996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

MPG k24/18g

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-11-2009, 09:15 AM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
MPG k24/18g

Are you guys getting about 180 to the tank?

Old 05-11-2009, 09:21 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
180 to 200 is about right...depending upon the stop and go, and how much emphasis you are putting on "go". Around town I'm averaging about 13....and the best I've done on the road is 23 keeping it at about 3,000 rpm and steady. Some folks have claimed 26...I just don't see how.... It's the boost and hard acceleration that eats the gas.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:24 AM
giggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to beholdgiggalo is a splendid one to behold
I also have 60lb injectors in the car and a protomotive flash. Not sure what that does to the mileage. I know the tank is small but 180/tank? My V12 Renntech CL600 ate less gas!

Old 05-11-2009, 09:31 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
My last tank was 15.6mpg at avg speed of 29 mph.
Highway I am between 22-28 depending how much I "mash the loud pedal."

Old 05-11-2009, 09:34 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
You added a few facts that all point to potential higher gas usage. The fact that it's modded alone should give you an indication of what's to come....and what do we usually do with modded cars? We drive them like modded cars because that's why we modded them. Speed + Power = gas consumption...not exactly an Einstein formula, but it's usually a universal truth. My 99 C2 was only a 3.4 L engine and was a NA car....it got from around 19 to 30. Not fast enough for me...jumped into a TT X50 and lo and behold, I got less gas mileage...then I modded it and guess what....got worse gas mileage...not so much because of the mods, but because of the foot on the pedal. Back off on the pedal (like telling an alcoholic not to sip the drink in front of him) and you'll notice a difference. Not exactly rocket science here.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:42 AM
Yeah, just surprised that a smaller engine on a car 1000 lbs lighter could be thirstier than a 5.4 liter V12 TT.

Old 05-11-2009, 09:56 AM
"...Yeah, just surprised that a smaller engine on a car 1000 lbs lighter could be thirstier than a 5.4 liter V12 TT. "

Now THAT statement does surprise me....I thought those cars were getting around 10-12 mpg. Do you drive them both with your foot in it?? Or is one a cruising car and the other a go-gettum?

Old 05-11-2009, 10:00 AM
The CL has been Sold. But i had the Renntech flash that made a stock 493/590 tq to 625/745 tq. Car was a monster only in a straight line. I got on it as much as i get on the 911. I would routinely get 13-14 MPG city and 18 on highway. That is why im so shocked at the MPG of this car.