996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Hennessy or Lingenfelter

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-22-2004, 10:34 PM
sm993tt is infamous around these parts
Hennessy or Lingenfelter

I heard that Lingenfelter has a new C6 twin turbo vette out just like the twin turbo viper ofers sick performance. Which one would you guys go with?

Old 10-22-2004, 10:45 PM
Pioneer Member
Scott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond reputeScott in H-town has a reputation beyond repute
Isn't Hennessy getting ripped for ripping its customers?

If it's not them, I apologize, but I thought it was Hennessy that has customers after them for taking their money, but not returning a car and then going out of business.

Whatever you do... do your homework before doing anything w/ any tuner.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:35 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
What ever happened w/ Hennessey's lawsuits? He's still in business so it couldn't of ended up that bad

Old 10-22-2004, 11:41 PM
TCM
TCM is infamous around these parts
I have heard awful things about Hennesy, so I would stick with Lingenfelter. Apparently, he has a stellar reputation and his car's lay down great times.

Old 10-22-2004, 11:47 PM
MANA is infamous around these parts
Originally posted by Soon2be993tt
What ever happened w/ Hennessey's lawsuits? He's still in business so it couldn't of ended up that bad
He actually closed his business "Hennessey Motor Sports" and reopened under the name "Hennessey Performance". I could go on and on ....

Old 10-22-2004, 11:49 PM
HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !HotRodGuy Is a GOD !
Originally posted by NoMercy
He actually closed his business "Hennessey Motor Sports" and reopened under the name "Hennessey Performance". I could go on and on ....
you've gotta be kidding me

got any good links over on the viper board? Today will be a slow day at work

Old 10-22-2004, 11:56 PM
damon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond reputedamon@tirerack has a reputation beyond repute
John was a great guy and we all loved doing business with him. Nobody has a bad thing to say about him. I believe he (the company) warrants its work, too. Go Ligenfelter.

**Don't forget to add my name to online orders!**

Or use this link:
http://www.tirerack.com/a.jsp?a=BH1&url=index.jsp
Old 10-23-2004, 12:04 AM
Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !Craig Is a GOD !
Old 10-23-2004, 01:57 AM
Originally posted by Craig
September 2002 Car and Driver Article re: Hennessey.

Craig
That about sums it up. The guy they mentioned in that article (142k and a Viper) is a friend of mine. I was just over visiting him in Utah last week and three years later his Viper is still not in his garage. Hennessey delivered it but it was hacked up, barely running and there was still about 85k worth of parts missing. It was sent to J. Heffner to be fixed and he is still awaiting the parts that Hennessey has promised but failed to deliver. He burned me for 20k and it took two years and several fake tracking numbers, bounced checks and exuses to get a settlement of 10k.

I spoke with him (Hennssey) in a PM two weeks ago about a Quaiffe differential that is missing for my buddys car and he told me it was paid for and sent. We double checked today and found that the Vendor had still not received any payment. Hennessy made a settlement agreement with my buddy the night before court a few months ago and is already in default.

I can go on and, on it is ridiculous ...

Old 10-23-2004, 02:12 AM
ebaker is infamous around these parts
I'm sure there are other good honest viper tuners.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:32 AM
Paul S-in TX is infamous around these parts
My .02. I did Lingenfelter's 383 conversion to my C4 Corvette. And I can tell you that regardless of anything else, they did absolutely stand behind their work.

I had some issues--example, the car ran too hot for Texas, and they paid round trip, top level, covered transport to and from Dallas to Decatur, IN to fix it. Didn't charge me extra for the larger radiator core (not a big item but still wasn't part of the package I paid for) and some other stuff they did to improve on it.

They also worked with my local Chevy dealer when a line pressure issue blew two torque converters in the first 4 months--I had the automatic and they had the line pressure too high, initially. They paid the dealer both times to pull the tranny and torque converter and send it to them for fixing.

Then after I had been without the car for about 9 months total in the first two years, I complained and they added two more years to the warranty.

So Lingenfelter does stand behind their work. And although John's deceased now, hopefully they haven't changed.

The only real issue is bear in mind that Lingenfelter Performance still does a lot of race prep work and their "enthusiast" customers cars will sit and wait will the racers get preferential treatment. But with patience they absolutely do what they say they will do for you, although it may take more time than they promise.

Old 10-23-2004, 02:57 AM
I agree. Lingenfelter is TOP NOTCH!!

Old 10-23-2004, 09:46 AM
Banned
twinvipers is just really nicetwinvipers is just really nicetwinvipers is just really nicetwinvipers is just really nice
Get a Viper and go with Jason Heffner

Old 10-23-2004, 09:53 AM
Originally posted by twinvipers
Get a Viper and go with Jason Heffner
That is where I am going.

Old 10-23-2004, 04:22 PM
ChrisRC is infamous around these parts
Since my driving abilities inhibit performance moreso than actual horsepower disparities, I'll base my choice on purely aethetic qualities. In my opinon, the C5 and C6 Corvettes cannot even approach the sheer visceral appeal and overall sexiness of the Viper. I'll take the Hennessy Viper any day over a Corvette, Lingenfelter or not.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Hennessy or Lingenfelter