996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

GT3 Seats Option...

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-17-2003, 08:59 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
GT3 Seats Option...

Any pics??? Cost???

Old 09-17-2003, 09:18 AM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute
Does that seat sit even lower than the sport seats with the lowering option??? I am 6' 8"...

Old 09-17-2003, 09:23 AM
maxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the roughmaxwell is a jewel in the rough
c4s....who's giving the best price on the gt3's right now?

Old 09-17-2003, 09:23 AM
Also, are those GT3 seats leather??? Thanks C4S

Old 09-17-2003, 09:36 AM
They appear to be the standard GT3 seats and the sport seats with hinge adjustment are an option. Do I have this correct???

Old 09-17-2003, 09:55 AM
It appears the GT3 seats are standard, no charge equipment on the GT3...they have no hinge(seat back adjustment) unlike the optional sport seats...which appear to be cushy but not performance oriented like the ones in your C4S...Is this right?

Old 09-17-2003, 10:20 AM
Thanks...The standard seats in the option guide look like the GT3 seats with the holes by the headrest for the 5 pt. harness...Guess I will have to ask the dealer...

Old 09-17-2003, 11:31 AM
watt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to beholdwatt is a splendid one to behold
that's 'cause they are standard in Europe....

Old 09-17-2003, 11:40 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
That's cos us Europeans know better.

Old 09-17-2003, 11:54 AM
ben, lj has a spectacular aura aboutben, lj has a spectacular aura about
"The sport seats are excellent seats, the only reason I changed them is to install a 5 pt harness. However, I am 5'9 and 155 lbs and am very comfortable in the GT3 seats, actually prefer them over the sport seats."

i find both the standard and sport seats to be crap for a) longer trips and/or b) any kind of aggressive cornerning. the lateral support in the standard seats is wholly absent as in non-existent. the backs of the standard seats are arched so that they stick out around the center of your back which causes improper back conture. on the other hand, the gt3 seats encourage proper back arch owing to the more erect rear portion of the seat. they have less padding and sit lower which turns a 996 more into a go kart feeling car while providing more feedback. on top of that, they're 65 lbs lighter for the pair. those with coupes instead of cabs might find access to the rear seats a PIA, but it's no big deal with a cab (just drop the top). lastly, i sure missed the heated option on my standard seats and am currently having these installed on my gt3 seats:

aftermarket heated seats w/switches (for $35 vs. $400 Porsche)

i'm 6'0, 180 lbs and find them quite comfy, but can certainly see where someone with a heavier build might not!

Last edited by ben, lj; 09-17-2003 at 11:56 AM.
Old 09-17-2003, 02:25 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
GT3 seats are only standard and available through Porsche in Europe, not in the U.S., a pair of leather GT3 seats are $2800, GT3 seats only move back and forward on the seat rails, we have both sport and GT3 seats and I find the GT3 seats give more lower back support and are very comfortable in street use, long drives, and track use.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:10 PM
Thanks JASCLASS, It is now clear to me...No GT3 seats on my order from the dealer. Are the US standard seats they come with the same as standard seats in the Carrera? Or do sport seats come standard on the GT3?

Old 09-17-2003, 07:07 PM
Banned
bobc4s is infamous around these parts
GT3 Seats

I sell Brand New in the box and in stock
Porsche Factory Leather with Crest Recaro GT3 Seats
The GT3 seats were purchased thru Porsche Cars North America
so they carry the 2 year Porsche parts warranty

$1350.00 each for black(10 in stock)
$1375.00 each for Grey(4 in stock) or Beige(2 in stock)

Bob V.
Foreign Affairs in Florida

Old 09-17-2003, 07:19 PM
Banned
bobc4s is infamous around these parts
GT3

Sports Seats Are Standard on the U.S. GT3

Old 09-17-2003, 07:31 PM
JASCLASS is infamous around these partsJASCLASS is infamous around these parts
Rokitman, On the GT3 you will be getting the sport seats and you can add GT3 seats later on if you wish like most of us have done or plan to do, good luck with your order and new car.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: GT3 Seats Option...