996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-04-2009, 12:06 PM
iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !iLLM3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
The bottom line, KPG is an idiot! who would have thier car down this long for a build? we're not building a space shutle here .

Hey we all make mistakes..live & learn
LOL speaking of which

Glad both of you guy's will be up and rolling soon, Kev good luck bud, and Tom get your car running already dammit, we need to tear it up

Old 05-04-2009, 09:34 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
Are you there yet?
You sound like my kids.... I should get to EVOMS late WED night. They will have the car Thur AM

Old 05-04-2009, 09:59 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Good luck everyone.

(error cut out. KPG is an awesome guy was the basic statement)

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 05-07-2009 at 05:13 AM.
Old 05-05-2009, 02:16 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
Good luck everyone. And, having followed the UMW build pictures, the plans that were made were incredibly impressive. I am quite sure many, many ideas and cars by Ferdi et al never made it out of the shop. Stuff happens. It is the dreamers that make it better for the rest of us. I still am in awe of those engine plans and I really want a UMW gt2 turbine ZC set of turbos one day.

So, let's all give KPG a break and put it in perspective. While his car was down, he took the time to explain the whole accumulator/slave issue to me way back when and sent me help before I could pay him (I did...). I have since had to upgrade again given the great Porsche design of those parts..to an evoms kit ironically.

That is the kind of person we need on this and any other site. The word "idiot" is completely inappropriate in this context IMHO. His engine, I have no doubt, is perhaps one of the finest built motors out there bar none.

Anyway, he helped me when I needed help and that is the kind of person he is. I hope all the people on the forum can be 10% as nice and helpful as he is. I cannot wait to hear about his car once done. It is sure to be amazing.

Jeff
Jeff, Get a grip ...It was meant as a joke! I'm in the same boat

Thomas

Old 05-05-2009, 02:52 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
JCB, that one flew right over you, Top Gun is in middle of same build and same battle.
Thankfully, they are both moving ahead and not looking back !

Old 05-05-2009, 04:05 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
I think we can all agree KPG is a good egg and long-time 6speeder. Again, best of luck on this new direction and most of all very impressive that you've come out of these harsh economic times so strong. Pat on the back pal.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:13 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I think we can all agree KPG is a good egg and long-time 6speeder. Again, best of luck on this new direction and most of all very impressive that you've come out of these harsh economic times so strong. Pat on the back pal.
Thanks Alex, this crappy economy turned out to be an opportunity strangely enough. There is no better feeling than controlling your own destiny in tough economic times, lot of headaches but pretty rewarding as well..... Anyway, I am sitting in EVOMS parking lot typing this and the show gets underway tomorrow, hopefully they can get this finished before I get back on the next turnaround. Looking forward to seeing some real pretty parts tomorrow, and chatting with Todd about the characteristics we are going to put in the different files....

Old 05-07-2009, 05:11 AM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Sorry guys. I missed it completely. (see edit)

My goof.

Apologies to all. I'll read more of the thread(s) next time. Just jumped to defend KPG because he is such a great guy....nothing more than that.

I'll take a few days off posting.

Jeff

Old 05-07-2009, 06:03 AM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !

My goof.

Apologies to all. I'll read more of the thread(s) next time. Just jumped to defend KPG because he is such a great guy....nothing more than that.

Jeff
No need to take a few day's off ...It's all good, I'm glad you have his back

Old 05-07-2009, 06:40 AM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
I think we can all agree KPG is a good egg and long-time 6speeder.
I'm just glad those two Yankee's are back around.

Old 05-07-2009, 06:58 AM
KPG

My goof.

Jeff
thanks Jeff

Old 05-07-2009, 07:00 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by TXGold
I'm just glad those two Yankee's are back around.
Careful what you wish for!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:17 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Kevin and Jean return to the boards in the same week. Are Buddy G and VRAlex lurking around the next corner?

Seriously though, welcome back and best of luck on rounding out your build. We missed your insight and wit.

Old 05-07-2009, 08:21 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Kevin and Jean return to the boards in the same week.
Coincidence? I think not.... we are the same person
SGM, thanks.... I am just wiping down my car in EVOMS parking lot waiting for them to open up and Ihave high expectations for these guys!

Old 05-07-2009, 08:33 AM
cjv
cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !cjv Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Fine

Fuel system: EVOMS Frankenfuel in tank twin pump setup, same as on Joe's 231 mph car. Fuel lines. EVOMS rails. 83lb injectors.

Turbo/Exhaust: Tial Hybrid GT3076R,watercooled, Switzer exhaust, EVOMS race style flat collector headers.

Tuning: EVOMSit. File 1:Pump gas file with max bar, rapid boost ramp, early tq.
File 2: 1 bar pump, linear boost ramp, roadcourse manners
File 3: All out race
Redline, up to 8K depending on turbos going the distance...still an open question?

Intake: RSS 75MM plenum, 75MM TB, EVOMS side plenum, ported and port matched intake runners/injectors blocks, Y pipe?, EVOMS custom MAF housing, Hitachi MAF, Sportec twin snorkel CF airbox, BMC

Heads: Custom heavy port, larger Ferrea intake/exhaust valves, 9K springs/retainers. Flow numbers on avg 33% better than stock.

Cams: custom exhaust grind, intake stock(for now)

Engine: Ceramic coated piston crowns, moly coated piston skirts,moly coated wristpins, flycut crowns, Arrow rods,ARP studs, EVOMS MLS head gasket, GT3RS crank,crossdrilled, shufflepinned case, boattailed mains, extra oil galleries drilled for crank center mains, Porsche motorsports bearings, GT3 oil pump, all rotating parts from the crank pulley to the pressure plate and everything in between balanced within less than a gram.

Misc: EVOMS 300M axles, B6 IC's( we'll see), 6 Piston GT3 350MM brakes, Zeitronix-Boost; EGT;AFR;Pyrometer, 997 shifter, GT3RS solid motor mounts,optima 925, GT3 seats, Teq bar, bone stock exterior.....

Power: It will do what it will do, no more chasing ghosts

Bumper sticker: Joetwint for President

All EVOMs has to do is the following: R+R engine, install fuel sytem, turbos, exhaust ,headers, water cooling lines, engine bolt-ons, Zeitronix, tuning, add bumper sticker.

Engine has 2-3K miles since assembly with no issues....
KPG,

I would change one thing. Instead of molly coating your wrist pins go with DLC black carbon coating https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-post2850.html. It will completely prevent any gauling which leads to bent wrist pins.

Really not that much more expensive, but is the hardest coating known.

Last edited by cjv; 05-07-2009 at 08:51 AM.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....