996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My First Dyno on the Pessimistic Mustang

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 06:32 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by BLKMGK
Now THIS is something that could very well be true! It is VERY possible that his car is compromising timing in order to run at this level of boost. It would be a VERY good idea to turn down the boost and bring timing up to see where it goes.

Maybe I didn't say it well, but this is all I was trying to say. Despite what has been said here, a 60-130 would really show what kinda power the car is making.

Old 05-09-2009, 07:23 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I have seen instances where folks have used extreme amounts of boost, little timing, and claimed big power gains from it. This is by far the exception, is probably done on motors with poor efficiency (IMO), and is dangerous. Personally I'll glady give up HP for safety. I have not seen many do this intentionally!

Really, a good shot of race gas and another dyno might be a good idea to see if that's it. More dynos from Tiptronic cars would also be helpful to try and see just what the trans might be doing here. Can any tuners weigh in?