996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-02-2009, 06:52 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Ah, I think you owe the brooklyn boy's Steak!!! Mark, get online...
Oh ****,I forgot all about that!Tom,I knew there was a reason he didn't meet us for the auto show !That's OK,I am working up my appetite starting now.That's gonna be the best steak ever,Let's see Kevin....... how does it go?.....Something like this?

Beers=$50.00
Steak dinner =$300.00
Tom and I telling Kevin "I told u so" over aformentioned beer and steak=Priceless

Old 05-02-2009, 07:01 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
Heck, I lost so many bets to you over this deal I can even remember what they were about. ..
Yeah, but who remembers? Looks like a LOT of people!!!!!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:43 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Oh ****,I forgot all about that!Tom,I knew there was a reason he didn't meet us for the auto show !That's OK,I am working up my appetite starting now.That's gonna be the best steak ever,Let's see Kevin....... how does it go?.....Something like this?

Beers=$50.00
Steak dinner =$300.00
Tom and I telling Kevin "I told u so" over aformentioned beer and steak=Priceless
Never been a big fan of humble pie, but hey...humble porterhouse at Peter Lugars, you're on!

Old 05-02-2009, 09:46 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by 9Eleven
Well, there is a bright side. We've got you back on the forum on a regular basis. Some of us missed you around here. I'm sure from here on in, EVO will do their best to get you back on the street.
Thanks bro...

Old 05-02-2009, 09:51 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Red 9
Yeah, but who remembers? Looks like a LOT of people!!!!!
Yeah I know, but those guys just want a free meal. Besides , they know every twist and turn of the story anyway, something you will never know....

Old 05-02-2009, 10:03 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
Yeah I know, but those guys just want a free meal. Besides , they know every twist and turn of the story anyway, something you will never know....
Things have a way of coming out-so don't bet on it -you haven't done to well on that front!
The serious side of you not giving the forum the benefit of your experiences is that the whole community is restricted in what it knows. In particular you were a very frequent poster on others with great confidence that you knew something that others didn't -- then you get gagged and go mia - no comment on your situation -untill now.
That said-- hope all goes well from here on for you, the car will be at a terrific spec.

Old 05-02-2009, 10:54 PM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
KPG,

Best of luck with your car.

Better hurry up though, we are about six weeks away from completion.

Old 05-03-2009, 06:55 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by cjv

Chad,

So i guess now would be a bad time to tell you how we are getting 4.9 liters out of the 996 ?

Old 05-03-2009, 08:20 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by joetwint
Chad,

So i guess now would be a bad time to tell you how we are getting 4.9 liters out of the 996 ?
You are evil

Old 05-03-2009, 08:25 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by cjv
KPG,

Best of luck with your car.

Thanks Chad, you of all people can certaintly appreciate the ups and downs of a build like this. Clearly those people who were smarter than us and stayed stock will never understand! Good luck and I think, maybe, possibly, hopefully this will be finished in under 6 weeks....

Old 05-03-2009, 08:48 AM
KPG
Things have a way of coming out-so don't bet on it -you haven't done to well on that front!
The serious side of you not giving the forum the benefit of your experiences is that the whole community is restricted in what it knows. In particular you were a very frequent poster on others with great confidence that you knew something that others didn't -- then you get gagged and go mia - no comment on your situation -untill now.
That said-- hope all goes well from here on for you, the car will be at a terrific spec.
Red, I am not sure if you are genuinely interested or you have an agenda. I will answer the best I can, but I am sure it will not be deep enough or thorough enough for you, sorry. If this whole issue comes out publicly, so be it. I just will not have a public airing of dirty laundry. You are the only one so far who is pushing for a turn by turn accounting of this build, not sure why. You claim I am not doing a very good job of keeping this under wraps, well I would think not since I started the thread. Why would I do that if I was gagged and MIA? I think most would construe this thread as a mea culpa. Yes I was vocal, yes I was caustic and cynical towards other and yes I was wrong about many things.This thread is about looking forward not back. Yes, I was off the forums for some time,but all was not related to this car. I started a new business in the depths of the worst economic times in recent memory if not history and it has consumed all of my time. Things are going very well for my business now and have a bit more free time to waste on car related things.
If you feel the need to investigate this further, feel free to do so. It is your choice.
Thanks for wishing the car well. I do agree it is a terrific, yet unproven spec. Even though this did take far too long and was never fully completed we did stick with our principles. There were no shortcuts in this this build. It has the best of everything and could have been cut short and cut rate many moons ago, but that is not what we wanted. I think the harsh light of scrutiny of the public forums will be the ultimate arbiter of the final product. Perhaps much of what was done was not necessary, but we will find out soon enough.... feel free to keep my feet to the fire

KPG

Old 05-03-2009, 01:57 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
I hope everything works out well for you.
Robert aka bluey

Old 05-03-2009, 05:31 PM
Originally Posted by KPG
Red, I am not sure if you are genuinely interested or you have an agenda. I will answer the best I can, but I am sure it will not be deep enough or thorough enough for you, sorry. If this whole issue comes out publicly, so be it. I just will not have a public airing of dirty laundry. You are the only one so far who is pushing for a turn by turn accounting of this build, not sure why. You claim I am not doing a very good job of keeping this under wraps, well I would think not since I started the thread. Why would I do that if I was gagged and MIA? I think most would construe this thread as a mea culpa. Yes I was vocal, yes I was caustic and cynical towards other and yes I was wrong about many things.This thread is about looking forward not back. Yes, I was off the forums for some time,but all was not related to this car. I started a new business in the depths of the worst economic times in recent memory if not history and it has consumed all of my time. Things are going very well for my business now and have a bit more free time to waste on car related things.
If you feel the need to investigate this further, feel free to do so. It is your choice.
Thanks for wishing the car well. I do agree it is a terrific, yet unproven spec. Even though this did take far too long and was never fully completed we did stick with our principles. There were no shortcuts in this this build. It has the best of everything and could have been cut short and cut rate many moons ago, but that is not what we wanted. I think the harsh light of scrutiny of the public forums will be the ultimate arbiter of the final product. Perhaps much of what was done was not necessary, but we will find out soon enough.... feel free to keep my feet to the fire

KPG
Kevin I wish you and the car well! I had intended the last post to be my last in this thread but a couple of points arise. I have absoloutely no agenda -other than from an information perspective. I take no pleasure from anyone's misfortune or problems .In particular those in business or the issues that arise.One of the great things about the internet is that it does put information in the public arena for all to see and potentially benefit from - both good news and bad news!For those that seek to promote through the medium it is hardly reasonable not to expect to be called to account when the issues on the other side of the ledger arise.From a personal perspective, some of the people I have respect for have had their problems this year.Having accurate info can make a big difference to future dealings. I also presume I am not alone in those views.
You have acknowledged in your post some of the issues that kept you on my radar and spelt that out so I am happy to leave it there.

Old 05-03-2009, 05:52 PM
KPG
Kevin I wish you and the car well! I had intended the last post to be my last in this thread but a couple of points arise. I have absoloutely no agenda -other than from an information perspective. I take no pleasure from anyone's misfortune or problems .In particular those in business or the issues that arise.One of the great things about the internet is that it does put information in the public arena for all to see and potentially benefit from - both good news and bad news!For those that seek to promote through the medium it is hardly reasonable not to expect to be called to account when the issues on the other side of the ledger arise.From a personal perspective, some of the people I have respect for have had their problems this year.Having accurate info can make a big difference to future dealings. I also presume I am not alone in those views.
You have acknowledged in your post some of the issues that kept you on my radar and spelt that out so I am happy to leave it there.
Red, yes you are correct. The internet is a unique medium.... both a mega phone and a magnifying glass, sometimes at the same time... Take care, Kevin

Old 05-04-2009, 05:57 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Are you there yet?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....