996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Cab ecu removal

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 10-25-2004, 03:01 AM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
Cab ecu removal

I want to up-grade my car. NE1 know how to get to the ecu in a cab?

Many thanks in advance.

Old 10-29-2004, 10:42 AM
Headdoc is infamous around these parts
I just looked at the ECU in my Cab. I don't know how to unscrew the ECU from the bracket as the two bottom screws are inaccessible.

As far as I'm concerned, this mod is left to the professionals.

Old 10-29-2004, 10:50 AM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
If no one answers with good instructions by this weekend I will do it... Won't have time tomorrow, but will do it on my cab. Sat (with pretty photos )...
Evan

Last edited by AMG ETR; 10-29-2004 at 10:55 AM.
Old 10-29-2004, 10:51 AM
PorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond reputePorschePhd has a reputation beyond repute
You need to let the top come back enough that the lid in the back is up. Reach in and pop the cables on either side of the bottom of the top. They secure the bottom down with a ball and socket system. Push the bottom of the top forward and access the carpet. Pull the plastic plugs and pull the carpet out. The ECU sits on the firewall. Pull the bracket and pull the ecu forward. Remove the 5 plugs and send it to your GIAC dealer in Kansas

Old 10-29-2004, 12:12 PM
Stephen, I got as far as pulling back the grey liner which exposed the ECU.
Pull the bracket and pull the ecu forward. Remove the 5 plugs
Not sure how to do this. Do you mean bend the bracket? The ECU is screwed onto thr bracket and the bracket is screwed onto the firwall. Any pics or shall I wait till Evan can upload pics?

Old 10-29-2004, 12:35 PM
AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !AMG ETR Is a GOD !
Originally posted by Headdoc
Stephen, I got as far as pulling back the grey liner which exposed the ECU. Not sure how to do this. Do you mean bend the bracket? The ECU is screwed onto thr bracket and the bracket is screwed onto the firwall. Any pics or shall I wait till Evan can upload pics?
Hum, I have removed the ECU many times in the cab but don't remember having a problem getting the actual ECU out.... I do know its tight which caused getting it back in to be tough, but getting it out wasn't bad. If you can wait untill the weekend like I said I will do it step by step with photos
Evan

Old 10-29-2004, 02:14 PM
jamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant futurejamie has a brilliant future
The ecu is attached to a bracket which is attached to the firewall. The ecu is attached by two phillips screws on top and two on the bottom. The bottom screws are proving to be quite the challenge since you can't see them and there doesn't seem to be enough room to get even a stubby screw-driver in there.

Don't see how you can bend or pull it forward?

Old 10-31-2004, 08:45 AM
Evan,

You get around to the DIY ECU removal yet? Looking forward to seeing those pics when you have the time.

Old 10-31-2004, 10:30 AM
Evan,

You get around to the DIY ECU removal yet? Looking forward to seeing those pics when you have the time.
VERY VERY SORRY was out all day and didn't have a chance to do it!! I will have it up by tomorrow night for sure!!!
Evan

Old 11-01-2004, 04:53 AM
Here you go guys. Hope it helps!!!
Cab ECU Removal Instructions
Evan

Old 11-01-2004, 06:50 AM
Evan,

Thanks for such thorough and easy to follow directions. This has been very helpful.

Old 11-01-2004, 06:56 AM
Evan,

Thanks for such thorough and easy to follow directions. This has been very helpful.
No problem, should take no more than 20 mins to do!! I timed myself and I had the ECU out in 5 mins, but then again I have done it many times . I can have a coupe ECU out (even with the BOSE sub) in under 2 mins
Evan