996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EPL Flash - Who has done this?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 08:59 PM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
Cable's here. Pretty sparkley wire!
Hoping to flash tomorrow once I figure out the next steps of driver loading and access to the flash. It's ok as I've been a little too busy to drive the TT, they recently tarred and stoned my road, and I've only installed the FPR so far. Again, that sucked as my hands are just too big. I'll be driving this weekend I know it and hope to be testing the limits of my stock clutch.

Last edited by jjbravo; 05-27-2009 at 09:04 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 AM
Jersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to beholdJersey Shore is a splendid one to behold
I don't know how far you are from Tony but the trip is surely worth it as he then has time to fine tune the flash to your car. I came in from the Jersey shore and I am glad I did. Tony was great to watch and it all to less than 2 hours including installing new dv's. Worth the trip if you can do it. Good luck you will like the end result.
JS

Old 05-28-2009, 11:30 AM
jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !jjbravo Is a GOD !
It's not too far... maybe 8-9 hours roundtrip. Sometime this summer I'm going to venture that way. Maybe I'll visit my uncle. His son (my cousin) is marrying an actress named Alyssa Milano and should be back east to visit. So I may see two celebrites (Tony and her) in one trip.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:03 PM
Well, I'm Flashed !!!!

It's very interesting.
First you need software to decompress the .rar files.
Then you'll get the EPL loader files. Decompress them and install,
Then you'll need a license file;
Then you'll need the drivers files, decompress and install once the cable is attached;
Then you'll need the flash file. No need to expand that file;
Plug your car into the laptop, turn the key to the accessory positon, make sure you're connected to the net, turn on the EPL loader, hit the start button, apply the custom flash file that's been sent you and wait. It takes a few minutes, and you have a failure warning on the dash, but in the end, it checks itself and gave me a sucessfully loaded script!
Tony was a good sport nursing me though this and patient and prompt. He's definately one of the 'good ones".
I'm glad the software end of this is done as it is the stressful portion of the install for a oldie like me. The rest is bolts and skinned knuckles. That I can handle.
Thanks again Tony. Ride report to follow.

Last edited by jjbravo; 05-28-2009 at 02:06 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 05:44 PM
raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !raineycd Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by jjbravo
Well, I'm Flashed !!!!

It's very interesting.
First you need software to decompress the .rar files.
Then you'll get the EPL loader files. Decompress them and install,
Then you'll need a license file;
Then you'll need the drivers files, decompress and install once the cable is attached;
Then you'll need the flash file. No need to expand that file;
Plug your car into the laptop, turn the key to the accessory positon, make sure you're connected to the net, turn on the EPL loader, hit the start button, apply the custom flash file that's been sent you and wait. It takes a few minutes, and you have a failure warning on the dash, but in the end, it checks itself and gave me a sucessfully loaded script!
Tony was a good sport nursing me though this and patient and prompt. He's definately one of the 'good ones".
I'm glad the software end of this is done as it is the stressful portion of the install for a oldie like me. The rest is bolts and skinned knuckles. That I can handle.
Thanks again Tony. Ride report to follow.
Sweet, cant wait for your report! Mine is supposed to be flashed tomorrow! Fingers crossed!