996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

TT Speakers

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 04:21 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
TT Speakers

I have an 01 TT with the DSP package and it sounds pretty bad. I would like to update just the speakers, I don't want to mess around with the dash etc. I'd also like to just replace the factory speakers, no add any additional stuff. I'd like to system to sound better but retain the stock look.

I know a lot of you have updated your sound system. Any feedback on speakers would be great!!

Thank you in advance.

Roy

Old 10-22-2004, 06:24 AM
andreas is infamous around these parts
Can you say Reus???

Andreas

They did exactly what you want to my '01 TT.

Old 10-22-2004, 06:58 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
Reus is awesome, but it sounds like this guy doesn't want to fork out a lot of cash. Honestly though, if you want the system to sound better, you need to change the head unit or at least get more power. I think that will make more of difference than just changing the speakers.

Old 10-22-2004, 07:36 AM
Tpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to allTpup is a name known to all
I don't care about the cash, I just want the car to look stock and I'm not very trusting of the local installers

What did you do to your car?

Thanks

Roy

Old 10-22-2004, 07:44 AM
luting_chen is infamous around these parts
I have their complete system on my car ^_^
Reus is da best

Old 10-22-2004, 08:32 AM
andreas is infamous around these parts
Me Too!! Subwoofer up front in the spare tire vented into the car, two subs in a custom box in the rear, 3 amps, all new speakers in stock locations, two tweaters in the back of the rear view mirror firing toward the front windshield. Can not tell anything was done to the car until you turn on the stock head unit. (in my case it is the head unit with the nav system) that I retained as I wanted everything to look totaly stock. and it does.

Sound is fist class highest quality.

They flew their installer Scott out after drop shipping all the parts to me and did the install in a day at my home. Really convinient. Also integrated my cell phone kit to mute the audio when a phone call comes in and made and installed my custom techart carbon fiber phone mount. They even hardwired my V1 for me.

Great Great Service and worth every penny.

andreas

Old 10-22-2004, 08:40 AM
Mr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond reputeMr Kram has a reputation beyond repute
If that's the case, go with Reus. They are the best. I bought my car with the stereo already done. I have an Alpine MP3 player with 2 Diamond Audio amps (600x4 and 600x1). DA seperates in the dash and rear panels (none in the front door) and 2 DA 10" subs in a custom enclosure in the back deck.