996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Off To Underground

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 03-03-2005, 10:57 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I bought 3 sets of spare rear 20" x 345's.

Do PS2's comein 20 x 345? Anything sticy in that size?

Old 03-03-2005, 11:25 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Which 345s did you get? I was thinking about getting those Pirelli 355s.

Old 03-03-2005, 11:37 AM
tom03lightning is infamous around these parts
Shank,
Nice to see the TT coming together. Gonna be an interesting summer to say the least.

Tom

Old 03-03-2005, 04:26 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Shank I hope you hadnt ruled out black centered wheels for the car. Give these pics a look: http://gallery.viperclub.org/showgal...hp?ppuser=7021

After lowering, it would look sick:

Old 03-03-2005, 05:02 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
That looks sick. I already have HRE 542R with polished lip, brushed centers. How is that viper lowered? I had to go with motons, since no one made "just springs" for the SRT.

Old 03-03-2005, 05:51 PM
alexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud ofalexWS6 has much to be proud of
Originally posted by ShankGT2
That looks sick. I already have HRE 542R with polished lip, brushed centers. How is that viper lowered? I had to go with motons, since no one made "just springs" for the SRT.
I just lowered it in photoshop. The motons will allow it to get that low, if I'm not mistaken.

Old 03-03-2005, 06:38 PM
Shank, I have a buddy out here that just bought a black SRT and has already put the Motons on. His car is slammed just right. I'll try to get a pic ...

Old 03-03-2005, 06:45 PM
trybaljedi is infamous around these parts
lol. WOW.

ya gonna be able to hookup with 20s Shank?

Old 03-03-2005, 07:01 PM
Banned
Chordate is infamous around these parts
Shank, that looks amazing!

When are you going to get it?

Old 03-03-2005, 09:55 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by trybaljedi

ya gonna be able to hookup with 20s Shank?
hell f'ing no

Old 03-03-2005, 10:31 PM
trybaljedi is infamous around these parts
I say 18" Flat Black/Polished Lip BBS LMs.

Old 03-04-2005, 07:08 AM
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
hell f'ing no
With an AEM traction control system it will help though.

Old 03-04-2005, 08:45 AM
No Mercy, AEM is not yet available for the SRT. I know that Heffner and one other tuner has wired it into the SRT but it wasn't a SRT specific program. ONcE AEM has that program ready, i'm retuning it with the AEM, traction control, and gradual boost gains. There has been a lot of competitive talk between Heffner and Underground thru some channels, but Underground is so far delivering the most power, without lag, and 20K less.

You should really talk to 'em.

-Shank

Old 03-04-2005, 09:29 AM
Shank,

I have never heard of anything good or bad about underground. They get no press on the Viper forums and, to me, are a bit of an unknown.

Heffner is a proven tuner and I have heard nothing but positive experiences from his clients. One of my best friends is working with him now as he fixes a Hennessey abortion on a GTS. I have had conversations with several people who have used Heffner and all are very happy. Heffner now has the fastest 6 speed Viper record. I believe Chads car did an 8.75.

He is even doing a TT Gallardo for Wayne Skyles.

I am not bagging Underground. I am just more comfortable with Heffner. The extra money is worth it to me.

Old 03-04-2005, 09:45 AM
Bill, Thats cool. I only heard of Underground thru the message boards. They built their reputation on saleen mustangs, and supercharged GTS's. KC Howath of Underground is really a true tuner / engineer and its he who seems to have improved on the twin turbo setups that is very similar to RSi and Heffner. I have heard good stuff about Heffner too, so no worries. Just looking out to a fellow 6speeder to get the most bang for the buck.

TT Gallardo - SVS in Chicago approached me about that, but they wanted the car for almost a year... I'm like uh..... NO

TT Gallardo is basically an Audi Lemans. I guess they have to lower the compression as well. That would be sick.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off To Underground