996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Best place to purchase 0W-40 motor oil?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-27-2009, 02:59 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Best place to purchase 0W-40 motor oil?

Sup all, spent a little time reading some previous threads about different motor oil options and there seem to be quite a few that people are satisfied with. I think I am going to play it safe and stick with Mobile 1 0W-40 though. Do you guys know what retail outlets (national of course) stock this at reasonable prices? Better yet, where the best/cheapest place it can be got from via the net? Thanks a lot.

Justin

Old 05-27-2009, 03:22 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
I just go to advance or pep boys (or whatever local chain). This weight is everywhere. From time to time there are oil specials...last summer it was buy 5 quarts for 25$ and get a free filter. None of the filters are 996...but if you have another car in the fleet...I did. And I got the oil in quantity....shelf life is supposed to be 5 years.

I respect the desire of the PO to NOT discuss oil viscosity. Nor brand politics. Factory rec is 0w-40 Mobil 1 amongst others.

Nuff said.

Jeff

Old 05-27-2009, 05:51 PM
kwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud ofkwei has much to be proud of
Thanks for the feedback Jeff, sounds like its as simple as calling the local chains and seeing what is available and on special. Works for me.

Justin

Old 05-27-2009, 06:19 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
you can get mobil 1 0w/40 @ walmart.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:43 PM
jcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond reputejcb-memphis has a reputation beyond repute
Not my walmart...sometimes..they seem to like 0-20 (honda) and 5-30 here...no 0-40. Believe me, I checked two of them each a few times over the years....

In TN, they had it at Walmart. It is always at the auto chains IMHO and on special, their pricing actually beats Walmart....or at least is pennies different at most. I've never seen the BIG jugs of 0w-40, only of 5w-30 and such, the normal weights.

Jeff

Last edited by jcb-memphis; 05-27-2009 at 06:54 PM.
Old 05-27-2009, 06:49 PM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by speedoflight
you can get mobil 1 0w/40 @ walmart.
+1, but they don't always stock it. When it's there, I buy it.

Old 05-27-2009, 06:59 PM
SLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to beholdSLATETT is a splendid one to behold
I bought it off of amazon.com

Old 05-27-2009, 07:25 PM
speedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud ofspeedoflight has much to be proud of
my local walmart always seems to have them in stock and so is the local kragen. wished they have them in big jugs like the other weights but they don't. so i buy two 6-packs at a time. they're a few pennies cheaper than kragen.

Old 05-27-2009, 08:23 PM
DHI
DHI is a jewel in the roughDHI is a jewel in the roughDHI is a jewel in the rough
Autozone. Upstate NY. $7/quart

Last edited by DHI; 05-28-2009 at 05:00 AM.
Old 05-27-2009, 10:24 PM
iorih is infamous around these parts
how much do you guys pay for each quarts?

Old 05-28-2009, 12:16 AM
Guess I'm going to Walmart tomorrow...I think I know where it is.

Old 05-28-2009, 07:59 AM
SWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud ofSWATDoc has much to be proud of
East Central Florida Walmart $6.27/qt.

Old 05-28-2009, 08:10 AM
PCarTT is infamous around these parts
There's a coupon $10 off $30.

Pep Boys $10 Off $30 Retail Purchase Coupon, Expires 6/6/2009
See lower right corner of this page:
http://localstores.pepboys.com/SE...agodHm7P3A

Old 05-28-2009, 08:44 AM
r34dy2walk is infamous around these parts
usually $6.50 around the city area of NYC.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:54 AM
Originally Posted by PCarTT
There's a coupon $10 off $30.

Pep Boys $10 Off $30 Retail Purchase Coupon, Expires 6/6/2009
See lower right corner of this page:
http://localstores.pepboys.com/SE...agodHm7P3A
Dang, no Pep Boys in Oregon: (

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Best place to purchase 0W-40 motor oil?