996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

crashed at Sebring race..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-23-2009, 08:04 PM
SaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really niceSaintGT2 is just really nice
Really enjoyed the vid thanks for sharing. All the best for future events.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:10 AM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I'm happy to hear that you weren't hurt Tom.

Metal is easier to fix than organs and limbs but you, of all people, know that.

Old 05-24-2009, 02:20 AM
03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold03-turbo911 is a splendid one to behold
That's racing for ya but I'm glad that it came out the way it did. You're a class act for admitting your fault and showing the vid for all to see!

Old 05-24-2009, 06:15 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
A couple of points-- trying to stick your nose in there was overly ambitous --yes. The first one was fine-- the second was never going to be a hole.
Certainly apologise- I never like the precedent of asking or paying for someone else's damage. And yes I did read explanation.
Couple of points-- did the cars ahead at start qualify quicker than you? If you qualified at normal speed then it makes the move even more ambitious. I presume you have straightline speed of significent margin over Ferrari's-- so why not do it the easy way?
From the time you entered the track-- was there a pace/safety car leading you around? I thought you were way too timid in getting heat in tyres-- you are on slicks? Not R specs?
I am not being judgemental -more interested in your view.
I hate crash damage-- no matter who is at fault--it all ruins your day/s . Bad luck and as you said,at least you can upgrade with replacement parts.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:48 AM
Griza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud ofGriza has much to be proud of
Thanks for posting, that was very stand up of you to replace the Fcar wheel. What was the Fcar divers reaction? How pissed was he and was he at least thankful you replaced his wheel? How much other damage to his/your car?

Old 05-25-2009, 02:30 PM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Nothing wrong with such move. He was way off to the left and just a bit too late onto the ideal line. It seems to me you could have made the turn should you've not hit him. It’s a typical Arton’s move; I am coming - no points for second place better watch out for me - I am quicker! It’s a racing incident and a true racing move, but maybe a little bit too pro. Not all that nice if you guys are playing for fun. Good gesture paying for the damage to rear of his car. Great video keep them coming. What’s up with your car?

Last edited by Terminator; 05-25-2009 at 02:34 PM.
Old 05-25-2009, 02:40 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
car will be back on the track in 2-3 weeks for the Homestead Race. see how that goes.
Ferrari guy was a class act and expected nothing and was not upset a true gentleman. the kind of guy you want to race with.

Red 9 not much left I can say at this point. my closing speed was fast, in the brake zone deep, cold pads car went about 5 feet past my turn in, hit the Ferrari, pretty much thats it. I will try being calmer next time?

140mph down to 50 and fifth to second gear and half a million dollars of cars around ya gives you alot to think about in a millisecond.

Old 05-26-2009, 08:35 AM
slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !slavik Is a GOD !
glad everyone is okay....and you did the right thing... cant wait for future vids, hopefully with no accidents...

Old 05-26-2009, 09:45 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Old 05-26-2009, 11:46 AM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
Hey Tom, sorry to hear about the crash. Glad that no one was hurt... and the fact you paid for a new rim for the ferrari shows the class act that you are. Better luck next time!

Old 05-27-2009, 01:26 AM
Terminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant futureTerminator has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by tom kerr
He, he, he. Look it was racing and you proved Ferraris are slower. .

Not sure why have they put your story next to the photo of Gumball race in Yugoslavia where Porsche driver smashed into a golf and killed two people then tried to flee the scene of the accident? Get that photo removed from linking it to your story!

Old 05-27-2009, 05:03 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
F'n Porsche drivers... WHO DO THEY THINK THEY ARE???

Don't sweat it Tom... You're living our collective dreams man... Keep livin' it!

Mike