996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone take a toddler for a ride in a GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-06-2009, 02:08 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
My son is going to be 2 in 3 weeks, and I am thinking it is about time for him to start "maning up" The boy ****s his pants anyways, I might as well give him a reason, right?

If his mother gets her way, he will grow up to be a full Nancy, so it is time for some "dad-ucation."

In my day, you just sat on your dads lap and held his beer and lit cigarette for him while he steered, but I am aware that things are no longer done this way.

So my question is, is it possible to put a child seat in a GT2, or is it strictly verbotten?
In my day, you sat in your dads lap and steered while he lit his cigarette and drank his beer. The 70's were a helluva time huh?

Old 06-07-2009, 12:42 AM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
. . . And when I say they grow up fast, here's what I mean:

My sons then:

My sons now:

And I remember when I took the first photo like it was yesterday.

Old 06-07-2009, 05:29 AM
thankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of lightthankful is a glorious beacon of light
Wow - congratulations on those boys. You have to be proud.

I have a 5 year old Daughter - she rides in the car everyday to work - and she screams - go faster Daddy - go faster!!

I have a 9 month old Son - need to get a car seat for him for the back...

Cool pics - thanks for sharing.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:01 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by SuncoastRyan
If you order the front seat kit, we sell it with an airbag deactivation kit found here.

Someone told me you cannot put a child seat in the back of your GT2, so I would not try it.

I believe your dealer will have to install the deactivation kit.
This is the only way to do it.
With this dealer installed kit, the airbag deactivates ONLY with
the Porsche made and designed, Child seat in place. Take the child seat
back out, Throw Pauly in the passenger seat and you can scare
the Crap out of him with full airbag protection for his dentures

Old 06-07-2009, 08:06 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Marty,

I am afraid of the damage those ginourmous teeth would do to my windshield w/ the Walnuts 245 lbs behind them. Can you say WMD?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:12 AM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
WMD = Weapon mass destruction ,yes?

Old 06-07-2009, 08:54 AM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PAULIEWALNUTS
WMD = Weapon [of] mass destruction ,yes?
fixed

Correct....your teeth are the sort of thing we were looking for, but never found in Iraq.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:01 AM

Old 06-07-2009, 09:35 AM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
Hey Gabriel-
Duo-Ortho Techs for one of them I see. I was a keeper in college, etc and my son is an odp keeper. They do grow up fast guys. Enjoy it while you can. Today is a memory 20 years from now. Make it happen.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:47 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by thankful
Wow - congratulations on those boys. You have to be proud.

I have a 5 year old Daughter - she rides in the car everyday to work - and she screams - go faster Daddy - go faster!!

I have a 9 month old Son - need to get a car seat for him for the back...

Cool pics - thanks for sharing.
Thanks. Looks like you really have your hands full. Those daughters will drive you crazy. My boys were a breeze in comparison to my three girls. Good luck.

Originally Posted by $manager
Hey Gabriel-
Duo-Ortho Techs for one of them I see. I was a keeper in college, etc and my son is an odp keeper. They do grow up fast guys. Enjoy it while you can. Today is a memory 20 years from now. Make it happen.
My oldest son was the ODP keeper for Nevada during his last two years of high school. He's now 6'4" 215 lbs and is one of the keepers for Pacific University in Oregon. His brother is a year behind him at the same school. He plays central defense. They are roommates, best friends, 3.9+ GPA, and have actually started listening to me. They have both confessed that they have used the line "my dad let's me drive his GT2" to try to get laid.

Old 06-07-2009, 03:06 PM
TT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant futureTT Gasman has a brilliant future
Sean if you do the factory air bag deactivation kit it might be free. Back when I first got my 996 in 1999, I asked for the kit to be installed, to my surprise there was no charge. According to the service manager, being a safety item it is free of charge.
That dude RC refused to believe it, gave me all kinds of static for posting it on his old board....

Old 06-07-2009, 05:02 PM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Wherever we hit a hoghway on-ramp, my 4 year old daughter screams "Go racecar, GO!"

Sean, I have an extra carseat and a new airbag deactivation bar if you need it. Akram (or the dealership) can set the DME if needed.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:18 PM
Awesome, Chris, I might take you up on that.