996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 07:41 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Tony@epl
Congrats on fantastic results!!!

I think its important to mention that in a recent conversation with evo, they mentioned that a stock 996 makes about 400 awd hps on their dyno. A stock car is rated at 415 crank hps, thats only about 4% drive train loss.... 18% may be alittle on the high side for a crank conversion.

Either way a VERY stout car .
Tony, thanks for the props! Lets just give up on the EPL to EVOMS dyno rating. Most people generally agree that 12% loss for rwd and 18% for AWD is in the ball park. Those were my conversion numbers and no one elses and have little , if any, bearing on what a stock car does on EVOMS dyno. Stay away from the petty bull**** with the dyno numbers, it is unbecoming for you especially since you are having, in my opinion, very substantial and impressive results tuning as of late.... cheers, bro

Old 05-27-2009, 07:54 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by sharkster
How's your car coming? You should come out one Sat. to Santana Row if you can get down sometime...
Is that every weekend? I will have to make a point of making it down.

Old 05-27-2009, 07:58 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Tony, thanks for the props! Lets just give up on the EPL to EVOMS dyno rating. Most people generally agree that 12% loss for rwd and 18% for AWD is in the ball park. Those were my conversion numbers and no one elses and have little , if any, bearing on what a stock car does on EVOMS dyno. Stay away from the petty bull**** with the dyno numbers, it is unbecoming for you especially since you are having, in my opinion, very substantial and impressive results tuning as of late.... cheers, bro
Its one thing to agree on basic conversions and its another to understand them.

I agree it is petty bull****....it just important to be able to compare numbers from dyno to dyno.

That said...lets see some 60-130s and trapspeeds!!!

Congrats again! Im sure it will be a true monster.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:00 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Wow.
Congratulations.

May you enjoy it in good health!

Would love to hear it on the road at 7800 rpm on full boost.....and feel it. Would be insane. I'd be afraid I think.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 05-27-2009 at 08:03 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:03 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !

I think its important to mention that in a recent conversation with evo, they mentioned that a stock 996 makes about 400 awd hps on their dyno. A stock car is rated at 415 crank hps, thats only about 4% drive train loss.... 18% may be alittle on the high side for a crank conversion.
Tony,why **** in the guys Cornflakes?Really.....I sleep well at night knowing the fastest Porsche in the world dynoed 923AWHP on this dyno even if you feel its optomistic.I am sure Kevin will sleep well too.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:06 PM
K24madness is infamous around these parts
Congrats Kevin.......Very long journey for you.

Chad you're up next!!

Last edited by K24madness; 05-28-2009 at 07:01 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:07 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Tony, why ?Really....
fixed it for you

Old 05-27-2009, 08:14 PM
Former Vendor
Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !Tony@epl Is a GOD !
Tony,why **** in the guys Cornflakes?Really.....I sleep well at night knowing the fastest Porsche in the world dynoed 923AWHP on this dyno even if you feel its optomistic.I am sure Kevin will sleep well too.
Your car and KPG;s car are both insane. That goes without saying. Nothing I mentioned was in anyway trying to take away from result, it was simply shed light that there are more to dyno results then the absolute numbers. Knowing what a stock car makes on the dyno is as important as the final results.

This is a techinical forum, I feel what I posted was technical information.

Lets drop it and back to KPG;s car!!! I am incredibly excited to hear his results and to hear he will have his car back soon!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:17 PM
Basic Sponsor
Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !Evolution MotorSports Is a GOD !
Congrats on fantastic results!!!

Either way a VERY stout car .
Tony, who did you speak to when you had this conversation or are you spy calling us again?

F: 480.317.9901
E: info@evoms.com
Home of the Worlds Fastest 997TT Porsche(s)
997TT Standing Mile = 234.6 MPH
997TT Standing 1/2 Mile = 217.09 MPH
Fastest 1/4 Mile = 9.29 @ 172.7 MPH
60-130 MPH Time = 3.28 Seconds

Last edited by Evolution MotorSports; 05-27-2009 at 08:20 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:24 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Evolution MotorSports
Tony, who did you speak to when you had this conversation?
I will happily check tomorrow when Im on my work laptop. I emailed someone there logs and the dyno sheet from a gt700 car. The email address will be in my sent folder.

I was also directed to a stock 996tt dyno sheet on your website by the same person.

Edit - I see you edited your post. I have no reason to spy, I was trying to help at local shop that was having issues with a gt700 car. The car had hardware issue unrelated to your products. I fully disclosed who I was when I called and who ever I talked to there was very friendly.

Last edited by Tony@epl; 05-27-2009 at 08:27 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 08:30 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Glad to see your waiting has paid off Kevin. Lemme know when you want to do some pulls in Mexico for a comparison **reaches for the C16**

Old 05-27-2009, 08:32 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Congrats KPG, phenomonal numbers!!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:33 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
[quote=Tony@epl;2401422]
Knowing what a stock car makes on the dyno is as important as the final results.
Who cares what some random stock car makes on a random day at a random temp at a random time compared to what KPG's car made on this particular day and temp.This also has no bearing on drivetrain loss for KPG's car.They are two different cars on different days and so on.It would only matter what KPG's car dynoed stock vs tuned.You mentioned the same thing on Big Bad Ben's thread.Besides the only thing that matters is how they run in the real world.This I am sure we can agree upon

Old 05-27-2009, 08:38 PM
Former Vendor
[quote=joetwint;2401455]
Who cares what some random stock car makes on a random day at a random temp at a random time compared to what KPG's car made on this particular day and temp.This also has no bearing on drivetrain loss for KPG's car.They are two different cars on different days and so on.It would only matter what KPG's car dynoed stock vs tuned.You mentioned the same thing on Big Bad Ben's thread.Besides the only thing that matters is how they run in the real world.This I am sure we can agree upon
Completely agree about real world performance!

Lets drop this and move on. This is about Kevin's car.

Kevin - Please pm me if you would like me to remove any of my post. Again, congrats and enjoy the car!!

Old 05-27-2009, 08:39 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
This is scary...Tom and Evoms.....He is likely to come back with a jet engine in there.Btw ...Did you know he is doing cams?He tried to slip that one by me.This could be very dangerous.What have I started?
Joe, your beginning to know me to well my friend... What can i say I slipped, Damn ...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....