996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Europipe on & EPL flash done

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-23-2009, 05:10 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
Thumbs up Europipe on & EPL flash done

My Europipe is on and it is perfect. This is my second exhaust from them and the build quality and sound is fantastic. Drove to EPL on Tuesday and hovered while Tony flashed and fine tuned the program and replaced the dv's. He was great at explaining what he was doing and answered all of my annoying questions thoroughly. Great to be able to hang around and watch and meet a very interesting person.
The car still drives like stock when I want but sounds so much better and is so much faster. Much better throttle response and endless torque yet very driveble daily. Couldn't be happier with the car. I will have to think of a few other things to do now.
Thanks for the help here on choosing EPL it was a great experience. gd

Old 04-23-2009, 07:07 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Good to know about your upgrades...would be nice to know how you feel in a month or so.

Is your TT tip or manual?
I too am eyeing some perf. mod's for my 04 TT cab tip. I am worried about drone though.

Al

Old 04-23-2009, 07:31 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
My Cab is a 6 speed. I had a TT coupe prior with a Europipe Stage 2 loud. It is perfect for a coupe but too loud for a cab( for the misses to be with me) but little to no drone. The Europipe Stage 1 is a perfect match for a cab and what I have now. Not loud under normal running but nice growl when you get on it and "no drone", that is why I went back to them a second time.
As far as a flash goes, do the exhaust first so the flash is done with the exhaust in place. Choose a reputable shop , local is the best option so any problems can be handled quickly. A Stage 2 EPL flash that accommodates the exhaust better air flow is not noticeable except for better throttle response until you jump on it and then hold on. I also did the plugs prior to the flash. I am not a track junkie I just wanted the power to be there if I wanted it and it is an economical upgrade that makes a huge difference. Good Luck,JS

Old 04-23-2009, 07:53 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
It seems to me that more and more cabs are surfacing; very nice to see that.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:05 AM
Alcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the roughAlcav5 is a jewel in the rough
Originally Posted by MY996TT
It seems to me that more and more cabs are surfacing; very nice to see that.
Agreed...

and not to hi-jack JS's thread but how is / is there much drone with your exhaust system (which maker?) ?

Old 04-23-2009, 08:13 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Congrats JS! I remember what I was most pleased with was the part throttle and off-idle throttle response. Even off boost, the car was more responsive and smoother than stock.
When the mod bug starts to bite again, come up to Hoboken and I'll take you for a spin in my car.

Old 04-23-2009, 08:18 AM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Get some "mod bug" repellant, your bank account will thank you!!!!

Old 04-23-2009, 08:20 AM
secretvampire is infamous around these parts
Hah, you need to change your signature now...

EDIT: D'oh! You got it.

Last edited by secretvampire; 04-23-2009 at 09:00 AM.
Old 04-23-2009, 08:54 AM
MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !MY996TT Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Alcav5
Agreed...

and not to hi-jack JS's thread but how is / is there much drone with your exhaust system (which maker?) ?
I have Fabspeed Quiet. I don't like anything too loud, and Cab+Tip don't do well with most exhausts. My tuner suggested that and I went with it. It is not much louder than stock when idle or low speed, but it is quite loud when wot (a few people told me my exhaust sounds mean). It has a little drone at around 2200 rpm, but just a little that doesn't even bother me. I have not tried other brands but Fabspeed is working well for me.

Old 04-23-2009, 09:13 AM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Jersey Shore
My Cab is a 6 speed. I had a TT coupe prior with a Europipe Stage 2 loud. It is perfect for a coupe but too loud for a cab( for the misses to be with me) but little to no drone. The Europipe Stage 1 is a perfect match for a cab and what I have now. Not loud under normal running but nice growl when you get on it and "no drone", that is why I went back to them a second time.
Interesting.... did you consider the EP Stage 2 quiet?? It is actually more power than the stage one, and in fact a bit quieter than the EP stage 1 (the stage one is only one 'flavor', no loud and quiet)

Anyway, congrats- you've got the two things every TT needs!

A

Old 04-23-2009, 09:43 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
I also went with EPL and a Europipe. What did you dyno at?

Old 04-23-2009, 10:51 AM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
Another Stage 1 Quiet over here. Talked extensively to Stef @ Europipe (he's from the same region in Belgium where I am from) and Stage 1 is actually the best option for a cab (unless you decide to go over 700 HP, which is when you really need a Stage 2). Below 700HP, the performance of the 2 exhausts is the same and Stage 1 is 3 lbs lighter.

In conjunction with installing the Europipe 1 also installed Zero Clearance Hybrids and upgraded my intercoolers. Before that I only had a flash.
Another major step forward as far as performance is concerned. The car runs like a raped ape, it's shocking !
In addition to the sweet exhaust note, I can also hear the turbos whine. No more PCM2

Europipe makes a great product and they are a class act to deal with.

Attached some pics of the install.

Attached Images    

Last edited by Yves; 04-23-2009 at 03:47 PM.
Old 04-23-2009, 03:28 PM
I did consider the EP Stage 2 quiet but decided on the stage 1 as I thought the sound was a little more aggressive. I know you get larger pipes for air flow on the S2 but thought based on how far I planning on moding this car that the Stage 1 would work fine. I had the Stage 2 loud on a previous TT coupe and loved it.
They are indeed a class act company and Stef is very available to talk with and they stand behind their product. I found out about them years ago on this forum. I am sure that there are other great exhaust products but I am comfortable with what I am going to get when I order one of their exhausts.
The combination of Europipe and EPL is fantastic.

Old 04-24-2009, 04:52 PM
JohnnyBeatles is infamous around these parts
I have a stage 2 loud on my 6 speed coup...love it...really no drone...I had a gal in the car a few weeks ago and she complained it was loud but I find its perfect...actually I wish it was a bit louder...great workmanship too...I would get another 1 if I ever sold this car to upgrade...
JB

Old 04-24-2009, 06:41 PM
bfk4lyfe is infamous around these parts
Has anyone compared their EPs to the Speed Tech? I was told it was quiet before I bought it but I wanted to rip my ears out at 2200-2400rpm's which is at what, 70-80mph? My car needs some character, now that I have the stock exhaust back in there its too boring.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Europipe on & EPL flash done