996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Slave & Accumulator Changed = pedal stiffen

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:40 PM
Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !Yves Is a GOD !
I think you're fine on the parts.
The fact that you didn't add any pentosin CHF11 yet is a big red flag to me.
Somehow you've got too much air in the system. First time my accumulator went bad it also resulted in a stiff clutch.
The slave going bad on the other hand results in pentosin being pushed towards the front hysdraulic circuit of the car and a possible overflow on the drivers side of the car.

Old 05-28-2009, 09:00 AM
Ben-G has a spectacular aura aboutBen-G has a spectacular aura about
Originally Posted by Yves
I think you're fine on the parts.
The fact that you didn't add any pentosin CHF11 yet is a big red flag to me.
Somehow you've got too much air in the system. First time my accumulator went bad it also resulted in a stiff clutch.
The slave going bad on the other hand results in pentosin being pushed towards the front hysdraulic circuit of the car and a possible overflow on the drivers side of the car.
I replaced the slave and accumulator because the pentosin was being pushed to the front of car and overflowing.

I think you were refering to "SXN" not adding any pentosin. I have added pentosin and bled system twice already.

And If new parts check out it must be still air in the system???

Last edited by Ben-G; 05-28-2009 at 09:50 AM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Yup, that's it. Also, Beware, sometimes the system will bleed without issue... other times it'll do this... I put THREE cans of CHF 202 thru my system the first time I replaced the slave/accumulator...We even gravety/ manual bled the system...

Bleed it, then pump the pedal 10-15 times, then bleed it again, and then check all the levels (front and rear)... Then give it a try.

Mike

Old 05-28-2009, 11:26 AM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
Sorry about the dumb question, but can someone please chime in on how to bleed the system?

Old 06-03-2009, 09:21 PM
Originally Posted by Mikelly
Yup, that's it. Also, Beware, sometimes the system will bleed without issue... other times it'll do this... I put THREE cans of CHF 202 thru my system the first time I replaced the slave/accumulator...We even gravety/ manual bled the system...

Bleed it, then pump the pedal 10-15 times, then bleed it again, and then check all the levels (front and rear)... Then give it a try.

Mike
3rd time is the charm! Bled it like you said and problem went away... so far been OK for 1 day.

Old 06-06-2009, 12:46 PM
SXN
SXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to beholdSXN is a splendid one to behold
You should have had to replace the fluid in the old accumulator, and you absolutely should bleed it...

Mike
Thanks Mike,

Can you give me directions on how to bleed it?

Old 06-06-2009, 03:48 PM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
Mike is in Florida at the moment.

Old 06-06-2009, 04:22 PM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
Just got back late last night, actually...

Get a motiv bleeder, an 11mm or 7/16 wrench, and a catch bottle with hose...

It's pretty simple...

Connect the catch bottle to the bleed screw on the slave cylinder... Open up the bonnet and remove the panel that covers the . It's held in with one torx (I think it's a T20) screw.

First give the pedal about 25 pumps...

Next, fill the reservoir to the tip top with Pentosin CHF11 or 202 and screw on the motiv bleeder... Pump it up to 10 PSI. Get a second person to watch the fluid level while you bleed... Crack the bleed screw and count to 15 (or us your second hand on your watch) and then tighten it.

If it gets below the "LOW" marker, refill the reservoir to the top again. Rebleed... I do this about 3-4 times to make sure I've gotten everything out of the system... THEN, I fill the reservoir and put the cap on it. I pump the pedal 15 times, re-bleed it once more, and then clean up, top off the reservoir, rinse the gasket on the inside of the cap for the motiv in lots of water (remove the gasket from the cap) and then dump the old pentosin and flush it with water... Remember, Pentosin isn't friendly to any rubber or plastic not approved for CHF11or 202. Water and lots of it, is your friend...

Now, start the car up and let it idle for 25 seconds... Cut it off... Check the REAR reservoir for the power steering fill. top off to the cold full mark. DO NOT, DO NOT overfill it... If you do, drain some out using a clean rag to soak it up, or a mightyVac pump to pull some out... DON'T leave it in there... To much fluid will damage the slave cylinder.

Now check the clutch reservoir one last time. Replace the cap, the cover, and snug down the Torx bolt that holds it down.

Clean up your tools and go drive it...

Thank me later.

Mike

Old 06-07-2009, 11:17 AM
SXN
Just got back late last night, actually...

Get a motiv bleeder, an 11mm or 7/16 wrench, and a catch bottle with hose...

It's pretty simple...

Connect the catch bottle to the bleed screw on the slave cylinder... Open up the bonnet and remove the panel that covers the . It's held in with one torx (I think it's a T20) screw.

First give the pedal about 25 pumps...

Next, fill the reservoir to the tip top with Pentosin CHF11 or 202 and screw on the motiv bleeder... Pump it up to 10 PSI. Get a second person to watch the fluid level while you bleed... Crack the bleed screw and count to 15 (or us your second hand on your watch) and then tighten it.

If it gets below the "LOW" marker, refill the reservoir to the top again. Rebleed... I do this about 3-4 times to make sure I've gotten everything out of the system... THEN, I fill the reservoir and put the cap on it. I pump the pedal 15 times, re-bleed it once more, and then clean up, top off the reservoir, rinse the gasket on the inside of the cap for the motiv in lots of water (remove the gasket from the cap) and then dump the old pentosin and flush it with water... Remember, Pentosin isn't friendly to any rubber or plastic not approved for CHF11or 202. Water and lots of it, is your friend...

Now, start the car up and let it idle for 25 seconds... Cut it off... Check the REAR reservoir for the power steering fill. top off to the cold full mark. DO NOT, DO NOT overfill it... If you do, drain some out using a clean rag to soak it up, or a mightyVac pump to pull some out... DON'T leave it in there... To much fluid will damage the slave cylinder.

Now check the clutch reservoir one last time. Replace the cap, the cover, and snug down the Torx bolt that holds it down.

Clean up your tools and go drive it...

Thank me later.

Mike
You're awesome!! Thanks for helping me. I gave you rep points

Old 06-07-2009, 12:41 PM
SXN
Motiv European 0100.. Is this the right bleeder?
Is there anything I can use instead because I don't want to wait a couple weeks to drive my car.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:29 PM
This is what I use:

http://www.pelicanparts.com/cgi-bin/...0Porsche%20All

I have no idea how long it would take to get in your location, but it's a handy tool to have for brakes anyway, so I'd get one rushed to you!

Mike

Old 05-31-2010, 03:11 PM
Update: Just wanted to let you guys know the problem never really went away. Finally got fed up brought it to Porsche for parts warranty! It turns out it was a faulty pressure accumulator.

Parts and labor covered

Thanks for the help again guys...

Old 05-31-2010, 03:43 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Ben-G
Update: Just wanted to let you guys know the problem never really went away. Finally got fed up brought it to Porsche for parts warranty! It turns out it was a faulty pressure accumulator.

Parts and labor covered

Thanks for the help again guys...
Thanks for update Ben! Too many never return to thread and say what really happened...