996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-08-2009, 05:23 AM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Can they get a throttle input on these cars for that device? The various inputs for alarms and I/O remind me of the AEM. VERY handy for things like super bright LEDs in your face from the pillar or audible alarms. That feature sounds pretty good, if you can get throttle input use that too else you'll probably get chirps when you let off the gas under boost...

Has an aux input too? Considered fuel pressure?

Old 05-08-2009, 04:38 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv
Joe,

Not really ....... go for it. I'm done with mine. I want to be driving it next month.
Hey Chad, no sweat,just a little friendly ribbing among friends.I don't want or need that either.

Old 05-08-2009, 04:40 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
2:30 PM

Showoffs!

Old 05-10-2009, 03:18 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Can they get a throttle input on these cars for that device? The various inputs for alarms and I/O remind me of the AEM. VERY handy for things like super bright LEDs in your face from the pillar or audible alarms. That feature sounds pretty good, if you can get throttle input use that too else you'll probably get chirps when you let off the gas under boost...

Has an aux input too? Considered fuel pressure?
Yes, it can use TPS as an audible/visual warning parameter either by itself or combined with another. As for FP gauge it would be a great item to have but I have only seen FP units that have a gauge using a pressurized fuel line to drive the gauge. Not sure that belongs in the cabin! I never was a fan of the external windshield mounted gauge on a Porsche Do you know of a good rail mounted unit with an external elec display? Kevin

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zavt/zavt1.htm

Last edited by KPG; 05-10-2009 at 03:22 PM.
Old 05-10-2009, 03:20 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Showoffs!
I am swinging by there tomorrow on my way out of town. I hope the car is washed, running and dyno sheets are under the wiper blade....they have had the car for 2 whole business days after all. Seriously though, I will have a better idea of the progress tomorrow, but I really cant see why it wouldnt be on the dyno this week...

Old 05-10-2009, 05:36 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
A sincere good luck.

Should be terrific fun. It looks like you upgrade some of the rear suspension
components (I have been as well but havent gone full monty).

MK

Old 05-10-2009, 07:15 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by KPG
Yes, it can use TPS as an audible/visual warning parameter either by itself or combined with another. As for FP gauge it would be a great item to have but I have only seen FP units that have a gauge using a pressurized fuel line to drive the gauge. Not sure that belongs in the cabin! I never was a fan of the external windshield mounted gauge on a Porsche Do you know of a good rail mounted unit with an external elec display? Kevin

http://www.zeitronix.com/Products/zavt/zavt1.htm
Sure, lots of gauges can be had that do this and are WAY better than "Autometer" type stuff - accurate too! I REALLY like the DEFI Link system. Sensors all plug into a main control box and a single line goes out to multiple gauges that daisy chain together. You get Peak\Hold, warning lights, and PLAYBACK (on all gauges) when the recording function is used. These also look very slick IMO. Apexi also makes a similiar system - the Apexi EL. Blitz makes what looks like a standalone pressure gauge that can be used - I like the "blacklight" series looks. Greddy has fuel pressure gauges as well that will work - peak hold etc. and they have a control box version like the others. Back when I was using these most DEFI was the onyl one with a link setup, they all seem to have followed suit - good! Single P/H gauges aren't as useful and having the warning light is good too - especially if they all feed into a master one in your face. I wouldn't do one of the "link" systems for just one gauge but if you monitor boost, oil pressure, oil temp, EGT, blah blah these are VERY useful. If you just want a single gauge those can be had too. Bottom line - the JDM guys have this stuff WELL covered and their stuff looks great too with lots of good lighting options etc. <shrug> No need for a cowl mounted ugly gauge or bringing high pressure fuel into the cabin....

Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
A sincere good luck.

Should be terrific fun. It looks like you upgrade some of the rear suspension
components (I have been as well but havent gone full monty).

MK
Thanks... I may get the lower dog bones and call it a day on the suspension. Not much sense in doing more unless I get a serious double or triple adj suspension, solid bushings etc... I am pretty much tapped, financially and emotionally with this car, time to drive it.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:11 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
I know EXACTLY how you feel. I took my car to my buddy's shop (He owns (2) Cup Cars, and campaigns a few others out of his shop for fun), and they told me more or
less to tear out the Cross/JIC s**t and they would put in a "REAL" suspension...oh well, The JIC is here to stay as I am wayyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyyy overbudget on the car. OVER BUDGET: defined as having double the resale value invested in a car.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:15 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
OVER BUDGET: defined as having double the resale value invested in a car.
OVER BUDGET (according to KPG): defined as having double the resale value invested in just the engine.

Old 05-11-2009, 08:21 AM
Originally Posted by KPG
OVER BUDGET (according to KPG): defined as having double the resale value invested in just the engine.

Now that was funny !

Old 05-11-2009, 01:10 PM
KPG
Stopped by EVOMS this AM to check on the progress. Looks like she will be spinning the rollers on Wed Not sure how long final tuning will take but I would think it shouldnt be more than a couple of days....

Old 05-11-2009, 04:26 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Kevin -- I've learned at least a couple things from the pictures of your car: looks great with the Euro rear bumper without bumperettes and the side mirrors fold in. Best of luck with finishing up your car. I hope all goes smoothly and quickly.

Old 05-11-2009, 10:58 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Hey Kevin. Nice to see you posting. I was thinking of sending you a PM recently to see how things are going. Glad to hear you'll be behind the wheel soon.

Mike

Old 05-12-2009, 05:14 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Good luck this week! You should be spinning your tires in a week or less.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....