996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Off To Underground

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 12:39 PM
P O R S C H E
KSA Turbo is infamous around these parts
scary stuff

Old 10-16-2004, 12:43 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
i dont think an 18" will clear the parking brake assembly on the SRT-10s...the factory wheel is a 19x13 for that reason.

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-16-2004, 01:21 PM
Banned
StephenTi is infamous around these parts
I think stock for stock, Shank is right on... SRT-10 right out of the box is a BEAST. It's fast, handles well, and has world-class braking. Again, I'm not speculating about 100 continous laps at Nurburgring, but you get the idea. And I can not even imagine what 1000+ rwhp will feel like... good thing I won't have to in about 6 weeks! Way to go, Shank!

Old 10-16-2004, 01:39 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Should be quite the animal. Still wish you would do black centers on the HREs

Old 10-16-2004, 02:22 PM
rockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond reputerockitman has a reputation beyond repute

Old 10-16-2004, 09:19 PM
Banned
twinvipers is just really nicetwinvipers is just really nicetwinvipers is just really nicetwinvipers is just really nice
Can't wait for 1/4 mile times(you are going to the track with it, correct). I thought you were going with RSI ? Maybe it was someone else.
Sold my 946RWHP Viper a few weeks ago. Looking to build an 1100-1200 RWHP car over the winter. I'm staying with S/C.

What kind of time frame did they give you ?

Old 10-16-2004, 11:01 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Twin, I was down to Hennessey Performance, SVS here in Chicago, Heffners Performance, and Underground Racing. Based on overall customer references, and Viperclub.org and Viperalley.com reviews, I went with Underground. I was very close to going with Hennessey.........but......I just dont know.

Hennessey won the Car and Driver Super Tuner shootout over RSI, with a 10psi VIPER TT at 11.0 in the 1/4 with street tires. That same car did Mid 9's in the 1/4 and over 200mph.

I dont know if any of you remember my buddy's car (97 Blue Viper GTS with License Plate "ENZO WHO") - However, he himself is building a twin turbo kit for that which will appear in many of the magazines this winter. It is to put out 1800Crank HP (1500RWHP) with a 5sp. automatic.

The best thing about these 1100RWHP SRTs...they're fully streetable and around town drive like stock.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:06 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I concur with the praises of the SRT. It does feel painfully slow compared to my Porsche, but the Porsche is very modified and the Viper is straining for air. At this altitude the Viper loses close to 20% of its power while the Porsche loses very little. Heffner will do my Stroker/TT and things will shift back in favor of the Viper I am sure.

I chose Heffner because I know several people who have used him and all are very satisfied. I think many of you know of my past experience with Hennessey so he was never an option.

Good luck with the Beast Shank. I am sure Underground will treat you right!

Old 10-17-2004, 12:21 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Thanks Bill, but remember to beat up Heffner on the price. Gimme a call if you need help. Beat him up silly! There is plenty of room to do so.

Old 10-17-2004, 12:25 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Thanks Bill, but remember to beat up Heffner on the price. Gimme a call if you need help. Beat him up silly! There is plenty of room to do so.
I'll work on it ...

Old 10-17-2004, 12:58 AM
ColorChange is infamous around these parts
Ryan Boy am I waiting for a ride.

Old 10-18-2004, 06:14 PM
Banned
sticky is infamous around these parts
It sounds like it will be a monster but how in the world will it ever get traction? I can see how it will be fun at 120 mph + when maybe the wheels will stop spinning, but all that horsepower sounds like it will be useless.

Old 10-18-2004, 11:54 PM
ryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura aboutryan has a spectacular aura about
treynor said he could spin the tires at 150 (1150rwhp or so) supercharged

Old 10-19-2004, 12:13 AM
Dabum is infamous around these parts
Sounds amazing, cant wait for some vids of the beast!

Old 12-17-2004, 03:18 PM
Pics of my Bad *** front mounted Intercooler:

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off To Underground