996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

New nav/audio system installed!

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-06-2009, 08:48 PM
wrasse is infamous around these parts
New nav/audio system installed!

Went from old school factory NAV unit on my 01 Turbo and had the following installed...

Pioneer AVIC 700BT Nav unit with Bluetooth and IPOD connectioni
Euromotorsports double din kit
Replaced factory door subs with Focal 13KS 5" subs, a new spacer bracket had to be fabricated for proper seal. Also stuffed with Focal "stuff"
Replaced dash speaker with 4" Boston acoustics rally components
Alpine PDX 4.100 amp running the dash and door speakers.
Rear speakers off deck power
Cubby below the Nav with IPOD connector coming out of it.

Overall it's a great package. Sounds much improved, 4" bostons lack a little in the midbass department but I didn't expect much from them. Focal small subs actually sound much better than I thought but don't expect 10" sub performance out of them.

The install guy (Cole at Cartoys Bellevue) did a great job! Alpine amp was mounted on factory CD changer spot with modified bracket. The crossovers for the dash speakers are hidden under the amp in factory amp (removed) location.

Attached Images    
Old 05-06-2009, 10:09 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Awesome work.

Old 05-06-2009, 10:10 PM
Former Vendor
Autoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud ofAutoscope has much to be proud of
Good choice on the Focal's.....Have you heard the Focal components before? Your new stereo is probably night and day compared to the stock stereo......but don't get me wrong, the stock stereo is nice...

Old 05-06-2009, 10:43 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by Adam@Autoscope
Good choice on the Focal's.....Have you heard the Focal components before? Your new stereo is probably night and day compared to the stock stereo......but don't get me wrong, the stock stereo is nice...
I have a pair of K2P in my cars and they sound wonderful.

Old 05-07-2009, 12:23 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
nice deck. I've never seen that interior combo before tho..

Old 05-07-2009, 05:18 AM
blackonblacktt is infamous around these partsblackonblacktt is infamous around these parts
Nice system, I was actually thinking about the same receiver. How do you like the GPS? I saw some complaints that it takes long to boot up but that may have been resolved with a software update from what I read. How is the ipod control interface?

Old 05-07-2009, 09:46 AM
It does take some time to boot up but faster after the 2.0 upgrade. However, you'll hear the radio/ipod several seconds into the bootup even before it's complete. Ipod control is easy, you get a touch screen that looks identical to the ipod dial. Or you can use the **** on the left. One of the nicest deals, I picked up a refurb for cheap. Plays ipod videos as well. I don't use the GPS much but it worked fine when I tested it.

Originally Posted by blackonblacktt
Nice system, I was actually thinking about the same receiver. How do you like the GPS? I saw some complaints that it takes long to boot up but that may have been resolved with a software update from what I read. How is the ipod control interface?

Old 05-07-2009, 09:48 AM
Thanks! I love the interior color as well. Very warm and classy.

Originally Posted by SXN
nice deck. I've never seen that interior combo before tho..

Old 05-07-2009, 02:31 PM
Banned
j.mitchell70 is infamous around these parts
Does the finish on the deck match closely to the factory finish on the climate control, etc? Looking at picking up the same unit. Looks great!

Old 05-07-2009, 07:38 PM
The finish of the trim piece is a good match for factory buttons. Both shiny. The pioneer deck's finish isn't as bright but not as dull as the factory trim pieces. So somewhere in the middle.

quote=j.mitchell70;2376441]Does the finish on the deck match closely to the factory finish on the climate control, etc? Looking at picking up the same unit. Looks great![/quote]