996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

EVOMSit GT900+Torque Monster.. Shakedown 60-130 data. Good News/Bad News

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-07-2009, 09:05 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by joetwint
Ryan,End of this week or early next week,well as long as Topgun doesn't decide to build the Space Shuttle
Geez you keep throwing those lines out -- can I quote" it's not rocket science" -so how hard can it be?!!!!
Great to see you can actually drive the thing again KPG and such a excellent return.

Old 06-07-2009, 09:59 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by topgun
I prefer that the ECU have full control, just in case. It's good to have options.
Hopefully we can get all three of these cars together at ETown this summer
Todd showed me first hand about ECU adaptation He is going to get me some graphs and data later to post but suffice it to say he showed me the ECU adapting real time. After we drained all the race fuel out and went back to pump fuel, he started to heat stress the car after we had our final pump fule file. I think the file was about 650AWHP/650AWTQ. He kept running the car on the dyno intentionally heatsoaking the engine. We watched the ECU progressively turn down the boost and timing run after run. We were losing about 10HP and a point or two of timing every run until we were at 610/610 after 5 consectuvie runs. Ambient temps were approaching 100 degrees and he wanted to show me the worst case scenario that this car would see....and that it would react to preserve the engine. It was an eyeopener

E town works for me....

Old 06-07-2009, 10:03 PM
KPG
KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !KPG Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Red 9
Great to see you can actually drive the thing again KPG and such a excellent return.
Thank you Red. The "excellent" return is due to the hard work from the crew at EVOMS, otherwise it would have just been a return. The car is very strong and I have some other data that gives me great confidence it will be very strong at the 1/4 track and the mile.

Old 06-07-2009, 10:05 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by TiALSport
I love threads like this
congrats, and i hope to see this beast soon!
BTW, your estimate of 750AWHP didnt pan out, but I am sure these are estimates you LIKE to lose

Old 06-07-2009, 11:10 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I can't believe I never saw this thread when it came to life. Amazing power for Porkey and street tires for sure. Low 5's will come in no time I am sure. What a service though by Todd, wow. Congrats again!!

Old 06-08-2009, 08:23 AM
TiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond reputeTiALSport has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by KPG
BTW, your estimate of 750AWHP didnt pan out, but I am sure these are estimates you LIKE to lose
what did you end up at? did you kick the revvs/boost up?

Old 06-08-2009, 10:14 AM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Do your turbos flow more or less the the GT/35's ?
(I can see they produce gobs of torque, but wondering about overall flow?)

MK

Old 06-08-2009, 12:25 PM
UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !UrbanHotrod Is a GOD !
Wow that's cooking for a Pig LOL. Sounds like a great package once you get that belt back on .
I predict a 5.08 - 5.13 as long as you get some traction.

Old 06-08-2009, 12:53 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by KPG
Todd showed me first hand about ECU adaptation He is going to get me some graphs and data later to post but suffice it to say he showed me the ECU adapting real time. After we drained all the race fuel out and went back to pump fuel, he started to heat stress the car after we had our final pump fule file. I think the file was about 650AWHP/650AWTQ. He kept running the car on the dyno intentionally heatsoaking the engine. We watched the ECU progressively turn down the boost and timing run after run. We were losing about 10HP and a point or two of timing every run until we were at 610/610 after 5 consectuvie runs. Ambient temps were approaching 100 degrees and he wanted to show me the worst case scenario that this car would see....and that it would react to preserve the engine. It was an eyeopener

E town works for me....
Been through that same seminar:P Good stuff eh?

Old 06-08-2009, 05:04 PM
Acropora has a spectacular aura aboutAcropora has a spectacular aura about
Nice numbers Kevin! Hitting Grattan w/ RSR this month if you're game. Congrats on finally getting to drive your baby!

Old 06-08-2009, 06:00 PM
jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !jags911tt Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by joetwint
yup,can't wait to see how the magic you worked on my turbos does when we get her on the dyno.
Joe sent you a pm, please reply.

Jag

Old 06-08-2009, 06:15 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
Great time, as always thanks for your up front manner with sharing everything, its refreshing.

Old 06-08-2009, 11:13 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by TiALSport
what did you end up at? did you kick the revvs/boost up?
The final numbers aren't nearly as impressive as the numbers getting there. We all know a turbo is a compromise between low end grunt and high end power, but I have to admit you guys really got this Alpha 30 dead nuts perfect. Todd told me he has a custom billet compressor wheel in there ,but the overall performance is staggering, both high end HP and low end Tq. Heck, these turbos made 417 FT lbs at the crank at just 2700rpms, 535 tq at 3340rpm, 750+ at 3900 rpms and peak tq of 890 at only 4400.... that is a very impressive turbo. On the HP side it did not disappoint either. 950+ crank hp and still producing real power when the dyno was cut at 7800. These turbos would easily have kept going further up the rpm scale if we let them.... I realize these numbers are part of a tuning and hardware package and no one part is responsible for the overall numbers, but these Alpha's played a starring role. Woodster asked a good question a couple posts back in reference to airflow with these compared to a GT35R. We both would like to hear your input on the subject, although from where I sit these do not give up much to a straight 35. What makes these turbos so flexible in spool up and high end power? I know Todd's tuning played a significant part, but my gut tells me a straight 30 was not going to produce these numbers....well, maybe the final HP number but I dont think it would do the power under the curve like the Alphas.... Patiently waiting for your input

Old 06-08-2009, 11:15 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by jags911tt
Joe sent you a pm, please reply.

Jag
Joe, please respond to Jags... Jags if he doesnt respond, send me or Tom a message and we will forward it to him. MY people know his people...

Old 06-08-2009, 11:21 PM
KPG
Originally Posted by DJM
Great time, as always thanks for your up front manner with sharing everything, its refreshing.
DJM,thanks... this build was a humbling experience, speaking about the good and the bad has been therapuetic....

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: EVOMSit GT900+Torque Monster.. Shakedown 60-130 data. Good News/Bad News