996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone running 33 offset in front? Speedline corse?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-19-2003, 11:33 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I love it when it does that. My already high ROW plus jacking up makes it look like a Pepper.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:42 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by sharkster
Well funnily enough not too bad yet. Actually when I saw Stephen he came up with a really good idea in terms of adding a tranny cooler (aftermarket). I haven't yet done the research and don't know where to look in San Jose but will certainly "have" to get my **** together and do so.

Also worth noting, the tranny is the same ZF one as in the Merc S600 which has crazy torque so (especially the one Ben Treynor has) so it could well take this kind of abuse

Tranny cooler is one of the smartest things you can do on an automatic transmission, hell I even threw one on my girls bone stock 4 cyl accord. The majority of tranny failure is from overheating. B&M and many others make very efficient tranny coolers. Just run it through your oil lines and throw it in front of the radiator and you are set. Shouldn't cost you much either

Old 09-19-2003, 11:44 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Steph, the old wheels looked A LOT Better, even if they weren't black and were just silver. Something looks funny about those wheels on your car.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:46 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
Tranny cooler is one of the smartest things you can do on an automatic transmission, hell I even threw one on my girls bone stock 4 cyl accord. The majority of tranny failure is from overheating. B&M and many others make very efficient tranny coolers. Just run it through your oil lines and throw it in front of the radiator and you are set. Shouldn't cost you much either
Thanks Soon2be993tt, I'll chat to Stephen about it some more but your idea sounds good. I can't dyno my car (or won't anymore) but it's probably mid-500s to the wheels now.

Old 09-19-2003, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by sharkster
Thanks Soon2be993tt, I'll chat to Stephen about it some more but your idea sounds good. I can't dyno my car (or won't anymore) but it's probably mid-500s to the wheels now.

just for reference so Honda is notorious for making shoddy auto trans. I blew 3 on my daily driver acura before I even really started modding it. Those 3 were all blown before 35K. I installed a tranny cooler on this one and have literally beaten the **** out of it running nitrous and just being hard on it, and it feels as stiff as the day we installed it Tranny cooler saved me

Old 09-19-2003, 03:54 PM
dpblessing is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by PorschePhD
I don't know....I love the wheels, but I think they look like an F150 truck
looks more like a FarmAll to me.

please change back!

Old 09-19-2003, 03:57 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
classic toad stance.

Old 09-19-2003, 08:47 PM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
FarmAll, Toad.....Niiiiiice

I think the illusion of the big dish in the rear is making my tail look small. No comments please . No really, the rim shows the real stance and how wide the rear is. It then makes the tail look challenged. I think a GTII talk would balance it out. Hell....I dunno. It looks great from the side

Old 09-20-2003, 10:47 AM
Jack(LA) is infamous around these parts
Stephen:

The front 8.5 " wide front wheel with a 33ET sticks out too much, IMHO. If you use their 8.5"/46mm ET front wheel with the GT2 rubber, you will still fill out the wheel well w/o the truck look. Also, if you want to duplicate the GT2 front wheel size exactly, just add the Porsche 5mm wheel spacer kit.

Here are some photos for comparison purposes -- hope they help.

1) Gemballa front wheel 46mm ET and rear wheel 40ET with stock sized rubber and Porshce 5mm spacer kit....

2) Gemballa wheels/GT2 rubber w/Porsche 5mm spacers....

3) Gemballa wheels/GT2 rubber w/no spacers...