996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-12-2009, 09:03 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Stopped by EVOMS this AM to check on the progress. Looks like she will be spinning the rollers on Wed Not sure how long final tuning will take but I would think it shouldnt be more than a couple of days....
Wednesday?! Nice, bro! I'm honestly excitied for you!

Old 05-12-2009, 07:57 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Zippy
Hey Kevin. Nice to see you posting. I was thinking of sending you a PM recently to see how things are going. Glad to hear you'll be behind the wheel soon.

Mike
Thanks Mike, I should be finished up very soon. Looks like I saved you a PM with this thread.... Kevin

Old 05-12-2009, 08:05 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Wednesday?! Nice, bro! I'm honestly excitied for you!
Scott, I am very excited as well. John sent me an email this afternoon and the motor is back in the car, and the turbos finally arrived! The custom headers are done and he told me the car will be dyno ready tomorrow. I am not expecting much in the way of numbers tomorrow, just some break in of the turbos etc... Hopefully Thur they will hit it real hard Todd, John and the rest of the EVOMS crew have been nothing but fair and professional in dealing with me and this car and I expect the tuning will go without a hitch as well..... Going to be a long couple of days waiting for the tune to be finished, but hey, I can wait a bit longer.
I hope to get Tom's car before the holiday and do a swap the first of the month. Drop his off and pick up mine. Go back a few weeks later and get Tom and Joe's car and bring them back to Brooklyn....but not before I unload Joe's car in the dead of the night for some extra curricular activities

Old 05-12-2009, 08:57 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Maybe we can swap the motor...

Old 05-12-2009, 09:04 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by topgun
Maybe we can swap the motor...
He would never know.... we all know it is going to get rolled into its hermetically sealed chamber in the Brooklyn Batcave and never see the light of day again

Old 05-12-2009, 09:26 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Just got off the phone with John,wait till you guys hear what is coming down the pipeline........Tom and Kevin,I know what you will be doing next winter,and it won't be just studs.lol I can't wait till all your cars(Ben,Tom,Kevins) are done so we can get "BDMFKR" back on the dyno....it should be fun.Updates to follow!

Old 05-12-2009, 10:00 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Just got off the phone with John,wait till you guys hear what is coming down the pipeline........Tom and Kevin,I know what you will be doing next winter,and it won't be just studs.lol I can't wait till all your cars(Ben,Tom,Kevins) are done so we can get "BDMFKR" back on the dyno....it should be fun.Updates to follow!

Common Joe ..... do tell

Old 05-12-2009, 11:25 PM
Zippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond reputeZippy has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joetwint
Keep up the great work guys! I truly appreciate the R&D work going on at the EVO Shop recently.

Old 05-13-2009, 12:08 AM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Kevin,

Keep an eye on my car while your there. Spoke to John today and they are fabbing up my custom 3"
X-pipe exhaust this week before they pull my motor.

Can you post some pics of the Zeitronix's installation please.

Cheers,

Ben

Old 05-13-2009, 06:12 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Good luck today Kevin.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:49 PM
KPG
Well, we didnt make it on the dyno today. There was a snag with the turbo hanger brackets, so EVO is going to fab up a pair in AM and finish it up. The motor has all its bolt ons installed, fuel system is in, engine was reinstalled, side plenum was fabricated and installed, and one turbo is
hanging.

Old 05-13-2009, 10:55 PM
KPG
The fuel system is a real nice piece, even the CNC bracket that holds the twin 044 pumps has the EVO logo engraved in it. Clean installation, once the trunk trim is reinstalled no one will know a custom fuel system is in the car.....

Old 05-13-2009, 11:01 PM
KPG
The Tial GT30's are being used on this setup. The headers on the car are not the GT-R custom headers they made for me but rather a pair of test headers that have all sorts of taps for different probles. They will be able to monitor egt, AFR and back pressure for each bank. Once the tuning is done they will install my headers with just the EGT probe in them. Tomorrow all there is left to do is install the new hanger brackets, the other turbo, water lines , exhaust and I think that about covers it....

Old 05-13-2009, 11:05 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Kevin,

Keep an eye on my car while your there. Spoke to John today and they are fabbing up my custom 3"
X-pipe exhaust this week before they pull my motor.

Can you post some pics of the Zeitronix's installation please.

Cheers,

Ben
Ben here is the Zeitronix install.... I like the clean, ricer look. JK, they are still making a front plate for the display. It wasnt a straightforward install since the Zeitronix unit has a peak and hold memeory switch. The problem is the switch is on the side of the unit so if it got flush mounted there would be no access to the button. They are making a plate so I can reach in a small opening and push that button. I will get you pics when it is finished....

Old 05-13-2009, 11:15 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
Now THAT is the way to do the fuel pump! Are they upgrading the feed line or feeding the OEM line? Looks like an upgraded line but not braided - very nice! Stock style FPR or something aftermarket? Weird that these components don't show up in their catalog or WEB site Really appreciate the pics, keep them coming!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....