996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-13-2009, 11:25 PM
BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !BigBadBen Is a GOD !
Thanks for keeping me updated Kevin. Looking forward to seeing the final result. I see is it nice and toasty in Phoenix at the moment. At least my car is warm

Cheers,

Ben

Old 05-13-2009, 11:26 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Now THAT is the way to do the fuel pump! Are they upgrading the feed line or feeding the OEM line? Looks like an upgraded line but not braided - very nice! Stock style FPR or something aftermarket? Weird that these components don't show up in their catalog or WEB site Really appreciate the pics, keep them coming!
BLK, it is a very nice piece and was finished recently...trial by fire you might say. This is the same unit with the same specs as the one in Joetwints 231 mph TX mile car, so it should be adequate for my needs. You are correct all the lines in the tank have been upgraded/enlarged. The feed lines are new and I recall John saying that fuel safe corrugated line is ungodly expensive as well.The nice part is completely intank...nice and clean. It has its own Bosch relay as well with a plug and play harness to the car.....

Old 05-14-2009, 12:27 AM
silversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to beholdsilversurfer is a splendid one to behold
So, I haven't been around in awhile...

Was watching Supercars Exposed and saw Joe's beast (congrats to Joe and Il Monstro!) and figured I'd stop back in on the 6spd monsters. Here I see Kevin going to the dark side (said with all love and respect, honestly) and building his beast up. That transporter is amazing Kevin. And I wish you and the Evo guys all the best on what looks to be yet another amazing project.

Glad to see you guys are still pushing the envelope.

Old 05-14-2009, 01:21 AM
Basic Sponsor
markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !markski@markskituning Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Well, we didnt make it on the dyno today. There was a snag with the turbo hanger brackets, so EVO is going to fab up a pair in AM and finish it up.
ahh , should have told me I would send you a set of these puppies I had made...

left is aftermarket vs stock on right....

2001 996TT 3.6L and stock ECU
seconds @ 147.76 mph 1/4 mile
click to view
160 mph @ 9.77 seconds in 1/4 mile click to view
50% OFF ON PORSCHE ECU TUNING BLACK FRIDAY SPECIAL

Old 05-14-2009, 06:58 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by silversurfer

Was watching Supercars Exposed and saw Joe's beast (congrats to Joe and Il Monstro!) and figured I'd stop back in on the 6spd monsters. Here I see Kevin going to the dark side (said with all love and respect, honestly) and building his beast up. That transporter is amazing Kevin. And I wish you and the Evo guys all the best on what looks to be yet another amazing project.

Glad to see your back... you have to respect the DARK SIDE, but then again maybe we were on the dark side

Old 05-14-2009, 09:06 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
you have to respect the DARK SIDE
I AM your father( insert heavy muffled breathing here)

Old 05-14-2009, 09:07 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by MARKSKI
ahh , should have told me I would send you a set of these puppies I had made...

left is aftermarket vs stock on right....

Mark, those pics you sent were very impressive. I guess this isnt rocket science after all. Waiting patiently for the unveiling

Old 05-14-2009, 09:09 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by silversurfer

Thanks Ben, I havent been around much recently myself, I just got back in the swing of things a few weeks ago. So far so good Things certainly have changed a bit in your absence, dont be a stranger. Kevin

Old 05-14-2009, 11:07 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Kevin, looks great. Can't wait to see you driving and grinning ear to ear.

are you going to get yourself a set of the nice Evoms IC's.

Old 05-14-2009, 12:56 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Prche951
Kevin, looks great. Can't wait to see you driving and grinning ear to ear.

are you going to get yourself a set of the nice Evoms IC's.
Dennis, we will see about the ICs. I have the Blown6 and have some doubts as to their quality and effectiveness but to just swap them out at this point will be a waste of money, and I am running out of money to waste. If the EVO crew tells me we are having issues with elevated IATs when the car is tuned and datalogged we will address that issue at that point. I know the EVO ICs will go the distance since Joe ran them just fine in TX and I am going to be nowhere near his power levels. I should know rather quickly what , if anything, needs to be upgraded. The car is leaving EVO finished! They are even doing some suspension pancake bearings on the front to get rid of the JIC popping noise from coil bind at extreme lock, plus an alignment and corner balance.....

Old 05-14-2009, 02:08 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
[subscribed] good luck KPG, appreciate the help.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:07 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Hey Kevin, Do you think it will make more or less than the power levels you expected from your UMW STAGE 4? Trying to play devils advocate here...Can't wait to she what she does.

Old 05-14-2009, 03:59 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by topgun
Hey Kevin, Do you think it will make more or less than the power levels you expected from your UMW STAGE 4? Trying to play devils advocate here...Can't wait to she what she does.
What kind of question is that? Stage 4 had all the potential in the world. It would have been a benchmark if it ever ran in anger, but I lost faith...no harm , no foul.
I think people like Deepblue and Prsche951 should pick up the stg4 banner and run with it...
As for power, what am I going to compare it to? My car hasnt been tuned yet. Comparing two setups that have not produced any numbers would be the definition of bench racing, I would be run off 6speed.....

PS, dont be so nasty it was only 2100$ more... you are saving a bunch on transportation costs!

Last edited by KPG; 05-14-2009 at 04:02 PM.
Old 05-14-2009, 04:09 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
What kind of question is that? Stage 4 had all the potential in the world. It would have been a benchmark if it ever ran in anger, but I lost faith...no harm , no foul.
I think people like Deepblue and Prsche951 should pick up the stg4 banner and run with it...
As for power, what am I going to compare it to? My car hasnt been tuned yet. Comparing two setups that have not produced any numbers would be the definition of bench racing, I would be run off 6speed.....

PS, dont be so nasty it was only 2100$ more... you are saving a bunch on transportation costs!
Don't get me started about the *&^%%^&* CLUTCH arrrgh ...you really know how to poke somebody .

if Prsche951 & Deepblue have the patience why not... I would love to see someone finish it.

Old 05-14-2009, 05:45 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Dennis, we will see about the ICs. I have the Blown6 and have some doubts as to their quality and effectiveness but to just swap them out at this point will be a waste of money, and I am running out of money to waste. If the EVO crew tells me we are having issues with elevated IATs when the car is tuned and datalogged we will address that issue at that point. I know the EVO ICs will go the distance since Joe ran them just fine in TX and I am going to be nowhere near his power levels. I should know rather quickly what , if anything, needs to be upgraded. The car is leaving EVO finished! They are even doing some suspension pancake bearings on the front to get rid of the JIC popping noise from coil bind at extreme lock, plus an alignment and corner balance.....
got it. Sounds like you will be rolling very soon now. Is the car going to tow the semi trailer back??

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....