996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit GT900+Torque Monster.. Shakedown 60-130 data. Good News/Bad News

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 01:13 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Yes, the car would run .2 or .3 seconds faster in colder weather....why is the observation of a simple fact funny?
Just a joke Sean.Since you are the master of all light hearted humor on this site i figured you would be the best at taking one.

Old 06-07-2009, 01:51 PM
Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !Dr_jitsu Is a GOD !
Joe,

Likewise I bet your car will run close to 4.5 on a dedicated 60-130 run.

Old 06-07-2009, 02:56 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Alex, it just dawned on me. Where is TB getting his inside info? He is a Brit... You are a Brit... Are you a mole?

I'm a yank now

Old 06-07-2009, 05:15 PM
robmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond reputerobmd99 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by Dr_jitsu
Yes, the car would run .2 or .3 seconds faster in colder weather....why is the observation of a simple fact funny?
Just my two cents, but there are many factors that come into play when you are trying to run short distance be it 60 to 130 or 1/4 mile. Yes, temperature can play a huge role especially on high hp turbo cars. The high hp cars seemed to loose more power than a lower hp car. Thus if a 900 hp car is at the track the same day a 600 hp car, the the higher powered car can loose more power than the lower powered car; which will effect its time greater than the other car. Also, the higher hp cars seemed to be more tempermental on hotter days which really can be a handful when trying to get the car down the track. Thus, it is truly hard to say how much faster KPG car will be, but I am certain it can be much faster!

Congrats
Robert

Old 06-07-2009, 05:21 PM
jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !jimmer23 Is a GOD !
Build completed and tested in record time! I can't tell you how happy and impressed I am for you Kev!

Originally Posted by Divexxtreme
Toby (AKA TB993tt) is without a doubt, the most insecure, whiny little girl on any Porsche forum. He literally cannot stand the fact that the US cars literally trounce the Euro cars when it comes to tangible, measured performance.

Forget dyno numbers...as I've said before, they don't mean a whole lot....and I personally don't put a lot of faith in them regardless of who is making the claims. But when it comes to actual acceleration times, the euro tuners simply can't hold a candle to our top cars. TB can't stand this fact; and just like the whiny little girl that he is...he throws online tantrums in the guise of informational threads that continually make him look like a total ignoramus.

No matter what he cries about in his posts; the facts are that EVOMS, Proto and Switzer have built the fastest Porsches in the world. Period.
+1000000000000

I'm currently involved in numerous wars with this a-hole Toby on numerous threads on both RL and PH (with help from 996TT_STEVO). He continually refuses to accept that US horsepower is in many cases better than his "true Porsche hp", and comes off looking like the arrogant ***** he is. Afterall, his arguement about doing 40min 200mph WOT pulls isn't very realistic is it? To say the guy is a complete tool is really not fair to tools worldwide...

Again - CONGRATS guys!

Old 06-07-2009, 06:15 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
I know what RL is but what's PH?

Old 06-07-2009, 06:20 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by reeknhavic
i know what rl is but what's ph?

pistonheads

Old 06-07-2009, 06:23 PM
ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !ReeknHavic Is a GOD !
Ahhhh, Pistonheads, I sorta forgot about that site. It seemed like there wasn't that much activity over there but that was awhile ago.

Thanks Woodtster

Old 06-07-2009, 07:42 PM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
GREAT job Kevin. I look forward to your follow-up runs.

Craig

Old 06-07-2009, 07:43 PM
Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !Powell Is a GOD !
Congrats Kevin!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:14 PM
topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !topgun Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
Very Impressive Kevin......I think that run might qualify for Sean's bad weather adjustments-.2-.3.....You know after thinking about it your car (and the time it ran 60-130)happens to be pretty cool for a couple of reasons.One ,that it is the only car to run in the 5's while letting the computer totally control boost function(NO BOOST CONTROLLER),which is a testament to Todd Z and his EVOMSit tuning.Well done Todd. Two that thing is a pig for sure.....AWD,stock seats,interior and well come to think of it you actually added weight to the stock car with all the pumps,gauges and you even added weight by swapping out that fancy carbon Sportec box for a V-flow.....Not to mention the Driver is no horse jockey.Get her home, put you and the car on a diet and 4's are possible.I bet it feels good after being on the brink of letting her go for a ridiculous price not too long ago(in hindsight i should have taken advantage of ya while you were weak and i would have a really nice ride right now....Oh well !jk)Very nice job Evoms and KPG.
Joe, Todd & John are straight up Guy's that know their ****...Especially now that he doesn't depend on anybody for his tuning. I never liked the xternal wastegates. I prefer that the ECU have full control, just in case. It's good to have options.

Thanks for putting in a good word for these two problem children ...Hopefully we can get all three of these cars together at ETown this summer

Old 06-07-2009, 08:37 PM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
I love threads like this
congrats, and i hope to see this beast soon!

Old 06-07-2009, 08:43 PM
joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !joetwint Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by TiALSport
I love threads like this
congrats, and i hope to see this beast soon!
yup,can't wait to see how the magic you worked on my turbos does when we get her on the dyno.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:53 PM
TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !TXGold Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
yup,can't wait to see how the magic you worked on my turbos does when we get her on the dyno.
When's that gonna be, Joe? Hoping soon, bud.

Old 06-07-2009, 08:57 PM
Ryan,End of this week or early next week,well as long as Topgun doesn't decide to build the Space Shuttle

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit GT900+Torque Monster.. Shakedown 60-130 data. Good News/Bad News