996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

My Dyno Sheet

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 AM
Seal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to beholdSeal Grey Matte is a splendid one to behold
Anyone else notice the AFR at 21 through peak torque?!?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:18 AM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Yea, it all looks very strange to me. The dyno is very weird.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:25 AM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Seal Grey Matte
Anyone else notice the AFR at 21 through peak torque?!?
lol...lean is fast

Old 05-28-2009, 11:39 AM
Banned
Robin@TitanMS is infamous around these parts
The AFR sniffer obviously wasn't hooked up. If he was really at 21:1 this thread would have a vastly different title

Old 05-28-2009, 12:36 PM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
current list of mods:

-GT2 intercoolers
-5 bar FPR
-Diverter valves
-ECU tune
-K24/K26 Turbo's
-Stronger clutch with LWFW
-GT2 Fuel Pump
-BMC airfilter
-Turbo intake Plenum.
-100 CEL exhaust system with Headers

Max Boost Pressure am seeing is 1.2 bar.

the DV's are not the stock ones but i'm hearing some continous whistling noise from them when the car is driven normally without boosting, they have been installed 3 years now, do they need to be pulled out and lubricated. And i've recently did a boost leak test and the car checked out fine, i've fideld around with the wastegates but the boost is still 1.2 bar. only once have i seen 1.4, maybe because its due to the weather.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:38 PM
jalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura aboutjalmood has a spectacular aura about
either there is something wrong with the Dyno or my car, but the car is running normally nothing abnormal, i will try another dyno shop.

Old 05-28-2009, 12:40 PM
As far as i know the AFR was hooked up.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:06 PM
Banned
Shotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud ofShotcaller has much to be proud of
Originally Posted by jalmood
current list of mods:

-GT2 intercoolers
-5 bar FPR
-Diverter valves
-ECU tune
-K24/K26 Turbo's
-Stronger clutch with LWFW
-GT2 Fuel Pump
-BMC airfilter
-Turbo intake Plenum.
-100 CEL exhaust system with Headers

Max Boost Pressure am seeing is 1.2 bar.

the DV's are not the stock ones but i'm hearing some continous whistling noise from them when the car is driven normally without boosting, they have been installed 3 years now, do they need to be pulled out and lubricated. And i've recently did a boost leak test and the car checked out fine, i've fideld around with the wastegates but the boost is still 1.2 bar. only once have i seen 1.4, maybe because its due to the weather.
Isn't that kit rated 575hp?

Old 05-28-2009, 01:07 PM
DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !DEEPBLUE Is a GOD !
This is about the strangest dyno sheet I have ever seen, looks like it was smudged from a jacked up printer.

Your setup is similar to mine, outside my injectors and 4.0 fpr, you're going to need more fueling, that is your weak link for starters.

Your hp looks consistent, but a bit low for what you have, this could be fuel and ambient air temp. As for tq, 672 nm is 495 ft/lbs torque, also a little low, my boost comes in hard around 4200 rpm like yours, but my hp and tq continues fairly strong through redline, your tq starts to drop considerably from 4200ish rpm, again this could be fueling and temp.24/26's are very very capable. You should not be seeing anything over 1.3 bar with your setup, what tune do you have?

Couple things I would try...
Check out the diverters, boost hoses etc... whistling sound could be anything, interesting.

Definitely use the AFR, these numbers are very important.

This will sound wierd, but how much fuel in the tank? The 996tt does some strange things when the fuel is less than 1/4 tank, fill it up and run again if it was low. I cant explain it as it was explained to me, but I can lead you in the right direction for an explanation.

If/when you dyno again, see if you can isolate the whistling sound, I have seen some stethoscopes with a modified listening end to help isolate the sound.

I also see you're in Dubai, I've bee there a few times, beautiful place. May in Dubai isnt exactly a spring day, you definitely need some industrial cooling over the IC's and radiators.

Good luck and let us know what you find.

Old 05-28-2009, 01:36 PM
Thanks D33PBLU3 i will continue to look into the reason why i got these results.the car had a full tank when i tested.

Old 05-28-2009, 02:47 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
Mustang AWD dyno we factor 25% drivetrain loss. 18% is not accurate at all. If you own one, you would know from doing numerous cars. Many tuners give you a kit HP rate on race gas not pump. I know that on my 996TT with our 650 kit, we were doing about 520awhp at 1.3/1.4bar. I know the guys at NFS Auto really well I can see if I can help. Find out what parasitic multiplier was used on the dyno setting. Also find out if the RPM was calibrated right and the weight as well as the HP @ 50 was inputed correctly.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:22 PM
Thanks Dan, would like to hear more about it once you get a feedback from NFS.

Old 05-28-2009, 03:26 PM
Former Vendor
vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !vividracing Is a GOD !
no prob. here is my dyno sheet from my 996TT back then

Old 05-28-2009, 03:49 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
That dyno seems funky and the A/F is slightly suspicious. Do you have a way to log A/F on the road? How about a Performance Box?

Old 05-28-2009, 03:53 PM
Former Vendor
if the AF was not plugged in to the tail pipe, but the dyno operator left it to plot, then it shows, but not the actual reading.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: My Dyno Sheet