996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

crashed at Sebring race..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 04:16 PM
EZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud ofEZ Cookin has much to be proud of
Great video and story, sorry about the quick and abrupt ending. Keep smiling and go have some more fun.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:17 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpflip
Nice video. Too bad for the accident. Your a nice guy Tom admitting your error and also helping the Ferrari driver to be back for next race is really nice of you...

+1, thanks for sharing Tom, love watching your vids!

Marty

Old 05-22-2009, 04:42 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
well, now you're ready for NASCAR.

Didn't appear to be too much damage. How was your front end?

Old 05-22-2009, 05:26 PM
BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !BoxsterGirlie01 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jpflip
Nice video. Too bad for the accident. Your a nice guy Tom admitting your error and also helping the Ferrari driver to be back for next race is really nice of you...
+1. You're a stand up guy, Tom. Thank you for sharing your experience with us.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:44 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
Ouch... Thanks for posting the video though. I heard about this and immediately asked to see to see the video knowing you have a camera. I was promptly told (by two different people) that the video would never see the light day, let alone the internet Props for posting. Nobody was hurt and the damage not too severe. Not to mention aspiring wanna be's like myself can learn a thing or two front watching vids like this. Thanks again for putting it up.

Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 PM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Rubbin is racing!

Old 05-22-2009, 05:46 PM
deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !deputydog95 Is a GOD !
If there's a silver lining in all this, you're now part of an elite group of people that can say they torpedoed a Ferrari

Old 05-22-2009, 05:51 PM
Turbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really niceTurbohead is just really nice
Ouch !
Glad you are OK Tom. Great show you know a picture is worth a thousand words..In this case your Vid is worth a million ...
Elliot

Old 05-22-2009, 05:52 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear, keep up the nice work!

Old 05-22-2009, 07:26 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by deputydog95
If there's a silver lining in all this, you're now part of an elite group of people that can say they torpedoed a Ferrari

well the only silver lining other than the gut wrenching shame of it all is that I can replace my TT uprights with Cup car ones. they are lighter because no front wheel drive and better they have better attachment points and improve the front end geometry.
also had to replace the front steering rack, also Cup car lighter, faster.

car will be race ready in two weeks I will be in therapy till then.

I appreciate all the input from the forum. Wasnt sure how posting something like this would go, but thought someone may have gotten something out of it.

Old 05-22-2009, 09:38 PM
tvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond reputetvr-4 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by tom kerr
well the only silver lining other than the gut wrenching shame of it all is that I can replace my TT uprights with Cup car ones. they are lighter because no front wheel drive and better they have better attachment points and improve the front end geometry.
also had to replace the front steering rack, also Cup car lighter, faster.

car will be race ready in two weeks I will be in therapy till then.

I appreciate all the input from the forum. Wasnt sure how posting something like this would go, but thought someone may have gotten something out of it.
Sorry to hear, but it's all a part of racing. Show me a racer that never made a mistake/crashed, and I'll show you a racer that never raced.

Therapy?

Old 05-22-2009, 10:20 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Glad that you're okay.
I actually don't think you were too aggressive at all.
It's a race overall.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:09 PM
adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !adam699 Is a GOD !
Wow, the g-forces at these speeds in turns really don't need much to break the traction. Doesn't look too bad, good thing you guys didn't pile up with anyone else.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:24 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
I know a guy who, after the checker, was torpedoed by another driver and has his car REALLY screwed up. The other driver didn't show half the class that you did and had to be shamed into accepting responsibility. This was nowhere near as clear cut and you've done the stand up thing. Of course we're supportive!

Old 05-22-2009, 11:31 PM
acf
acf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to beholdacf is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for sharing..

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: crashed at Sebring race..........