996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Off To Underground

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 01-15-2005, 11:52 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by lithium
Looks very good to me, everything is tig welded and is SS. Its just a mock up, finishing welds and polishing will come later.

Good luck on the car, will be crazy!

my thoughts too

Old 01-15-2005, 11:57 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Originally posted by 996turbo
Shank, I expected a little better craftsmanship. Hope it workes out and lasts.

Where is there a lack of craftsmanship? Tell me so I can tell them.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:04 PM
teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !teflon_jones Is a GOD !
Um.... Umm.... Ummm..... HOLY CRAP! I can't even imagine driving that much HP! If I'm ever out your way I'm going to have to ask for a ride!

Old 01-15-2005, 12:14 PM
996turbo is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ShankGT2
Where is there a lack of craftsmanship? Tell me so I can tell them.
I didn't no it was just a mock-up. I'm sure with the "finishing welds" and polishing it will look factory.

Last edited by 996turbo; 01-15-2005 at 12:34 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 12:22 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
the welds on the first pic look spot on, wish I could weld that well

Old 01-15-2005, 12:28 PM
The Newest "Bling King"
Gary (Fl) is infamous around these parts
Ryan,

Bet you can't wait to mash that pedal the first time and hold on!!!

Old 01-15-2005, 12:35 PM
Sloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud ofSloth has much to be proud of
Originally posted by Gary (Fl)
Ryan,

Bet you can't wait to mash that pedal the first time and hold on!!!

No doubt... that thing is going to be an animal.

Old 01-15-2005, 12:36 PM
no need to hold on, that thing is just gonna spin tires

Old 01-15-2005, 12:50 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
Ryan, would you like to set up your "account" for rear tires now, or when you get the car?

What interval should I be sending them? Every 2 weeks? 4 weeks?

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 01-15-2005, 01:12 PM
Sherpa is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by ShankGT2
[B]
When I first saw that picture I was thinking "is that half assed?" But showed it to a friend and pointed out how it's just a mockup. Interesting setup, Shank. I can only imagine how hard it is to route the piping from the compressor side to the intercooler.

What kind of turbo's did they end up using? As for intakes, are they doing some sort of bi-pipe to connect the two turbo's to one filter, or separate intakes with separate MAF's?

Last edited by Sherpa; 01-15-2005 at 01:17 PM.
Old 01-15-2005, 01:45 PM
Croatian Sensation
brab is infamous around these parts
Yeah BOVs are on the top....

The thing next to the turbo is a wastegate....

That thing is gonna be sick...

Shank I am on my way to Charlotte in about an hour if you need me to take pics...I will stay there until Sunday....

Old 01-15-2005, 01:48 PM
Banned
lithium is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Sherpa
When I first saw that picture I was thinking "is that half assed?" But showed it to a friend and pointed out how it's just a mockup. Interesting setup, Shank. I can only imagine how hard it is to route the piping from the compressor side to the intercooler.

What kind of turbo's did they end up using? As for intakes, are they doing some sort of bi-pipe to connect the two turbo's to one filter, or separate intakes with separate MAF's?
MAF's? I am 99% sure this will be a standalone EMS, most likely AEM or haltec/motec.

Shank, i recommend telling them to leave the dump tubes for the wastegates open (dont dump back into exhaust) and that thing will sound sick. Also, for rear tires BFG drags!

Old 01-15-2005, 02:46 PM
Sherpa is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by lithium
MAF's? I am 99% sure this will be a standalone EMS, most likely AEM or haltec/motec.

Shank, i recommend telling them to leave the dump tubes for the wastegates open (dont dump back into exhaust) and that thing will sound sick. Also, for rear tires BFG drags!
Whoops, I forget about that option since it's completely out of my price range!

Old 01-15-2005, 03:17 PM
BOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to beholdBOYRACER is a splendid one to behold
WOW! That thing has got to be insane! Now i was not the biggest fan of the previous generation vipers but like the new SRT-10! This thing is going to be an animal. Congrats, good luck and keep it safe bro! You have had a lot of beastly cars but this thing is going to be wild!

Old 02-22-2005, 02:55 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
2/21/05 - Update

Viper is in the midst of tuning. They're tuning it with 3 maps - 116 Octane, 100 Octane, and 93 Octane. The first test run dyno'd 915RWHP on 100 octane, but the torque of 900RWTQ came on way too early at 2800 RPM. They said they have to shave the springs on the waste gate to slow down the boost. That was running at 12psi.

The goal is to generate 800RWHP on 93, 900RWHP on 100, and 1200RWHP on 116. Dyno charts will be posted as soon as I get em.

-Shank

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off To Underground