996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

which short shifter....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-12-2004, 10:34 PM
d.s
d.s is infamous around these partsd.s is infamous around these parts
which short shifter....

B&M Shifter or FVD and why??

Old 10-12-2004, 10:48 PM
Former Vendor
Eric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond reputeEric (Plug Guy) has a reputation beyond repute
I think the concensus around here is B&M.

Old 10-12-2004, 10:57 PM
Who let the dogs out...
Adrift is infamous around these parts
I have B&M and love it...IF you want a firm, tight shift which does take a little more effort than most.

I also have an Evo and it does not reduce the throw enough, nor did it tighten up the feel enough.

Sorry, never tried an FVD.

Old 10-12-2004, 11:36 PM
Poursha is infamous around these parts
B&M...under car kit!! See this thread for details:

https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...&threadid=8418

Old 10-13-2004, 01:46 AM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
i went with the oem ... for an extra 100 dollars i wont have to worry about the dealership giving me a hard time if anything happens to my tranny or the shifter itself. just for peice of mind ... best part about it is that it feels just like the stock shifter except with a shorter throw

Old 10-13-2004, 02:03 AM
scott is infamous around these parts
I just did the B&M as well as the X73 suspension. It is a totally different car! Very solid. I feel like I got a new car.

Old 10-13-2004, 02:55 AM
ESK
Hick from NH
ESK is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by OKHJOON190
i went with the oem ... for an extra 100 dollars i wont have to worry about the dealership giving me a hard time if anything happens to my tranny or the shifter itself. just for peice of mind ... best part about it is that it feels just like the stock shifter except with a shorter throw
I agree with your thinking, but I think the OEM (which is made by B&M)costs around $800 vs. $200 for the B&M plus about an hour's labor if you don't DIY. That's about a $500 dollar savings vs. OEM.

BTW, its the best $200 you'll spend on your car. It will totally change the your driving pleasure. It's truly pathetic that the short shifter is not standard. I mean, who wouldn't want one?

Old 10-13-2004, 04:06 AM
Holger B is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ESK
I agree with your thinking, but I think the OEM (which is made by B&M)costs around $800 vs. $200 for the B&M plus about an hour's labor if you don't DIY. That's about a $500 dollar savings vs. OEM.

BTW, its the best $200 you'll spend on your car. It will totally change the your driving pleasure. It's truly pathetic that the short shifter is not standard. I mean, who wouldn't want one?

Agreed. Best mod for the money. Puts the stock plastic one to shame. Somehow makes the whole car feel more solid.

Old 10-13-2004, 04:53 AM
OKHJOON190 is infamous around these parts
talk to arling ... its not a 500 savings

including install i think it came out to a difference of 200between the 2

i paid the extra money for peice of mind

remember your not driving a honda

porsche can be a stickler on warranty work if your not careful

Old 10-13-2004, 07:25 AM
Code Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to beholdCode Red is a splendid one to behold
Don't underestimate the warrenty issue since Porsche's have weak trannys.

Old 10-13-2004, 07:27 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
I have the FVD and have driven both the B&M and Porsche SSK. Here is my take...FVD is a bit longer throw than then both of those... It is less notchy than the B&M and about the same notchy as Porsche SSK....
I can get you any of the above if you like...my price on the Porsche SSK is pretty hard to beat...and as for the FVD...yea you won't beat my price
PM me if interested...
Evan
PS-So bascially I like the Porsche SSK a bit better (SHHHH don't tell my boss), but the FVD is MUCH cheaper...

Last edited by AMG ETR; 10-13-2004 at 07:33 AM.
Old 10-13-2004, 07:41 AM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Happy with the B&M in car.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:02 AM
cporterfield is infamous around these parts
OEM. You can find one on eBay, usually, for about $300.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:32 AM
Derek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these partsDerek is infamous around these parts
OEM, for some reason it felt better than the B&M. With the OEM the whole shift console is replaced. With the B&M I think you have to replace the shift mechanism in the console.

Old 10-13-2004, 10:32 AM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
OEM.

T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: which short shifter....