996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

DIY: Fuel Filter Change

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 11-06-2014, 03:20 PM
ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !ASLAN Is a GOD !
Completed!

I finally tackled this job last night and it was pretty straight forward. First off, I want to thank Adam for posting, roadsterdoc for the C4 fuse tip (I used it), and JP for reposting the photos. Rep points to all of you! Secondly, I did not remove the air filter housing and IMHO doing so does not seem to have much benefit. Lastly, I bought a filter with the pigtail as I thought it was worth it to avoid the open flame with any part having “fuel” as part of its name,,,!

A couple tips I noticed while doing the job was:
1. Most of the fuel spillage comes from the filter, so the quicker you can get it out after disconnecting the supply line, the smaller the mess will be.
2. The TAB Adam refers to in step 5 is circled in blue. It will unengage the hook you see on the second elbow of that piece.
3. The hardest time I had was reengaging the new filter onto the coolant reservoir. It is probably mentioned in the repair manual, but who needs factory manuals when you have 6-speedonline !!! Anyway, the below red circle on the filter is actually a clip which slides into the red circle on the coolant reservoir. Once I realized that (2 coronas, two sets of torn latex gloves, and some moderate frustration later ) it was fairly smooth sailing.
4. Attach ground wire before fuel fitting as it becomes very tight otherwise.

Enjoy!

Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	pict1a.jpg
Views:	243
Size:	44.3 KB
ID:	406929   Click image for larger version

Name:	pict2a.jpg
Views:	262
Size:	35.8 KB
ID:	406930  
Old 05-06-2015, 02:49 PM
IbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to beholdIbanezGod is a splendid one to behold
what happened to the photos?

Old 05-06-2015, 02:55 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by IbanezGod
what happened to the photos?

They disappear from Adam post #1 but I put them in post 10-11....

Old 05-07-2015, 12:16 PM
dkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond reputedkfx has a reputation beyond repute
FYI i've got a NEAR NEW fuel filter (less than 300 miles) on it if anyone one.