996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

crashed at Sebring race..........

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-22-2009, 11:42 AM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
crashed at Sebring race..........

well wasnt a very successful outing to rep out the TT at the race track.

first lap of an hour race tried to pass two ferrari's at the same time and didnt make it.

usually when I pass in that corner on the inside the outside guy gives racing room. in this case he didnt see me and took the DE line from the turn in to the apex and closed the door on me.

In retrospect I shouldnt have tried it (duh) so not looking for any driving instructions.

posted just to show you guys the field and what I deal with.

sorry the vid starts on the grid, includes the pace car lap and then the start of the race and crash. you can go to the end if ya want.

anyway will do better next time, I am classed with the GT3's Vipers and Ferrari Challenge cars, so pretty cool field.

BTW I bought the Ferrari driver a new rear wheel in the sense of good sportsmenship as I really probably shouldnt have been so aggressive (stupid)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R0g_9-T4PZo

tom

Old 05-22-2009, 11:55 AM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Sick video!! Sorry to hear Tom, hope you fix her soon. I think the Ferrari slowed down a bit too much, the way it looked like.

Old 05-22-2009, 11:59 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Yeah, start at 5:00 is perfect.
Too bad. Looks like just a racing accident. Just a little greedy at the start of a long race my friend.
I used to race Karts, never did cars, so I have to a degree been there, done that. Hope your car is ok too.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:05 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
LOVE IT! I don't think it was that greedy. Got to check your rear before you cut into a corner like that IMO.

Old 05-22-2009, 12:22 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Sorry to hear about it Tom. Hope you're back on track soon. Was very sporting of you to buy the Ferrari a rear wheel.

Jon

Old 05-22-2009, 12:57 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Great vid Tom. That was fun to watch, I hope it won't set you back too long. I love all your vids.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:17 PM
jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !jpflip Is a GOD !
Nice video. Too bad for the accident. Your a nice guy Tom admitting your error and also helping the Ferrari driver to be back for next race is really nice of you...

Old 05-22-2009, 01:18 PM
str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !str8blst Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing the video Tom. It takes a big man to admit when he is wrong and an even bigger man to pay for his own mistakes. Glad no one was hurt. It doesn't look like you had a major incident so hopefully the repairs will not keep you off the track too long.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:22 PM
Shahanimal is infamous around these parts
Sorry for that Tom, hope your Yellow Monster is not too damage.

Old 05-22-2009, 01:59 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
It happens to just about everyone so hang in there.

Old 05-22-2009, 02:43 PM
NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !NineNineSixTT Is a GOD !
Great video Tom, thanks for sharing your experiences at the track

Old 05-22-2009, 03:13 PM
RiA
RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !RiA Is a GOD !
Sorry about the boo boo Tom - a similar event happened to me, only I was the equivalent of the other driver.

You're a big man to pay the damages - it didn't happen for me and I still have some of the scars...

Hope you're back on the track quickly...

Old 05-22-2009, 03:53 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
thanks all for your comments and support
I was too aggressive and too fast into the corner my closing speed was so high that I really had no choice but to try to pass both Ferrari's at the same time. should have tried to just get the one and get the other later.
must admit they were both good guys and we will be racing alot together so hopefully will be some better vids in the future.

Old 05-22-2009, 03:58 PM
rgagliano is infamous around these parts
Thanks for the great video. You are indeed a man of great integrity. You have my respect. I think the Ferrari driver could be the culprit; however, the good news is no major damage, other than to your wallet.

Old 05-22-2009, 04:00 PM
Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !Steve Theodore Is a GOD !
What a class move to help pay for the damage. Nicely done Tom!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: crashed at Sebring race..........