996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Has Porsche Hiked its Parts Prices up 20% +?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-24-2009, 02:47 PM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
I think we ALL bought a Porsche on the basis that PARTS PRICES were REASONABLE, its a beach of TRUST !!

Old 05-24-2009, 02:54 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Richard, We're in pretty dire straights nationwide right now... I don't think it's a breach of trust. I think it is a sign of the current economic times... Would you prefer they shut down?

It's pretty simple... If they don't sell cars, they have to sell service and parts. If they don't sell any of the above, they shut the doors.

And I bought a Porsche because I wanted one, not a chevy or ford.

your mileage may vary!
Mike

Old 05-24-2009, 05:01 PM
ard
ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !ard Is a GOD !
F-it.

In protest, I've decided to just buy a new car every time something breaks down! No more of this 'getting screwed on parts'.... I'LL SHOW THEM!

A

Old 05-25-2009, 10:29 AM
RCH
Banned
RCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really niceRCH is just really nice
Well the reality seems that its not 20% but 40%, which is bordering on taking the **** ....

Old 05-25-2009, 10:46 AM
dre_techie is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RichardCH
I think we ALL bought a Porsche on the basis that PARTS PRICES were REASONABLE, its a beach of TRUST !!
I would say that you're a lawyer, but you would have known to write "...we ALL bought Porsches...", unless you're implying that you and "ALL" the forum members bought a single car. That one single car would go nicely with the two 1/18 Ferraris you mentioned before.

I would honestly tell you it's probably the exchange rate, which this time they will not allow to eat from their margins, which I am sure diminished since the last time the EUR/USD exchange was this high.

You could ask someone to check your part number in Germany and then we'll have a better idea.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:18 AM
RossoCorsaItaly is infamous around these parts
40% would be outrageous but 20% is understandable.

Old 05-25-2009, 11:37 AM
luva966tt is infamous around these partsluva966tt is infamous around these parts
I had a lot of luck with Sunset Porsche for parts out of Oregon.

Old 05-25-2009, 01:35 PM
RCH
Banned
well with 40% we are all f*cked; this topic will be much revisited over the next 2 years, believe me

Old 05-25-2009, 02:17 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
God I hope not...

Mike

Old 05-25-2009, 04:22 PM
bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !bbywu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Richard, We're in pretty dire straights nationwide right now... I don't think it's a breach of trust. I think it is a sign of the current economic times... Would you prefer they shut down?

It's pretty simple... If they don't sell cars, they have to sell service and parts. If they don't sell any of the above, they shut the doors.

And I bought a Porsche because I wanted one, not a chevy or ford.

your mileage may vary!
Mike
Mike...could be too late:

http://www.thelocal.de/national/20090523-19465.html

Old 05-25-2009, 05:12 PM
Thanks for proving my point!

BOOO HOOO My parts are more expensive... Uh, I say SUCK IT UP and pay the increases or prepare to drive something with much less personality...

Mike

Old 05-26-2009, 04:30 AM
RCH
Banned
Well the reality is Porsche is FAR from bankrupt, they just have a small issue with the fact that they own a majority stake in VW but can't yet get their hands on the VW EUR 9BN of cash for legal reasons

Old 05-26-2009, 06:03 AM
justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !justinmm2 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Mikelly

Ah, but this is like saying the business model of a failing widget maker should be to raise the price on widgets because the economy is doing so poorly that they need to make up for lost profitability!

Porsche's doing it because they can, essentially. At least, I assume they are - anecdotally, I have seen prices on certain parts go up singificantly lately (e.g, front lips). Things like inflation have probably cut their margins over the years, as well.

I don't mind a modest hike after years of static prices, and I don't think we're "entitled" or engaged in any sort of covenant with Porsche. But too many price hikes that are too stiff will make people shy away from their cars, no matter how many 911 posters they had on their wall as a kid..