996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 04-29-2009, 02:09 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....

Well, it was a nice day in MI here today and I dragged the car out of storage. It is headed to AZ and a date with Todd and John at EVOMS. It is going to get the Joetwint "light" makeover. I didnt get to drive the car today since my EVOMS Frankenfuel twin pump fuel system is on John's desk in Tempe, so I just winched it on.. Should be down there the middle of next week and hopefully a car from Brooklyn will be joining mine on the trip down! I will update as we go.... and yes, that is a Switzer exhaust in a box on the sidewalk

Old 04-29-2009, 02:25 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Great move Kevin. You guys will be very happy.

Old 04-29-2009, 02:34 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by LUISGT3
Great move Kevin. You guys will be very happy.
Thanks Luis, truth be told, I am not taking the car down there for any work. Joetwint is having an autograph session at EVOMS next week and I want him to sign my decklid

Old 04-29-2009, 03:15 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Kpg wasnt your car at UMW ? i thought the motor was done by kevin and almost everything was complete .

Old 04-29-2009, 03:17 PM
LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !LUISGT3 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Joetwint is having an autograph session at EVOMS next week and I want him to sign my decklid
He mailed me an autographed pic. It's real nice.

Old 04-29-2009, 03:41 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by unvmym3
Kpg wasnt your car at UMW ? i thought the motor was done by kevin and almost everything was complete .
Kevin is a class act thru and thru, it just didnt work out. Doesnt make anyone a bad guy, just one of those things.....

Old 04-29-2009, 03:45 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
KPG,

The car is really clean looking, we will all be anxious what types of mods,
turbos, etc you decide to go with. I am sure you will be happy very soon.
Good luck!

MK

Old 04-29-2009, 04:01 PM
unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !unvmy996 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Kevin is a class act thru and thru, it just didnt work out. Doesnt make anyone a bad guy, just one of those things.....
i understand , good luck man .

Old 04-29-2009, 04:26 PM
Alpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud ofAlpha has much to be proud of
Kevin -- Is that your trailer? It looks nice, very clean (as does your 996tt). Good luck with the "'light' makeover".

Old 04-29-2009, 04:28 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
I was wondering what happened to the 4a kits. How long was your car down with that whole situation?

Good luck with Evoms and I hope your car turns out great

Jag

Old 04-29-2009, 04:43 PM
vincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond reputevincentdds has a reputation beyond repute
Best of luck Kevin. I sincerely hope it will all work out with yours and Tom's car.

Last edited by vincentdds; 04-29-2009 at 05:15 PM.
Old 04-29-2009, 04:46 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
I am probably? far enough away to ask what a lot of others really want to know--all without prying etc
You have in the past been very vocal on these forums and led a lot of cynicism towards others and the time taken ,actual results etc and by and large have gone missing(from almost daily to very occasional posting) for some time on not commenting or answering in relation to your own situation. That said-- I think a lot of us would like to know more detail of what has transpired with your engine and your previous choices.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:13 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
KPG,

The car is really clean looking, we will all be anxious what types of mods,
turbos, etc you decide to go with. I am sure you will be happy very soon.
Good luck!

MK
Marty, Alan, Jags and Vincent...thanks.

Old 04-29-2009, 06:17 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Alpha
Kevin -- Is that your trailer? It looks nice, very clean (as does your 996tt). Good luck with the "'light' makeover".
Yes, that is my trailer. It is truly a custom unit from the ground up. I spent lots of time designing the trailer and the interior modifcations. Everything ends up being a compromise in a trailer like this that does a little bit of everything. It would have been a lot easier to build a trailer for the same vehicles everytime, but that just isnt realistic. Good luck with your turbo upgrades, let me know how they perform.... Kevin

Old 04-29-2009, 06:26 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red 9
I am probably? far enough away to ask what a lot of others really want to know--all without prying etc
You have in the past been very vocal on these forums and led a lot of cynicism towards others and the time taken ,actual results etc and by and large have gone missing(from almost daily to very occasional posting) for some time on not commenting or answering in relation to your own situation. That said-- I think a lot of us would like to know more detail of what has transpired with your engine and your previous choices.
The bottom line, KPG is an idiot! who would have thier car down this long for a build? we're not building a space shutle here .

Hey we all make mistakes..live & learn

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car is loaded on trailer, heading to EVOMS....