996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

CEL P1411 and P0410

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-16-2009, 06:51 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
CEL P1411 and P0410

I had my CEL come on about 4 hours after I replaced my MAF with P1411 and P0140 codes. I read every post here and at renntech reguarding these. In trying to track it down I noticed something strange (see pics). Can anyone tell me if/where this needs to go? Would this throw those codes? Would if cause the car to go into limp? TIA

Attached Images   
Old 05-16-2009, 07:42 AM
IAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond reputeIAPorscheDoc has a reputation beyond repute
That is one of the top ports to the front diverter valve and it will cause a secondary air injection leak code. You can see the diverter valve in your picture, it is the round black plastic item straight in from the end of the line that is disconnected. If the valves are blown, it will also throw a CEL.

Old 05-16-2009, 07:53 AM
wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !wross996TT Is a GOD !
looks like a vacuum line...to the DVs? Oops beat me to it.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:30 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
Who's been working on your car? There's no way that should have come off there. They just don't rattle loose....did you have an oil change or some work done recently?

Old 05-16-2009, 09:41 AM
fdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud offdorn has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
Who's been working on your car? There's no way that should have come off there. They just don't rattle loose....did you have an oil change or some work done recently?
I had my car inspected, MAF replaced, 997 shift installed a few days ago. I watched the entire inspection and saw them test these lines. I am guessing they never reconnected this (which is not sitting well with me).

I am assuming this is the cause of the CEL and codes P1411 and P0410(?), correct.

Old 05-16-2009, 09:43 AM
Originally Posted by IAPorscheDoc
That is one of the top ports to the front diverter valve and it will cause a secondary air injection leak code. You can see the diverter valve in your picture, it is the round black plastic item straight in from the end of the line that is disconnected. If the valves are blown, it will also throw a CEL.
Thanks IAPorscheDoc and Wross966tt.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:27 AM
Chuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond reputeChuck Jones has a reputation beyond repute
You guys just saved the man a trip to his dealership....once again the forum comes thru with the usual professional and knowledgeable support it's designed to provide...way to go Wross and Doc.

Plus rep to you both.

Old 05-16-2009, 10:39 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
yep happened to me when i gog new dvs, the car was under w then so itook it to the dealer, it was a split hose and the tec sez look some one was took off these stock dv and installed these cheap forge dv they wanted $200.00 to replace the hose because they said the forge valves were substandard and too the car outa w what a laugh . i took the car home and fixed it myself for about 30cents

Old 05-16-2009, 10:41 AM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
always proof read your post before posting, ok so i can't type or spell hopefully you get the idea of my post

Old 05-16-2009, 10:47 AM
Yeah...you really gotta' look out for those cheap billet Forge and Bailey diverter valves....those things are so inferior to the OEM plastic ones with the built in planned obsolesence. But it was nice of Porsche to put in the honk alert to warn you when the diaphram had torn. Ya' jes gotta love those dealership mechanics.

Old 05-16-2009, 01:06 PM
Originally Posted by Chuck Jones
You guys just saved the man a trip to his dealership....once again the forum comes thru with the usual professional and knowledgeable support it's designed to provide...way to go Wross and Doc.

Plus rep to you both.
Thanks again for everyone's help. I think I am back in business. I am chalking this up to an honest mistake. The guy does great work and I understand thinks happen.

peace