996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Off To Underground

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-16-2004, 03:52 AM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
Off To Underground

Well the Viper is on its way to Underground Racing, Inc. located in North Carolina. Underground Racing is an up and coming Viper tuner who is the second time in a row winner of the Viper Nationals running a conservative tuned 1033RWHP Twin Turbo Viper.

The viper is fast out of the box with an 500/500 flat power band. This will be the fastest car I've owned, even over the 700+HP Stage 4GT GT2, MTI 7.0L stroker 550HP Z07, and 733RWHP Supra Turbo.

Here's the list of mods, and pictures to follow as the project unfolds;

Stroked motor to 522 CID
JE Forged Aluminum Pistons (Changing Compression from 9:6:1 to 9:0:1)
Oliver Billet or Eagle Forged Rods
JE Forged Pistons
ARP 2000 Rod Bolts
Machined Crankshaft
Polydyn Coated Rod Bearings
Computer Balanced Rotating Assembly
Twin Garrett Ball Bearing Turbos
Front Mounted Intercooler
Polished Stainless Steel Inlet Tubes
Custom Intercooler Hoses with T-Clamps
Stainless Steel Turbo Headers
Stainless Steel Turbo Down Pipes
External Wastegates
Corsa Stainless Steel Side Exhaust System
Ported/Polished Cylinder Heads with Stainless Steel Valves, Upgraded Valve Springs, Titanium Retainers, 3-Angle Valve Job
Hardened Pushrods
Upgraded Hydraulic Lifters
Upgraded Fuel Injectors
Upgraded Fuel Rails
Upgraded Fuel Pump & Fuel Lines
Upgraded Fuel Pressure Regulator
Clutch Upgrade
AFR, Boost, EGT Guages
Quaife Rear Differential
Custom Short Shifter
Custom Oil Evacuation Tank
VecII ECU Programming
Moton Coilover Suspension
20" x 13.5" Rear HRE 542 Polished Lip/ Brushed Center - on P 345 Pirelli
20" x 10" Front HRE 542 Polished Lip / Brushed Center - on P 275 Pirelli
Ajustable Dual Stage Boost Controller
Projected: 950RWHP on Pump Gas / 1100 on Race Gas

Old 10-16-2004, 04:00 AM
JWGT2 is infamous around these partsJWGT2 is infamous around these parts

Wow...sounds like one ferocious beast!!

Old 10-16-2004, 04:03 AM
Banned for Eternity
teutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond reputeteutonictrio has a reputation beyond repute
I can't even fathom the kind of money you spend on just your cars...awesome.

Old 10-16-2004, 04:26 AM
DJ
DJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond reputeDJ has a reputation beyond repute
ha ha that's my boy!

Old 10-16-2004, 04:40 AM
MANA is infamous around these parts
I am right behind you buddy!! Congrats!!

Old 10-16-2004, 04:46 AM
Kev
Kev is infamous around these parts
Shank, how many miles do you have on the Viper?

NoMercy, you got a Black Mamba edition. Nice! All I've seen are White Mambas. Very nice man.

By the way, does Underground Racing have a website?

Last edited by Kev; 10-16-2004 at 04:58 AM.
Old 10-16-2004, 05:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
What size turbos do they use? What amount of boost?

Old 10-16-2004, 05:51 AM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Kev
Shank, how many miles do you have on the Viper?

NoMercy, you got a Black Mamba edition. Nice! All I've seen are White Mambas. Very nice man.

By the way, does Underground Racing have a website?

http://www.undergroundracing.com/

Old 10-16-2004, 05:53 AM
Happy Now?
Rave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the roughRave TT is a jewel in the rough
Sick!! How does the car handle?

Old 10-16-2004, 05:54 AM
Hey shank, if you are interested in adding to the collection that merc you liked is for sale!

www.sundancemerc.com

Old 10-16-2004, 06:28 AM
Welcome to the OC, bitch!
trojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant futuretrojanman has a brilliant future
How does the viper compare to the turbo as far a drivability & stability?

Old 10-16-2004, 12:20 PM
SHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud ofSHANKENFELTER has much to be proud of
I have 1400 miles on the motor. They are going to tear it appart, so essentially;break in wasn't necessary.

As far as driveability - Compared to the GT2, the Viper was tighter, better handling, quicker (instant response), and just as stable at higher speeds as the GT2. I am not sure if its "faster" in the quarter, but it sure feels it. Stephen's Upsolute Stage 1 pulled on my GT2 slightly, but evident. He is neck and neck with me on the Viper.

Viper, aside from its lesser quality plastics and leather, is as fun or funner (top down) than the GT2. I love both cars but I put my GT2 back to stock. It was just an uphill battle to get the GT2 to get to where I can easily achieve with the V10 Viper.

ALso, the long hood just makes you feel like you're driving a 60's hotrod. Hey I"m not a die hard Porsche Fanatic, just a car fanatic in general. While the GT2 might have superior build quailty and fit and finish, The viper isn't that behind and damn proud that this American Car can win my whims and fancies.

Old 10-16-2004, 12:25 PM
Basic Sponsor
Wheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond reputeWheel Experts has a reputation beyond repute
jesus, sounds like another beast

http://www.wheelexperts.com
email: peter@wheelexperts.com

HRE | Forgeline | Modulare | PUR | TechArt | Brabus | Novitec | Vossen | Avant Garde | Vorsteiner | BBS | Eisenmann | Quicksilver | Brembo | KW | WALD | +many more

***DFW Showroom now OPEN at 4515 McEwen Rd in Dallas, 1 block West of the Dallas Galleria***

***WE SHIP WORLDWIDE!!!!!***
Old 10-16-2004, 12:28 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
heya shank.. if you plan on getting traction you should get a set of wheels that are 18s or so...

Old 10-16-2004, 12:35 PM
TUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant futureTUUNER has a brilliant future
Good lord.

T

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Off To Underground