996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit GT900+Torque Monster.. Shakedown 60-130 data. Good News/Bad News

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 10:41 AM
roadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to beholdroadsterdoc is a splendid one to behold
Congrats on the run and glad to hear it was something simple...hopefully the pulley bolt threads are OK. Use Loctite!

Old 06-07-2009, 10:49 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by roadsterdoc
Congrats on the run and glad to hear it was something simple...hopefully the pulley bolt threads are OK. Use Loctite!
Thanks, I put a flashlight down there and the threads look fine although I can only see 2-3 rows from that angle but the ones on the end would be the first to get chewed up...

Old 06-07-2009, 11:04 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Very Impressive Kevin......I think that run might qualify for Sean's bad weather adjustments-.2-.3.....You know after thinking about it your car (and the time it ran 60-130)happens to be pretty cool for a couple of reasons.One ,that it is the only car to run in the 5's while letting the computer totally control boost function(NO BOOST CONTROLLER),which is a testament to Todd Z and his EVOMSit tuning.Well done Todd. Two that thing is a pig for sure.....AWD,stock seats,interior and well come to think of it you actually added weight to the stock car with all the pumps,gauges and you even added weight by swapping out that fancy carbon Sportec box for a V-flow.....Not to mention the Driver is no horse jockey.Get her home, put you and the car on a diet and 4's are possible.I bet it feels good after being on the brink of letting her go for a ridiculous price not too long ago(in hindsight i should have taken advantage of ya while you were weak and i would have a really nice ride right now....Oh well !jk)Very nice job Evoms and KPG.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:14 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Run confirmed here: https://www.6speedonline.com/forums/...-post1886.html

Congratulations again, Kevin!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:22 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
well done again fellas.... kevin so happy for you.

Still got doubters
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...s-it-real.html

Old 06-07-2009, 11:24 AM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by robmd99
Kevin
That is a very impressive run especially considering it was your first time, I am certain it was hot (which is a huge killer in times), your weight of you car, the lack of traction (tire pressure or different tires?),a new clutch? and faster shifts etc.... It is hard to get below 5 sec and extremely difficult to get below 4.5 sec. These are huge barriers to break, for example I have watched several high HP cars run several runs back to back to get into the 4s.
Congratulations
Robert
Thanks Rob, I am sure there is more in there. I am not going to go to extremes, but I will put my lightweight battery back in(EVOMS took it out since it wouldnt hold a charge and put one of the boat anchors in its place) and I have a set of GT3 seats at home that I bought 2 years ago for the imminent conclusion of the build. Clutch is good, no probs and it has 3K miles on it since the car did run last summer in a stock configuration. At one point I was really concerned about my times, but now I really dont care.... it will do what it will do.

Old 06-07-2009, 11:32 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by WOODTSTER

BTW, were you thrilled to death to finally drive it?

Congrats!

MK
you meant scared to death right? My frame of reference for speed is all out of whack after being out of this car for so long. I need a few drag days and a roadcourse day to recalibrate, but while I was blasting down some sleepy road in the desert, doing all I can to stay on the road, dodging jackrabbits i was thinking why am I doing this..... maybe Doc Rob is right after all! (Rob that was a good natured jab!)

Old 06-07-2009, 11:34 AM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Thanks Rob, I am sure there is more in there. I am not going to go to extremes, but I will put my lightweight battery back in(EVOMS took it out since it wouldnt hold a charge and put one of the boat anchors in its place) and I have a set of GT3 seats at home that I bought 2 years ago for the imminent conclusion of the build. Clutch is good, no probs and it has 3K miles on it since the car did run last summer in a stock configuration. At one point I was really concerned about my times, but now I really dont care.... it will do what it will do.
The seats are a good idea with a car like that... You'll feel a lot more secure and not move around so much from side to side... when you're going straight

Old 06-07-2009, 11:34 AM
KPG
Originally Posted by topgun
Did you **** yourself? ...It's been a long Journey. Now enjoy!!
You're on deck bro!!

Old 06-07-2009, 11:36 AM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by sharkster
well done again fellas.... kevin so happy for you.

Still got doubters
http://forums.rennlist.com/rennforum...s-it-real.html
Toby (AKA TB993tt) is without a doubt, the most insecure, whiny little girl on any Porsche forum. He literally cannot stand the fact that the US cars literally trounce the Euro cars when it comes to tangible, measured performance.

Forget dyno numbers...as I've said before, they don't mean a whole lot....and I personally don't put a lot of faith in them regardless of who is making the claims. But when it comes to actual acceleration times, the euro tuners simply can't hold a candle to our top cars. TB can't stand this fact; and just like the whiny little girl that he is...he throws online tantrums in the guise of informational threads that continually make him look like a total ignoramus.

No matter what he cries about in his posts; the facts are that EVOMS, Proto and Switzer have built the fastest Porsches in the world. Period.

Last edited by Divexxtreme; 06-07-2009 at 11:38 AM.
Old 06-07-2009, 11:41 AM
the us builds fast porsches? I never knew

I'm with you on the mph, 1/4mile stuff and 60-130... That's plenty proof enough:P

Old 06-07-2009, 11:42 AM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme

No matter what he cries about in his posts; the facts are that EVOMS, Proto and Switzer have built the fastest Porsches in the world. Period.
No doubt +1.

Old 06-07-2009, 12:14 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by sharkster
the us builds fast porsches? I never knew

I'm with you on the mph, 1/4mile stuff and 60-130... That's plenty proof enough:P
Alex, it just dawned on me. Where is TB getting his inside info? He is a Brit... You are a Brit... Are you a mole?

Old 06-07-2009, 12:34 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Toby (AKA TB993tt) is without a doubt, the most insecure, whiny little girl on any Porsche forum. He literally cannot stand the fact that the US cars literally trounce the Euro cars when it comes to tangible, measured performance.

Forget dyno numbers...as I've said before, they don't mean a whole lot....and I personally don't put a lot of faith in them regardless of who is making the claims. But when it comes to actual acceleration times, the euro tuners simply can't hold a candle to our top cars. TB can't stand this fact; and just like the whiny little girl that he is...he throws online tantrums in the guise of informational threads that continually make him look like a total ignoramus.

Scott, I love your candor and enjoy your posts.

Just a suggestion, why don't you stop censoring yourself and let us know how you really feel?

Old 06-07-2009, 12:38 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Very Impressive Kevin......I think that run might qualify for Sean's bad weather adjustments-.2-.3......
Yes, the car would run .2 or .3 seconds faster in colder weather....why is the observation of a simple fact funny?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit GT900+Torque Monster.. Shakedown 60-130 data. Good News/Bad News