996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Car launching for drag racing?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-26-2009, 03:06 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Car launching for drag racing?

What to see what everyone else is doing.
I know not may of you guys take the car to the strip to see what they do but i do and want to see how everyone else launches there car.
I have a Carbon clutch set up so i dump it at 4000 and pedal it into second and then mash it.
What are you doing?

Old 05-26-2009, 03:24 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Cool man good luck. Can't help you, but please post your latest results when you can.

Old 05-26-2009, 05:09 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
What sort of 60' are you getting with your method, and why only 4,000rpm ?

Old 05-26-2009, 05:46 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by onelove
What sort of 60' are you getting with your method, and why only 4,000rpm ?
Try to hold it between 3k and 4k and slide it out as fast as you can...

How do you guys launch these things???

Old 05-26-2009, 06:16 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
your launch RPM should be commensurate with how much money you have. If you barely have enough to drive and maintain the car, then launch at idle. If you have enough money to own an Enzo as well, drop it at 6k rpms and see what happens.

I will tell you this much, if you don't spin the tires, you might just be leaving parts at the gate.

Old 05-26-2009, 06:43 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Prche951
your launch RPM should be commensurate with how much money you have. If you barely have enough to drive and maintain the car, then launch at idle. If you have enough money to own an Enzo as well, drop it at 6k rpms and see what happens.

I will tell you this much, if you don't spin the tires, you might just be leaving parts at the gate.

ZAKLY!!!!

Old 05-26-2009, 07:51 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Try to hold it between 3k and 4k and slide it out as fast as you can...

How do you guys launch these things???
Believe it or not our best 60' has been with a 6300rpm launch and a ton of slipping the clutch in the camo car (1.61 on PS2s). Normally 4400rpm has been a bit of a sweet spot on 19 PS2s in the yellow car Finally putting some real tires on the camo car now that she has some extra power and RWD only so a whole new learning curve. These cars definitely prefer higher RPMs, but be sure to have a nice clutch to take the abuse.

Last edited by onelove; 05-26-2009 at 07:55 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 07:29 AM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Hey Wes thanks for the insight. I am only launching it at 4k because that's where the 2 step is set for. but it leaves great on the street no wheel spring no having to hold the rpm just slip the clutch and pull the gears. I hope it works as well on the track so i can show some of the nitrous big blocks what a little TT car can do

Old 05-27-2009, 08:18 AM
Originally Posted by PALETTE
Hey Wes thanks for the insight. I am only launching it at 4k because that's where the 2 step is set for. but it leaves great on the street no wheel spring no having to hold the rpm just slip the clutch and pull the gears. I hope it works as well on the track so i can show some of the nitrous big blocks what a little TT car can do

Let us know how you make out. I have always had the 2 step and had it set at 4k too, but was afraid to use it with stock axles and such.

Old 05-27-2009, 10:51 AM
justinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to beholdjustinn is a splendid one to behold
This was a 4200 rpm launch(slipping the clutch slightly) on 20 inch wheels with T1R's in RWD. As you can see, there was tons of wheel spin(and hop). So much that I actually had to get out of it and get back into it in first gear. I think that 3800 should be the sweet spot on my particular car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PJQYIRPX4

It was a horrible 2.1 60ft

Justin

Old 05-27-2009, 11:24 AM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I just had a 4500rpm launch control added to my ECU (along with a GT700) from EVOMS. I have not had a chance to try it yet with a launch. I have been battling a boost leak. I will post impressions after I get it sorted...

Old 05-27-2009, 11:58 AM
Former Vendor
Justin time for a Tilton

We're going to play around with lower RPMs and Anti-lag for launching in a month or so once the car gets back from Puerto Rico. On a drag radial and RWD only should allow for much better 60's than we've had the past few sessions.

Old 05-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Wes are you running stock Axels?
How are you finding the launch with the RWD conversion?
I have contemplated it but not convienced yet

Old 05-27-2009, 06:42 PM
I have also considered going RWD for the season and going back to AWD for the winter. Tough decision, so doing nothing. I believe Titan has since upgraded axles???

Old 05-27-2009, 07:28 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Justinn, thanks for posting such a clean video. Great run. Where was that?

Originally Posted by justinn
This was a 4200 rpm launch(slipping the clutch slightly) on 20 inch wheels with T1R's in RWD. As you can see, there was tons of wheel spin(and hop). So much that I actually had to get out of it and get back into it in first gear. I think that 3800 should be the sweet spot on my particular car.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e4PJQYIRPX4

It was a horrible 2.1 60ft

Justin

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Car launching for drag racing?