996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

NON VERIFIED 60-130 mph (Woodtster)

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 08:47 AM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Tim,

Be careful, the specific gravity of the Sunoco is different from the C 16. You can blow your motor running the wrong fuel. I am tuned for C 16 but my car runs great on a mix of the Max Nos and pump as long as I keep it at 1.3 bars.
huh?? the fuels are within .004 specific gravity.. i think if you are running anything over 15 psi of boost you have to watch a few things including air temp, afr and the fuel your running... believe me i blew mine up a couple years ago sorry for the hijack marty..

Old 05-16-2009, 08:48 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
tests to measure POWER

This was a 2 shift run.

60-130 mph runs were orinally devised by a guy on Rennlist to compare 993 TT's from
around the world. I believe it is an OK way to compare power, but there definitely
are techniques to help improve your time (which of course does NOT NECESSARILY mean
that I made the MOST power yesterday because it was my best run).

I believe that the drag strip guys were really onto something when they introduce
TRAP SPEED as a great indicator of power! (once again, given that all other factors are the same or similar like WEIGHT, and GEARING).
Chris Green, I believe has by far the best trap speed for a K24/18g car and I believe
is truly making the most power, period!

AN EVEN BETTER indicator of power is just an extended version of the 1/4 mile trap speed, 0-186 mph (0-300 km).
At the Texas Mile I ran several with an AX-22 in my
car and a Driftbox in my car.
27 seconds flat
26.6 seconds
26.1 seconds

These are relatively soft launch, 5 shift runs where technique has almost no bearing on the result (my runs were over 2 days, and played with boost and fuel type only).

This is also fun info because the Europeans have been doing this test for years and it is fun to compare yourself to say a Mclaren F1, SLR or a modded SL65 AMG.

Best,

Old 05-16-2009, 10:46 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Maximal (leaded 114, sg is .706...that is what I have, the max nos is 731) VP is .735. I suppose the Max Nos is OK but I can tell you that a sg diff of.029 made a big difference in my car.

I won't run more than 1.3 bars unless I am running straight C 16.

Back to Marty, has Scott sen the file (I see he is looking at the thread right now)

Old 05-16-2009, 11:00 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
hats off woodster!

Old 05-16-2009, 11:03 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER
I believe that the drag strip guys were really onto something when they introduce
TRAP SPEED as a great indicator of power! (once again, given that all other factors are the same or similar like WEIGHT, and GEARING).
I agree. Trap Speed is probably the best way to determine power since it gives the car enough time to take almost full advantage of it's HP, torque, area under the curve and gearing but doesn't typically reach speeds so high that aerodynamics become a largely significant part of the equation. Well, not as much as aero plays a part in longer runs.

Old 05-16-2009, 12:10 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Nice run Mar-tay!

Old 05-18-2009, 12:37 PM
colorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond reputecolorinc has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Maximal (leaded 114, sg is .706...that is what I have, the max nos is 731) VP is .735. I suppose the Max Nos is OK but I can tell you that a sg diff of.029 made a big difference in my car.

I won't run more than 1.3 bars unless I am running straight C 16.

Back to Marty, has Scott sen the file (I see he is looking at the thread right now)
hey doc... are you mixing oil with your gas??? the last time i checked Sunoco Maximal is for dirt bikes and snowmobiles... u need to get a hold of some MaxNos its made for turbo charged/supercharged or nitros injected motors..

Old 05-18-2009, 01:10 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I went out to ATOMIC Z's top secret garage yesterday and filled up
my car to the brim with SUNOCO GT260 PLUS.
60 degrees, windy (it has been really windy lately)

Used my Racelogic Performance Box:

Best Run:
0-60 mph 3.8 seconds (this takes clutch abuse)
0-100 mph 7.2 seconds
50-70 mph 1.1 seconds

60-130 mph 6.4 seconds

This run was at a peak of 1.35 bar and when I turned up the boost
slightly higher (1.4 peak) I acutally did worse (6.9, 7.0, 71.)

This is not verifed so please do not impale me.
This was done on closed roads far from the cities, professional drivers
using hans device, 5 pt harness, fire suit and good helmet.

I have heard that it is terrifying going that fast in an automobile

those numbers are excellent. Few questions.

you did the run with a tank full of gas?
Where you running a race file or pump gas file with the race gas?
How much hp are you making at the wheels?
also, can the racelogic extrapolate a 1/4 mile trap speed from your run?

if I missed the above info somewhere, sorry. If I can ever run numbers like that I'll be happy as a clam(not sure why clams are happy though)

Old 05-18-2009, 01:39 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
hey doc... are you mixing oil with your gas??? the last time i checked Sunoco Maximal is for dirt bikes and snowmobiles... u need to get a hold of some MaxNos its made for turbo charged/supercharged or nitros injected motors..
Thats why Dr.'s car is not that fast.

Old 05-18-2009, 01:49 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by colorinc
Damnit Tim! You're giving out Houston's trade secrets... What you don't know is Sean's GT2 is actually an old school Honda CR500 with a insane motor... 2 stroke power baby!

Old 05-18-2009, 02:22 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
those numbers are excellent. Few questions.

you did the run with a tank full of gas?
Where you running a race file or pump gas file with the race gas?
How much hp are you making at the wheels?

if I missed the above info somewhere, sorry. If I can ever run numbers like that I'll be happy as a clam(not sure why clams are happy though)
Marty's car traps 134 mph all day long. And yes you can have the driftbox do 1/4 mile times.

Old 05-18-2009, 08:53 PM
Originally Posted by Powell
Damnit Tim! You're giving out Houston's trade secrets... What you don't know is Sean's GT2 is actually an old school Honda CR500 with a insane motor... 2 stroke power baby!

Old 05-18-2009, 09:56 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by AtomicZ
Marty's car traps 134 mph all day long. And yes you can have the driftbox do 1/4 mile times.

thanks. 134 is excellent.

Old 05-19-2009, 01:34 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
you did the run with a tank full of gas? Yes I filled it full as my race gas is too far from my house to not fill it full
Where you running a race file or pump gas file with the race gas? Actual tuning was done with MS103 which is 99 octane (I sent some MS103 to Proto before I had discovered MS109 )
How much hp are you making at the wheels? Who knows, dynos are a joke unless
everyone shows up to the same dyno on the same day (LIKE at TX2K8,9, etc).

I have trapped 133-134.5 mph at (3) different drag strips and on the Drift Box.
(and it will do it run after run...good intercooling!)

Old 05-19-2009, 02:07 PM
you did the run with a tank full of gas? Yes I filled it full as my race gas is too far from my house to not fill it full
Where you running a race file or pump gas file with the race gas? Actual tuning was done with MS103 which is 99 octane (I sent some MS103 to Proto before I had discovered MS109 )
How much hp are you making at the wheels? Who knows, dynos are a joke unless
everyone shows up to the same dyno on the same day (LIKE at TX2K8,9, etc).

I have trapped 133-134.5 mph at (3) different drag strips and on the Drift Box.
(and it will do it run after run...good intercooling!)

Thanks for the response. Excellent performance.
Dennis

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: NON VERIFIED 60-130 mph (Woodtster)