996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Is there a silver crest for the airbag? (steering wheel)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-09-2009, 09:44 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Is there a silver crest for the airbag? (steering wheel)

I just put the silver crest on the hood, man was that gasket fun, and now I NEED to do the same on my steering wheel. Has anyone seen this done? Any help sourcing the part, and finding installation instructions, is much appreciated. Thanks.
Seth

Old 05-09-2009, 10:39 PM
Administrator
GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !GT3 Chuck Is a GOD !
I managed to get just the small silver crest from Booth 4 years ago...don't know if you can still get it..

Old 05-10-2009, 10:13 AM
ExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond reputeExclusiveTT has a reputation beyond repute
great thread! I have been looking for a solution myself. I didnt think that the airbag emblem is removable

Old 05-10-2009, 11:05 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
Boothe stopped selling them as a result of a potential lawsuit from Porsche. There are some wheels which actually came with the silver crest a few years back. There are times when you see them on ebay. The problem is that the emblem is connected to the airbag....so just gluing one on will give you a projectile in the event of airbag deployment.

Old 05-10-2009, 01:07 PM
turbo turbo is infamous around these parts
i have a brand new one for the airbag in silver to match the hood emblen .. first 100 can have it..

Old 05-10-2009, 10:04 PM
seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !seth_horwitz Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by turbo turbo
i have a brand new one for the airbag in silver to match the hood emblen .. first 100 can have it..
Can you PM me a picture, and any idea about the installation? I'll probably take it. $100 is a bit rich, but that's the price for scarcity, I suppose.

Old 05-11-2009, 07:59 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
Like this? Its from a 04 GT3 I believe. Sorry for the crappy iphone pic! I would not go with a "glue" on option, i can imagine being hit by a flying emblem if the bag deploys.
I searched for 2 years to find a silver OEM carbon wheel / and crest, and kept it when I sold my 993.

Attached Images  

Last edited by tvurt; 05-11-2009 at 08:03 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 08:04 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
Silver crests came on steering wheel airbag for the 2000 model Carreras. If you want it, you would have to replace the entire airbag. They're readily available, PM me for more info.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook
Old 05-11-2009, 10:23 AM
Originally Posted by tvurt
Like this? Its from a 04 GT3 I believe. Sorry for the crappy iphone pic! I would not go with a "glue" on option, i can imagine being hit by a flying emblem if the bag deploys.
I searched for 2 years to find a silver OEM carbon wheel / and crest, and kept it when I sold my 993.

That's pretty much what I'm looking for. I wouldn't mind if it had the red enamel like the hood ones have. Are you selling that airbag?

Originally Posted by suncoastric
Silver crests came on steering wheel airbag for the 2000 model Carreras. If you want it, you would have to replace the entire airbag. They're readily available, PM me for more info.

Is this the same piece as above? Thanks.

Old 05-11-2009, 11:51 AM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond reputeSuncoastParts has a reputation beyond repute
I can get that airbag. There are two versions available, the standard leatherette or the full leather. The photo listed by "TVURT" above is full leather, you can tell by the intricate stitching in the center.

Here is a pic of the leatherette version:

Another shot for reference:

For pricing or more details, PM me.

Your #1 Source for Genuine Porsche Parts and Accessories on the Web!

Visit us at http://www.SuncoastParts.com
Call us at: 877-923-1700
Email us at: Parts@SuncoastParts.com

Follow us to stay connected:
Join Our Newsletter | Facebook

Last edited by SuncoastParts; 05-11-2009 at 11:55 AM.
Old 05-11-2009, 11:59 AM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
I would sell the wheel and airbag together. PM me if you are interested.

But find out how much they are from suncoast first imo

Old 05-11-2009, 01:22 PM
Originally Posted by tvurt
I would sell the wheel and airbag together. PM me if you are interested.

But find out how much they are from suncoast first imo
I already have a full leather, with Carbon, wheel, or I'd take you up on it. I'm sure the airbag's not cheap on this car, so this is probably a non-starter. To be honest, I don't love it in just silver. The red bars make it look a bit nicer. (And I would destroy the emblem if I tried to paint the red in.)