996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-17-2009, 05:24 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Joe, did EVOMS finish up those CAD designed, billet curb feelers you ordered yet?
Yup.......they are still working on the bobble head(in your likeness) though(carbon ofcourse).

Old 05-17-2009, 05:25 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Yup.......they are still working on the bobble head though(carbon ofcourse).
no way your head will fit in that car

Old 05-17-2009, 05:28 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Got me before the edit!!!!!

Old 05-17-2009, 05:35 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Joe, how long would the tranny's last on these cars? Do one needs to modify this as well?

Old 05-17-2009, 05:38 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Joes car will be done after our new dyno gets installed and we can test it again. Our old dyno was defective and was reading way too high

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 05-17-2009, 05:39 PM
Good question...many of us are still runnin around on stock trannies,mine just has upgraded synchros,but i think it all depends on how hard you drive it and what type of driving your doing.Obviously drag racing with no lift shifts will wear one with high hp out quickly.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:42 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Thanks Joe. KPG sorry about the hi-jack. Just wondering since I only know of one massive HP producer that had it modified.

Old 05-17-2009, 05:46 PM
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Joes car will be done after our new dyno gets installed and we can test it again. Our old dyno was defective and was reading way too high
Why ya have to burst a brutha's bubble.Didn't you have enough fun watching me talk my way out of a ticket in Texas with that trooper?

Old 05-17-2009, 05:56 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Why ya have to burst a brutha's bubble.Didn't you have enough fun watching me talk my way out of a ticket in Texas with that trooper?
LMAO -- Dont worry Joe, we hope to have your 800 HP car done real soon.

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds
Old 05-17-2009, 06:14 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Thanks Joe. KPG sorry about the hi-jack.
No worries, this is a nice intermission while my car gets finished. Besides, it keeps the post/view counts climbing and it gets Joe bent out of shape since my thread is doing better than his TX mile thread.

Old 05-17-2009, 06:22 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Besides, it keeps the post/view counts climbing and it gets Joe bent out of shape since my thread is doing better than his TX mile thread.
Yeah,well its hard to convince people you went 231 at the Texas mile when you are only making 800hp.PM'ing Marty for help with the bully!

Old 05-17-2009, 06:29 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Yeah,well its hard to convince people you went 231 at the Texas mile when you are only making 800hp.PM'ing Marty for help with the bully!
Ah, I knew you were sand bagging!! I should of known "Brooklyn"

KPG, how dare you speak to the KING in that manner...Joe will close this thread in a heart beat

Old 05-17-2009, 06:52 PM
KPG
You know Joe, your bitterness and jealously is unbecoming. I know it must be painful to hold the world record in the mile, own a nice stable of cars, be a pillar of 6speed , have a sidekick like topgun and wonder how does KPG do it? How does he manage all these views in his thread. This guy is like Mickey Rourke in the "Wrestler" returning for his Oscar performance after being off the stage for years.... Hang in there Joe, someday you can be like me, maybe

Old 05-17-2009, 07:07 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
Thanks Joe. KPG sorry about the hi-jack. Just wondering since I only know of one massive HP producer that had it modified.

We have changed all the gears to stronger square cut gears with different ratios, syncros to steel, internal oiler and external cooler. Weather it will hold up only time will tell.

Last edited by cjv; 05-17-2009 at 08:47 PM.
Old 05-17-2009, 07:15 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Those numbers (would have never believed i was saying this not too long ago)are definitely possible,just don't know the particulars of his build or if "his" car is capable of it.I can tell you that without bigger studs,the best set of cams ,heads combo,some intake mods,modded GT35R'S,and so on you will only see those numbers in your dreams! I do think Chad's car has the potential for even more than that.
Joe, that's if the case doesn't explode first. You and I both know understand that one thing overlooked or not done correctly and we are liable to be back at square one. At least you have proved that yours will hold together under the extreme stress. Hoping to follow your example in the next month or so.

KPG, I apologize for the off topic.

Last edited by cjv; 05-17-2009 at 08:48 PM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....