996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Anyone take a toddler for a ride in a GT2?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 02:43 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Anyone take a toddler for a ride in a GT2?

My son is going to be 2 in 3 weeks, and I am thinking it is about time for him to start "maning up" The boy ****s his pants anyways, I might as well give him a reason, right?

If his mother gets her way, he will grow up to be a full Nancy, so it is time for some "dad-ucation."

In my day, you just sat on your dads lap and held his beer and lit cigarette for him while he steered, but I am aware that things are no longer done this way.

So my question is, is it possible to put a child seat in a GT2, or is it strictly verbotten?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:21 PM
PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !PAULIEWALNUTS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
If his father gets her way, he will grow up to be a full Nancy, so it is time for some "dad-ucation."
Fixed

Old 06-05-2009, 03:24 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
We have child seats available here, if you need any more info feel free to give us a call or contact me via email.

Just hope you can convince the mother to let him go for a ride, g/l with that one.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 06-05-2009, 03:29 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Ryan,

Do I install the seat and then disengage the airbag?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:37 PM
Basic Sponsor
SuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to beholdSuncoastRyan is a splendid one to behold
If you order the front seat kit, we sell it with an airbag deactivation kit found here.

Someone told me you cannot put a child seat in the back of your GT2, so I would not try it.

I believe your dealer will have to install the deactivation kit.

ryan@suncoastparts.com

Old 06-05-2009, 03:40 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Ryan,

Do I install the seat and then disengage the airbag?
Are you planning to have him ride with you during a track event?

I wouldnt disconnect the airbag... What if you have an accident?

Old 06-05-2009, 03:41 PM
jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !jhuang25 Is a GOD !
sean, i'm pretty sure in Cali, child seat needs to be in the rear... front is illegal so you should double check the laws over there.

Old 06-05-2009, 03:46 PM
SweeeTT is infamous around these parts
What about a trailer? Works for Granma!

Old 06-05-2009, 04:15 PM
FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !FAST FWD Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MBailey

I wouldnt disconnect the airbag... What if you have an accident?
Airbags need to be disconnected for such small children. The force of the bag is too much. Maybe you knew that and were just jerking his chain. If so, sorry.

Old 06-05-2009, 05:06 PM
MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !MBailey Is a GOD !
I wouldn't hit the track with him without one of these!!

http://www.thudguard.com/product-info

Old 06-05-2009, 05:39 PM
valmeida is infamous around these parts
Mine son goes with me on every run since he was 2.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:21 PM
MTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to beholdMTheory is a splendid one to behold
As a father of 5 (2 boys, 3 girls), I truly understand your effort to have your son "man up". If he's like my kids were, he spends most of his time with his mom and she will have a great influence on him, which in retrospect, (from personal experience) is the best thing that can ever happen to your boy. Until he's 7 or 8, he's going to look to his mom. After that, he's all yours. So don't try too hard, he's still little. Take him for a ride that he will enjoy. You don't want to scare him and make him avoid future rides in your car when he might really enjoy some real torque. I would let him listen to the engine and tell him this is what a real race car sounds like. "My daddy has a race car" should be the result of his first ride.

Have fun, they grow up fast.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:25 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by MTheory
As a father of 5 (2 boys, 3 girls), I truly understand your effort to have your son "man up". If he's like my kids were, he spends most of his time with his mom and she will have a great influence on him, which in retrospect, (from personal experience) is the best thing that can ever happen to your boy. Until he's 7 or 8, he's going to look to his mom. After that, he's all yours. So don't try too hard, he's still little. Take him for a ride that he will enjoy. You don't want to scare him and make him avoid future rides in your car when he might really enjoy some real torque. I would let him listen to the engine and tell him this is what a real race car sounds like. "My daddy has a race car" should be the result of his first ride.

Have fun, they grow up fast.

excellent advice. and matches my experience. Let mom wussy him up a bit, than ****** him from her hands and raise him up Spartan Style.

Old 06-05-2009, 06:51 PM
steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !steve harris Is a GOD !
both my kids where raised in old corvettes and a 56 post chev with a blown 350 and grear drive, the loved. my son got in trouble as his teacher called us to explain he had lied at school about his dad having 6 corvettes, i explained to his teacher that not only did we have 6 corvettes we had a 56 chevy and 76 930, not mention our daily drivers(those were the days)be carful and remember this is a day he will always remember, mine did

Old 06-05-2009, 08:20 PM
Well then, it looks like we will opt for the back seat of the M3, then.

I will call it "drifting with Daddy".

The Cayenne TT does not impress him at all, the brat.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Anyone take a toddler for a ride in a GT2?