the ideal for me would be the euro rear bumper, but I would rather put that type of cash into other areas of the car. I was browsing and saw that cjv did something interesting:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/1267656-post6.html

does anyone have any other suggestions of what can be done if I remove the bumperettes altogether? Thanks.

NICE. I painted mine, and love the look, but this is a nice treatment too.

Old 04-22-2009, 08:03 AM
muker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the roughmuker is a jewel in the rough
i'D BE PRETTY SCARED...

Originally Posted by f1crazydriver
I got a Euro plate and it covers most of it up. I'm very happy with it.

iF "La Migra" was chasing me on a TT!

Old 04-22-2009, 08:20 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Al Norton
I did the same as cjv but used 1/4" square ss mesh and painted it black. Same material I used in front to protect radiators. Only objection I have is the 2 holes are not the same size. The right one has a curcular cutout in the upper left corner for the tow hook.

sounds awesome. got pics?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:01 AM
LamboTT has a spectacular aura aboutLamboTT has a spectacular aura about
The rear bumper support has to come off for you to have the 2 holes left over?

Old 04-22-2009, 09:08 AM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Found some thin carbon fiber used for making gauge overlays. Traced out the bumperette area and copied it onto the carbon and cut it out with a set of metal shears, then riveted it on the bumper. We did it last minute before Texas but I'm sure if someone was more concerned with the asthetics it could be bonded to the rear bumper properly.

Old 04-22-2009, 09:44 AM
doktordyper is infamous around these parts
i just put a bumper from an 07 toyota tundra, painted of course, on mine. i'll post pics later