996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

What to say if Officer asks if he can search your car.

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-25-2009, 07:43 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Chad, I've been pulled over 4 times in the last 2 years and only received one ticket... I'm 42 years old now and I don't "look" the part... However, I have many memories from the past... I had an incident when I HAD A BADGE and was a LEO where a cop showed up at my house and threatened to take me to jail for reckless driving... My car was up on jack stands and I was prepping it for a track weekend... This was back when I had long hair and didn't "look" like a cop... The guy got a complaint that I was "racing around the neighborhood". Yet, I hadn't driven the car all weekend...

Look back on the posts... My kid got searched... A friend of my nephew was arrested and lost his license because of a "judgement" call...

I've had cars searched SEVERAL times in the past...I've also SEARCHED cars in the past... The point of this thread was to give advice about why you should allow someone to needlessly search your car. In turn, you look back on your posts and it appears that you just want to insult people and call them names...

Maybe where you live it is simply heaven and cops don't get it wrong. Maybe it's as clear and black and white... But in my region, it isn't so clear. Cops do good things. Cops also get it wrong. It's clear as mud more often than not.

Mike

Old 05-25-2009, 07:44 PM
9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute9Eleven has a reputation beyond repute
Old 05-25-2009, 07:46 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by raineycd
Definitely not Kansas, but not Miami Vice either. How many times have you been pulled over and your car searched, Mike? I have been pulled over 10-15 times in my life and never had a search. Only problem I had was a cop gave me a hard time about my radar detector in Indianapolis. I went to court and case dismissed...
I think we'd all be thrilled if you're going to "sell the stupid car and forget all about this so called community." Please advise us ASAP.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:51 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
I have never called anyone names. I just find it hard to believe that you all are totally innocent and never provoked the police to do a search, etc. I think your kids did what we all did when we were kids, stupid stuff that pissed off the cops. Yeah, they will come looking for you and they will find something to pin on you, but there is usually a reason they come looking. I did it myself and got arrested for it. Learned my lessons and moved on.

I have heard many news stories here in Louisville and I lived in Indianapolis during the riots, so I am well aware of the crap that goes on. I just find it hard to believe an upstanding citizen like all our turbo owners would have to worry about such a thing as what to tell the cops during a search request.

Old 05-25-2009, 07:52 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by dtmarsh
I think we'd all be thrilled if you're going to "sell the stupid car and forget all about this so called community." Please advise us ASAP.
Yeah, you want to buy it? Come and check it out!

Old 05-25-2009, 08:03 PM
dtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud ofdtmarsh has much to be proud of
I have never called anyone names. I just find it hard to believe that you all are totally innocent and never provoked the police to do a search, etc. I think your kids did what we all did when we were kids, stupid stuff that pissed off the cops. Yeah, they will come looking for you and they will find something to pin on you, but there is usually a reason they come looking. I did it myself and got arrested for it. Learned my lessons and moved on.

I have heard many news stories here in Louisville and I lived in Indianapolis during the riots, so I am well aware of the crap that goes on. I just find it hard to believe an upstanding citizen like all our turbo owners would have to worry about such a thing as what to tell the cops during a search request.
That you find it hard to believe after all the threads like this one that you've posted your same comments on allows us to conclude you're just naive or obtuse to the real experiences of others. Although I haven't found it, there must be a place on 6speed for you to contribute something useful.

Old 05-25-2009, 08:06 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
i hear obamma is going to arrest us if we don't get 36 mpg. but no search

Old 05-25-2009, 08:22 PM
Coincidentally, I was pulled over yesterday on a twisty mountain road in my Porsche. The cop said he pulled me over because I passed an official fire vehicle (a chevy tahoe) miles back on a double yellow. Ha! The story: I follow the fire tahoe for miles and he pulls over to let me pass. I do. I drive a few miles and come up behind another tahoe that says "law enforcement" on it. I follow for miles until the road forks and vehicle pulls over. I pass and immediately get the reds so I pull over. The cop says he stopped me because I passed the fire vehicle on a double yellow. (The fire truck obviously radioed ahead to orchastrate the whole event even though he pulled over for me.) I tell him the fire truck pulled over allowing me to pass safely. License, registration I hand over and I'm asked about my vanity plate not matching the registration because I just got it. Then I'm told my reg is expired which makes me crazy because it isn't. The cop was just playing with me and I had to inform him (sarcastically) that this is May, not June, therefore my reg is not expired. Then he goes back to his vehicle for a while and makes me wait. Then he comes back and gives me my paperwork/license back w/ no ticket, which I figured from the start because he didn't even see the alleged infraction.

So what's to be learned? One non-enforcement officer can jerk the chain of an officer to hassle me even after he deliberately pulled over so I could pass safely so he could cause this problem and waste time on purpose because he has anger problems.

Will Chad learn anything from this? or will he continue to say the same things on the next thread? Redundancy is useless, but time will tell. Maybe by then he will have disowned this "so-called community."

Old 05-25-2009, 08:35 PM
IDK maybe you all just have bad luck or something...

Old 05-25-2009, 09:07 PM
BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !BLKMGK Is a GOD !
IDK maybe you all just have bad luck or something...
My ex-girlfriend used to say the same thing. One day when we were driving I stopped at a stop sign, then turned right. I passed a cop who immediately pulled a 3point U and hit the lights. He claimed I hadn't stopped - in unison we both said BULL****. He then gives me grief for no front tag - I point out the tag on my dashboard. Next he gives me grief for the small air freshener on my mirror - I point out the hoopty passing us with 3 CDs dangling from his mirror. Finally he gives up and leaves us alone. My girl turns to me and says "is that how it's happened in the past?" Yup, that's exactly how it has happened. A few days later she informs me that she passed that same intersection coming home, she looked at the stop sign from about where the cop would've been and could NOT even see if there was a car stopped there due to a fence and hedge in the way. The officer had NO clear line of sight, he simply saw a "ricer" and figured fair game. Surprise, the adults in the car were mature and not going to take his crap.

until that day my girl thought I was crazy, that I always did soemthing to bring it on. We got profiled that day and it shocked her pretty good. Perhaps it's your turn....

Old 05-25-2009, 09:18 PM
Maybe you all should move to Kentucky or Indiana. I don't know a single person who has had that much trouble. Heck I know more people who were guilty and got off and not a single person that was profiled for no reason.

Actually several of us were on a drive out in BFE Kentucky recently and we got nailed by a state trooper's radar. We kept going and he did a U and pulled over the last car in line. The guy talked his way out of the ticket and we all went home.

Funny, cause the guy that got pulled over was 21 and had a friend in his car that was young as well. If anyone would have gotten a hard time of the 5 p-cars, it would have been them, but they were let go!

Old 05-25-2009, 09:35 PM
soothsayer is infamous around these parts
I used to get pulled over for absolutely no reason while going to work at an approximate rate of once per week. I would get asked questions like whether my exhaust (PSE at the time) was stock and such....no tickets ever issued. Im a professional and was dressed as such, clean cut, drove 35 in a 35. Finally, I became very upset after being pulled over in front of the office where my patients were there to witness the encounter...I let the officer know that this has been an ongoing inconvenience and that it is was becoming quite embarrassing...I asked him what else I can do to minimize my chances of being pulled over.. he said, "trade it in for a volkswagon". Those incidents caused me to sell my previous porsche and was able stay away until last fall. I never take the turbo to work.

Old 05-26-2009, 01:06 AM
SBTG is infamous around these parts
when that happens to me and my friends, its always "no sir".

Old 05-26-2009, 04:18 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Maybe I do have bad luck... Last September I was at a local Tractor Supply... As I pulled into a parking space in my Dodge Cummins Diesel truck, a County Deputy was walking to his car. I didn't have a front plate on my truck, so I assumed I'd get a ticket for no front plate, for which I did deserve. He sees a plastic tumbler sitting in the cup holder as he is asking me for my registration and license... So now he "suspects" that I have alcohal in the cup and asks me to hand him the container... Now come the questions about how much I've had to drink and if I know there is an open container law in Va... I don't drink and drive, PERIOD. I have no interest in killing someone else with such stupidity.

However...

...It was my own little personal vice... JUICY JUICE mixed with WATER and ICE, in the TROPICAL FRUIT PUNCH flavor... Heavens forbid... So he sniffs it, then has the nerve to DIP HIS FINGER IN IT to test if if has any booze...

When he was done, I poured it out on the ground. I assumed he was done fondling it so I collected my license and registration and went on my way into the store... When I came out of the store he was still there... I asked if he was done with me and he said "No, I'm not. You do realize that dumping fluid on the ground is against the law."

I didn't get a ticket that day, but the guy was clearly "looking" for something... He also had the nerve to ask if he could look in my truck... Again, I have ZERO to hide, and him searching my truck would only be an inconvenience, not to mention I don't want some stranger in my vehicle snooping around... IF there is probable cause of a crime, arrest me, ticket me or let me go...

Mike

Last edited by Mikelly; 05-26-2009 at 04:27 AM.
Old 05-26-2009, 06:06 AM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Maybe I do have bad luck... Last September I was at a local Tractor Supply... As I pulled into a parking space in my Dodge Cummins Diesel truck, a County Deputy was walking to his car. I didn't have a front plate on my truck, so I assumed I'd get a ticket for no front plate, for which I did deserve. He sees a plastic tumbler sitting in the cup holder as he is asking me for my registration and license... So now he "suspects" that I have alcohal in the cup and asks me to hand him the container... Now come the questions about how much I've had to drink and if I know there is an open container law in Va... I don't drink and drive, PERIOD. I have no interest in killing someone else with such stupidity.

However...

...It was my own little personal vice... JUICY JUICE mixed with WATER and ICE, in the TROPICAL FRUIT PUNCH flavor... Heavens forbid... So he sniffs it, then has the nerve to DIP HIS FINGER IN IT to test if if has any booze...

When he was done, I poured it out on the ground. I assumed he was done fondling it so I collected my license and registration and went on my way into the store... When I came out of the store he was still there... I asked if he was done with me and he said "No, I'm not. You do realize that dumping fluid on the ground is against the law."

I didn't get a ticket that day, but the guy was clearly "looking" for something... He also had the nerve to ask if he could look in my truck... Again, I have ZERO to hide, and him searching my truck would only be an inconvenience, not to mention I don't want some stranger in my vehicle snooping around... IF there is probable cause of a crime, arrest me, ticket me or let me go...

Mike
WOW that is wild! I could never image that happening! That and one of the previous posts about being pulled over weekly. I have some friends that are ex-Louisville cops and a neighbor that is a Louisville cop and several clients who are cops and they all seem to be very nice! Just regular type guys.

That reminds me. When I first moved out on my own to Indianapolis, I had a covered parking spot at my apartments. I happend to roll up to my spot as a Indianapolis cop lady was getting out of her patrol car parked in my assigned spot! I pulled up and rolled down my window. She said "yes" in a mean tone. I informed her she was in my assigned and paid for spot. She moved.

I also had another instance in those apartments where I think I got to close to a security guard or a cop, dont know which - was in a regular car. He walked about a block to give me crap, but I pointed to his car in the middle of the road and he shut up and left. I had my .380 pistol on me as well...

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 1 votes, 4.00 average.

Quick Reply: What to say if Officer asks if he can search your car.