996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Str8blst V2.0... New TA Precision Porsche kit installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 08:52 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Str8blst V2.0... New TA Precision Porsche kit installed!

Hey Guys,
Been following a bunch of posts regarding replica TA parts and wanted to post up my experience with my car. A few months ago I got the full TA kit from Precision Porsche (Thanks Tony!) I had Robert from Final Touch Collision install the parts and I could not be happier. The fit and finish of the PP kit are spot on. Final Touch did a outstanding job of installing and painting the kit. (Robert you the MAN!)

After the body kit was installed, I had Paul at Protosport modify my existing muffler to fit the Fabspeed tips which are 2 3/8" I am having Paul remodify the tips next week for a 3" exit since my exhaust tubing is 3" all the way around.

Next... I sent the car off to Phil at Top Of The Line tinting and protective film. Phil custom cut the kit for the car. Front bumper, entire hood, fenders, a-pillars, roof, side skirts, and side mirrors were wrapped. Phil has done a few cars for me and my friends and I am always amazed at the quality of his work. Definetely one of the best in the business!

Lastly the car was detailed using a combination of products I got from Detailers Domain. Phil is always a great source of information and the car didn't need much since Phil just did a detail before the winter. Simple wash and a layer of Concourso was all that was needed...

Anyway here are some crappy I-phone pics. Enjoy....

Attached Images      

Last edited by str8blst; 04-30-2009 at 08:53 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:54 AM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
some more....

Attached Images     

Last edited by str8blst; 04-29-2009 at 09:18 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 08:56 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Wow... love the TA rear on your car. Everything looks great!

Edwin

Old 04-29-2009, 09:07 AM
Page is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of lightPage is a glorious beacon of light
Hey Alan looks great! Rob @ FTC did another fantastic job with your car.
Now we need to do a photo shoot and print out some posters ;-)

Old 04-29-2009, 09:09 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
fantastic - IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I have been thinking about getting the kit, but I have been told by a few people that they require some custom fitting. Unfortunately, there isnt a bodyshop in south florida that I know/trust to do the work. Can anyone in s. fla. recommend a shop that has done this before??

Old 04-29-2009, 09:12 AM
Originally Posted by Page
Hey Alan looks great! Rob @ FTC did another fantastic job with your car.
Now we need to do a photo shoot and print out some posters ;-)
For sure bro!!! I am free tomorrow night. Hit me up when you have a chance. Let's get the crew together!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:15 AM
GreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to beholdGreggT is a splendid one to behold
Very nice....thanks for sharing.
So the rear wing assembly is replica?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:16 AM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
fantastic - IT LOOKS AWESOME!!! I have been thinking about getting the kit, but I have been told by a few people that they require some custom fitting. Unfortunately, there isnt a bodyshop in south florida that I know/trust to do the work. Can anyone in s. fla. recommend a shop that has done this before??
Mark,

I really don't think it's that bad. The only real custom fitting that is needed is trimming areas of the radiator ducts to get them to fit right. That is by far the most time consuming b/c you'll need to trim... install ducts... install bumper... test fitment...repeat if necessary. Any competent shop that cares about your car can do it!

Edwin

Old 04-29-2009, 09:20 AM
Originally Posted by GreggT
Very nice....thanks for sharing.
So the rear wing assembly is replica?
Actually the rear wing I got from a buddy of mine and is a real deal Gemballa C/F decklid/wing. Very hard to get.... I searched for almost 2 years before finding this one. I don't believe anyone makes a Gemballa wing replica yet.

Last edited by str8blst; 04-29-2009 at 10:44 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:21 AM
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Wow... love the TA rear on your car. Everything looks great!

Edwin

Thanks Edwin! Now the only thing it's missing is LED's... (hint hint) I saw the kit you made for Jason's car and I must say it is very very tempting.....

Last edited by str8blst; 05-01-2009 at 12:12 AM.
Old 04-29-2009, 09:29 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Mark,

I really don't think it's that bad. The only real custom fitting that is needed is trimming areas of the radiator ducts to get them to fit right. That is by far the most time consuming b/c you'll need to trim... install ducts... install bumper... test fitment...repeat if necessary. Any competent shop that cares about your car can do it!

Edwin
Any plans for tony (or yourself) to trim those ducts so it wont be an issue for the end-user?

Old 04-29-2009, 09:39 AM
Former Vendor
detailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond reputedetailersdomain has a reputation beyond repute
looks great!

Old 04-29-2009, 09:45 AM
bjjgolfguy is infamous around these parts
whoa...sick!

Old 04-29-2009, 10:05 AM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by ExclusiveTT
Any plans for tony (or yourself) to trim those ducts so it wont be an issue for the end-user?
The ducts on our kits already have it cut out but may need the shop to trim it to make it bigger if you want.

Here's my MISHA kit that I have on my personal car and we had to make our own cutouts

Edwin

Old 04-29-2009, 12:34 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Looks beautiful Alan.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Str8blst V2.0... New TA Precision Porsche kit installed!