996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

just completed bondurant racing school

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-13-2009, 09:46 AM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
just completed bondurant racing school

i know a lot of people on this forum have had racing experience and have been to driving school. For those of you who haven't, this is a must do. It's a blast and you learn a tremendous amount about driving/racing.
I drove a c6 vette, a skid pad car, a shifter cart (0-100mph in 6 sec), and lastly a formula bondurant. I learned so much about vision, car balance, driving lines, trail braking, etc. The instructors at bondurant are excellent. i'm ready to go back and do some more driving and i just got home last night!

Old 06-13-2009, 10:41 AM
Former Vendor
Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !Betim@BBIAutosport Is a GOD !
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been thinking about taking the course too; Just so much going on at the moment. Did you do the two day event?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:46 AM
landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !landjet Is a GOD !
How much was the tuition and where was it located?

Old 06-13-2009, 10:57 AM
OCTurbo is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by Thomas@bbiautosport
Thanks for sharing your experience. I've been thinking about taking the course too; Just so much going on at the moment. Did you do the two day event?
I did the grand prix specialty course (2 day). i would have liked to do the full 4 day course, but i didn't have the time. However, i was very pleased with this course and you get a lot of track time and one on one time with the instuctors.

bondurant is located in chandler,AZ-just outside of phoenix. it is about a 15 min drive from the airport and hotels are about 5 min from the track.

as far as tuition, go to bondurant.com for pricing. however, they are running specials now where you get anywhere from 15-30% off.

The other courses i considered were jim russell (sears point) and skip barber (laguna seca).

Old 06-13-2009, 08:44 PM
tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !tom kerr Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by OCTurbo
i know a lot of people on this forum have had racing experience and have been to driving school. For those of you who haven't, this is a must do. It's a blast and you learn a tremendous amount about driving/racing.
I drove a c6 vette, a skid pad car, a shifter cart (0-100mph in 6 sec), and lastly a formula bondurant. I learned so much about vision, car balance, driving lines, trail braking, etc. The instructors at bondurant are excellent. i'm ready to go back and do some more driving and i just got home last night!
I totally agree and also have done it. but for most who never go to the track anyway a local PCA DE event in their own car would be a great bang for the buck the race school is very expensive and alot of what you got could have been done in your car at a DE. still nothing can replace what you have experienced!!

Old 06-14-2009, 06:21 AM
Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !Mikelly Is a GOD !
I'm considering the Bertle Roos school at VIR. Most of these schools are a good place for intermediate to advanced drivers to really get huge gains. Beginners will learn a ton as well, but I'm not sure I'd make that financial commitment without atleast 10-15 HPDEs at local clubs.

Mike