996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit GT900+ Torque Monster

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 05-28-2009, 09:59 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
Very impressive!!! Once you get "used" to it, grab the performance box and get on the list!!!
I AM on the list ...have been since 2006. I actually did much to help the Pbox/Dbox become mainstream around here. I set up a 6speed group buy with VboxUSA a while back. Trust me, I have always been a prolific supplier of my data....on those rare occasions I have had a running car
I shared data from some 50+ drag runs and much more GPS based data. I dont need much prodding to get the data out there. The car isnt leaving AZ without some prelim 60-130 numbers and they will get posted, good or bad. Trap speed will take a bit longer since a 1/4 mile run in the AZ Summer heat is useless. I will wait til I get home to MI or maybe sooner if we do a EVOMS group track day somewhere with a nice track.

As for the turbos, they are the new Tial alpha series. They are 30/76s...well, sort of. They do have a custom high flow, high efficiency billet wheel on the compressor side...

Old 05-28-2009, 10:03 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SealTTX50
Are those stock heads with aftermarket cams or GT3 heads with GT3 cams. Obviously one path is significantly more expensive than the other....Please do share :-)
Actually, both paths are expensive. These are custom turbo heads with larger Ferrea int/exh valves, 9K springs and retainers, custom exh cams, stock intake cams....

Old 05-28-2009, 10:05 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
The more stories the better please

Congrats bro,

Ben
Oh, we are going to have stories next week....

Old 05-28-2009, 10:15 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Acropora
Yeow, that is pretty decent! Not sure why not additionally tune for C16 and have a backup file to run that. Maybe it's not possible to do that? I'm able to get C16 for $585 a barrel if that's any incentive.
Brad, I actually have two files to an ECU. I will most likely get a backup ECU since I would like 4 files. The pump gas ECU will be the 630+AWHP file, although we will work on improving this file next week, and a more linear 1 bar file for the roadcourse. The 2nd ECU will be the sledghammer file with slightly different boost and redlines.
As far as the C16 goes, we all know there is a long history with this car. Todd did not build it and as such doesnt want to push a lump he does not have firsthand knowledge about. Hard to fault the logic. If it grenades in his facility he is going to get some egg on his face. That would not be his fault and it would not be fair if it happend to lay it at his doorstep. That is why it hasnt run over 7500, had aggressive timing, or C16. We are going to raise the redline a bit when I am there towards the end of the week, but MS109 is all this car is getting..... at least until the winter

We definately need to get together. Me , you and Tim(colorinc) would be great fun at Mid Mich or Gingerman.

Last edited by KPG; 05-28-2009 at 10:37 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 10:21 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Great to see such a terrific result and moving along so fast now.
Can you give us a rundown of the internal and external spec as it now stands?

Old 05-28-2009, 10:23 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Red 9
absolutely, but I need to gather up some info....it has been a few years and the mind gets a bit hazy

Old 05-28-2009, 10:28 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Prche951
incredible power band. The way that Hp curve was rising I suspect that if you raise the redline to 8000-8200 you might just hit 800 without doing anything else.
I highly doubt 8200 is going to happen but we are going to improve on these numbers next week with a higher redline. How high is an open question. I am going to stay at EVO for the day with the car on the dyno. Todd said he would show me how this is done and how certain changes affect the performance of the car both on and off the dyno...

Old 05-28-2009, 10:32 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by joetwint
Congrats Kevin!Really nice numbers.I knew you would like dealing with the guys at Evoms.......they really are a good bunch of guys to work with!
Yes they are.... If we could have convinced Tom to go there sooner we would be stylin' right now, all of us

Old 05-28-2009, 10:35 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Awesome, Kevin! Those are some serious numbers, bro! I'm truly excited for you!
Scott, Chad and Mario....thanks very much. We are not quite done yet, but we are very close...

Old 05-28-2009, 10:40 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by TiALSport
mmmmm power

looks like my power guess was dead on
It's almost like you knew what you were talking about. So far these turbos seem to be the real deal, probably the only good thing coming out of MI these days. I have to go up to Lansing to the Sec State next month to get my plate for my truck, I will stop by Owosso and you can see your handiwork up close....

Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by jcb-memphis
That chart is amazing. And, knowing you have a lot more space up top. Just amazing.

Enjoy and be safe.

That is one fast machine. The thing's really a mixture of much of the best in the world.

What does it feel like on the street if you have driven it at all yet?

Jeff
Jeff, there is definately much more in it. The turbos are far from dying at 7500 thats for sure. I will not be down there til next week ,but Todd did drive it home tonight and said it is very docile off boost. He said his wife could drive it. That means Joe and Tom could probably drive it as well He said psrt throttle response was excellent and it hits very hard, but did not push it real hard yet.

Old 05-28-2009, 10:46 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
Congrats again on that monster. Enjoy!!

Old 05-28-2009, 11:03 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by Red 9
Red, it was in their shop about 16 days I think start to finish. Timeline was just fine in my mind!

Fuel system: EVOMS Frankenfuel in tank twin pump setup with dual 044 units, Bosch relay. Upgraded fuel line, stock return line, EVOMS rails. 83lb injectors. Stock FPR

Turbo/Exhaust: Tial Hybrid GT3076R Alpha with custom billet compressor wheel,watercooled, Switzer exhaust with full cats and 02s, EVOMS race style flat collector headers with 47.5mm primaries

Tuning: EVOMSit

Intake: RSS 75MM plenum, 75MM TB, EVOMS side plenum, ported and port matched intake runners/injectors blocks, Stock Y pipe, EVOMS custom MAF housing, Hitachi MAF, Sportec twin snorkel CF airbox, BMC filter, Forge DV, EVOMS boost hoses

Heads: Custom heavy port on turbo heads, larger Ferrea intake/exhaust valves, 9K springs/retainers. Flow numbers on avg 33% better than stock.

Cams: custom exhaust grind, intake stock

Engine: Ceramic coated piston crowns, moly coated piston skirts,moly coated wristpins, flycut crowns, Arrow rods,ARP studs, EVOMS MLS head gasket, GT3RS crank,crossdrilled, shufflepinned case, boattailed mains, extra oil galleries drilled for crank center mains, Porsche motorsports bearings, GT3 oil pump, all rotating parts from the crank pulley to the pressure plate and everything in between balanced within less than a gram.

Trans/clutch: 8 Puck Clutchmasters disc, upgraded Sachs pressure plate, LWFW, associated rattles and whines, stock turbo hydraulics,stock trans

Misc: EVOMS 300M axles, B6 IC's, 6 Piston GT3 350MM brakes, Zeitronix-Boost; EGT;AFR;Pyrometer, 997 shifter, GT3RS solid motor mounts,optima 925, GT3 seats, Teq bar, bone stock exterior.....Still AWD

That about covers it...I think. If you want to see a picture of any particular internal or external part before it was installed , let me know

Last edited by KPG; 05-28-2009 at 11:07 PM.
Old 05-28-2009, 11:10 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by RCNJ
Congrats! ...let err rip
Thanks Raudel, glad to see you are up and running as well....

Marty, Grattan sounds good to me. I still owe you a steak dinner

Old 05-28-2009, 11:32 PM
AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !AtomicZ Is a GOD !
Congrats!!

A long road finally coming to end. Should be a handful and a lot of fun to drive.

Did I hear something about a track rentel?? Always a good idea

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit GT900+ Torque Monster