996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Tequipment roll bar owners - Question for you

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-10-2009, 01:14 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Tequipment roll bar owners - Question for you

I'm looking at picking up a Tequipment roll bar but it doesn't have the install hardware. Does anyone know what I need to get specifically? Is it something I can pick up from Home Depot?

Edwin

Old 06-10-2009, 01:19 PM
Imolas54 is infamous around these parts
the hardware you can buy from mcmaster, but do you have the thick spacer w/ the hole that fits into the front lower mounting points? If you just need the bolts pm me your address i can send it to you free of charge i had to buy the entire box from mcmaster and it came with like 20 bolts per box.

Old 06-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Basic Sponsor
PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !PrecisionPorsch Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by Imolas54
the hardware you can buy from mcmaster, but do you have the thick spacer w/ the hole that fits into the front lower mounting points? If you just need the bolts pm me your address i can send it to you free of charge i had to buy the entire box from mcmaster and it came with like 20 bolts per box.
Thank you for the VERY kind offer I do not have a thick spacer but is it something I can get at a hardware store? do you happen to have a pic of it?

Edwin

Old 06-10-2009, 01:41 PM
boca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really niceboca996tt is just really nice
edwin you do the roll bar for track or just looks?

Old 06-10-2009, 01:44 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by boca996tt
edwin you do the roll bar for track or just looks?

Hey Larry,

I am adding it mainly to increase the structural rigidity of the vehichle (...yeah, pretty much just for looks)

Edwin

Old 06-10-2009, 01:59 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
hardware can be ordered separately.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:34 PM
no i am pretty sure you'll have to order that from porsche.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:51 PM
BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !BlackHorseTurbo Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by PrecisionPorsch
Hey Larry,

I am adding it mainly to increase the structural rigidity of the vehichle (...yeah, pretty much just for looks)

Edwin
Trust me Boca, it's just for looks.

Old 06-10-2009, 02:53 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by BlackHorseTurbo
Trust me Boca, it's just for looks.
Wait till you see my newest mod! M3 side grills on the turbo

Old 06-10-2009, 02:58 PM
best photo i can find, see the bolt actually fits through a solid round piece of metal.

Attached Images  
Old 06-10-2009, 02:59 PM
Basic Sponsor
Originally Posted by Imolas54
best photo i can find, see the bolt actually fits through a solid round piece of metal.
Thanks for the pic! I'll call suncoast today to see how much it is. Thank you!

Edwin

Old 06-10-2009, 04:17 PM
WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !WOODTSTER Is a GOD !
Do search: Can be a frustrating experience in isometrics.
We had to pound the heck out of the inner door sill to allow it to fit (ball peen hammer). Others have found it to be easier. Cover your door sills with thick blankets, when removing your seats. It takes two people.

MK

Old 06-10-2009, 04:41 PM
oak
oak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud ofoak has much to be proud of
easier to just cut out the section above the mounting point than pounding. but hey knock yourself out!

Old 06-10-2009, 07:49 PM
yeah, just cut it out much easier. I installed the rollbar all by myself within a few hours. check the other board for some really good instructions and videos.

Old 06-10-2009, 10:27 PM
Basic Sponsor
John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !John@SpeedTech Is a GOD !
Yes, pull the carpet back and use a dremel tool to cut a half circle out of the plastic under the carpet and where the roll bar will hit, then put the carpet back in place. When the roll bar is installed, it will depress the carpet into the void and install easily. This only takes about 10 minutes to do. And cover the sills like Marty suggested.

2022 Cayenne White
former 1972 911T white, 1984 911 3.2 Targa black, 993 cab white, 993TT arena red, 993TT silver, 996TT speed yellow, 991.1 GT3 white
www.speedtechexhausts.com
info@speedtechexhausts.com
Testimonials facebook SpeedTech Exhaust Videos

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Tequipment roll bar owners - Question for you