996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TechArt Noselift Kit Demo

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-18-2009, 03:59 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Video TechArt Noselift Kit Demo

Hey fellas, so far this kit is _just_ for the 997 but the idea/concept is one we could use for 996TT's with coil overs. Cargraphic does have a kit that does pretty much the same thing so we just need to nudge techart:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FyVEcfdGWFI

Old 05-18-2009, 04:07 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
enter and exit the driveway diagonally no need for air bags unless it's for posing.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by oak
enter and exit the driveway diagonally no need for air bags unless it's for posing.
You should try telling my wife that tho

Old 05-18-2009, 04:11 PM
coastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant futurecoastalb55 has a brilliant future
When I first saw this the other day I was curious if it would be easily adaptable to a 996.

I know a few spots in my area that something like this would come in handy when I get my 996TT.

Old 05-18-2009, 04:12 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
lol nice novelty, if you have one for the rear I can go offroading.

Old 05-18-2009, 05:41 PM
anikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to allanikzad is a name known to all
Not really a novelty. After purchasing James Wong's black GT800 with lowered front, I had to have the car raised by 10 mm in order to have it clear my drive way. I would love to have system like this. Plus I feel like it puts me on the same league as Bugatti Veyron (LOL).

Old 05-18-2009, 06:17 PM
john rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to beholdjohn rice is a splendid one to behold
Anyone who thinks this is for posers.......

I understand the sentiment... BUT if you have a GT2 like I do and you try to get in/out of my driveway without damaging your car you have the experience of a "challenging drive" after only moving so many feet.

I can't get in/out without severely angling the car gently rubbing the front splitter. That is with one front wheel WAY up in the air. I have had to do this with other modded cars for years so I am used to it but I cannot install a TechArt splitter I have sitting here unless I want it in pieces.

On the other hand, it absolutely wakes me up and gets me ready for anything I might encounter on the roads.

I'm not certain I would buy one of these setups [it seems you always have to give omething up in one direction to gain in another, right?] BUT I certainly find this interesting.

JR

Old 05-18-2009, 06:32 PM
oak
you guys are funny.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:36 PM
Coreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really niceCoreym997 is just really nice
Thats a must on cars like that.

Old 05-18-2009, 06:41 PM
oak
sharky, I must have one. mad power!

Old 05-18-2009, 06:48 PM
Small Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to allSmall Shrimp is a name known to all
Sharky

That would be SO helpful in many locations. Not just the drive way. There are places I will not go because I know the dip is just to much. Why you hating on us 996 guys

Nice BTW

Tim

Old 05-18-2009, 06:50 PM
oak
hey sharky, how about a group purchase?

Old 05-18-2009, 07:04 PM
djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !djantlive Is a GOD !
Nice kit! Can you operate it while moving? Once you clear the driveway and is heading out, can you lower it without stopping? What's the warranty and reliability on these things? I heard airmatic on MB are prone to broke down (although they are for different purpose...)

Old 05-18-2009, 08:14 PM
Originally Posted by coastalb55
When I first saw this the other day I was curious if it would be easily adaptable to a 996.

I know a few spots in my area that something like this would come in handy when I get my 996TT.
Well there's this kit which does work (similar principle):
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=197

Originally Posted by oak
lol nice novelty, if you have one for the rear I can go offroading.
959 Rothmans Paris-Dakar style baby

Originally Posted by anikzad
Not really a novelty. After purchasing James Wong's black GT800 with lowered front, I had to have the car raised by 10 mm in order to have it clear my drive way. I would love to have system like this. Plus I feel like it puts me on the same league as Bugatti Veyron (LOL).
Well at least you can clear now I'm pretty good at it in low cars but it's sure nice to have it and the same for speed bumps.

Originally Posted by john rice
I understand the sentiment... BUT if you have a GT2 like I do and you try to get in/out of my driveway without damaging your car you have the experience of a "challenging drive" after only moving so many feet.

I can't get in/out without severely angling the car gently rubbing the front splitter. That is with one front wheel WAY up in the air. I have had to do this with other modded cars for years so I am used to it but I cannot install a TechArt splitter I have sitting here unless I want it in pieces.

On the other hand, it absolutely wakes me up and gets me ready for anything I might encounter on the roads.

I'm not certain I would buy one of these setups [it seems you always have to give omething up in one direction to gain in another, right?] BUT I certainly find this interesting.

JR
Hi JR well for the 996 side there's this kit:
http://www.sharkwerks.com/products.php?pid=197

We'll be doing an install shortly so I'll have more on that for you soon...

Originally Posted by oak
sharky, I must have one. mad power!
On your car it would make at least 4hp depending on wind conditions

Originally Posted by Small Shrimp
Sharky

That would be SO helpful in many locations. Not just the drive way. There are places I will not go because I know the dip is just to much. Why you hating on us 996 guys

Nice BTW

Tim
Cheers Tim and I'll be doing it on the RS soon. The wife will drive it again and it'll help since I live in a zone with speed bumps everywhere and my driveway's not the greatest.

Originally Posted by oak
hey sharky, how about a group purchase?
Hmm TechArt and Group Buy... this stuff isn't made in the far east ya' know

Originally Posted by djantlive
Nice kit! Can you operate it while moving? Once you clear the driveway and is heading out, can you lower it without stopping? What's the warranty and reliability on these things? I heard airmatic on MB are prone to broke down (although they are for different purpose...)
Cheers and up to 40mph you can operate it. If you drive faster than that it automatically lowers itself. As far as how long it will last I honestly can't tell you because it's so new to us as well. I do know TechArt always stands behind their stuff (as do we) and they'll always warranty parts etc...

Old 05-18-2009, 08:29 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
We'd be hitting da switches like we'd be doin' 'em *****ez on hydraulics...yo

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: TechArt Noselift Kit Demo