996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

959 S at RSS/Stuttgart Performance - Porsche DNA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 05:24 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
How about this story: A group of guys who had them decided to upgrade the hp on them from the factory. It was cheaper to get all the cars in one place and fly the engineer in from Porsche to do the work. So far so good. All the work gets one late into the evening. Then, one owner had his personal mechanic take his out for a test drive.......AND HE TOTALED IT!.

True story. I was on the road it happened on yesterday...........and the car went back to Deutschland for a rebuild.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:04 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
It was exactly this damn car and the CTR yellow bird that got me hooked on Porsches. Nice pics Bryan!!!

Old 06-19-2009, 06:17 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Thanks for all the comments guys – we really love this car.
In person, it's simply stunning.
Again, anyone in the SoCal area – feel free to swing by anytime to check it out.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !Turbo Fanatic Is a GOD !
That's a very nice car!

Honestly if I saw a 959 on the street, I would think it was a kit car.

Last edited by Turbo Fanatic; 06-20-2009 at 01:11 AM.
Old 06-19-2009, 09:09 PM
RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !RFFG Is a GOD !
Damn, nice!

Old 06-19-2009, 09:38 PM
sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !sharkster Is a GOD !
Every time I head down there my first port of call is to take another peak at it. It reminds me of my poster at school in my dorm... Next to it was one of some 80s woman too I think....

Such a great example!

Old 06-20-2009, 07:08 PM
Broker404 is infamous around these partsBroker404 is infamous around these parts
I've always wondered about something on these cars and other Porsches with the vent in front of the front windshield... Is it functional in any way?

It seems like just about every vent and scoop on a Porsche is functional, so I was wondering if this one was too although I'm not sure where it would flow air to.

Old 06-20-2009, 11:48 PM
m5guy is infamous around these parts
Bryan, was this car previously owned by Otis Chandler?

Old 06-21-2009, 05:05 AM
dre_techie is infamous around these parts
Amazing car, and you almost make it sound like it's okay do any mod work to this car. Amazing that you guys have one, but again it's surreal that one would mod a 959.

To me the 959 doesn't need to prove anything since it's THE 959, therefore mods would be redundant. I understand race mods 20 years ago, and reverting from those.

Old 06-22-2009, 09:18 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m5guy
Bryan, was this car previously owned by Otis Chandler?
Hi m5guy,

Yes - Otis Chandler was the original buyer.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:17 PM
DJM
DJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really niceDJM is just really nice
awesome car, if I am ever in your neck of the woods I will have to take you up on your offer to see this beauty in person.

Old 06-22-2009, 02:21 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by DJM
awesome car, if I am ever in your neck of the woods I will have to take you up on your offer to see this beauty in person.
Sounds good - we would love to meet you...

Old 06-22-2009, 10:54 PM
m5guy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Hi m5guy,

Yes - Otis Chandler was the original buyer.
Thanks for the response. I thought the car looked familiar. Chandler's Vintage museum was located in nearby Oxnard. While he was alive, he hosted several charity open house events each year. I remembered the 959 from the last time I was there, probably around 1999-2000. During his later years, Chandler's tastes had shifted mostly to vintage cars from the early 20th century. During his prime however, he was an accomplished Porsche racer and avid race car collector. I had a short chat with him during the 1999 event and asked him why he had sold his earlier P-car collection, leaving only the 959 representing the marque in his museum. "Divorce, unfortunately" he said "plus I don't really fit well in small cars."

Old 06-23-2009, 10:28 AM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by m5guy
Thanks for the response. I thought the car looked familiar. Chandler's Vintage museum was located in nearby Oxnard. While he was alive, he hosted several charity open house events each year. I remembered the 959 from the last time I was there, probably around 1999-2000. During his later years, Chandler's tastes had shifted mostly to vintage cars from the early 20th century. During his prime however, he was an accomplished Porsche racer and avid race car collector. I had a short chat with him during the 1999 event and asked him why he had sold his earlier P-car collection, leaving only the 959 representing the marque in his museum. "Divorce, unfortunately" he said "plus I don't really fit well in small cars."
Good story - thanks for sharing. I grew up in Ventura County and familiar with his museum as well. Otis Chandler was a very interesting man, very cool that you had the chance to meet him... Yes, he went through phases on what he liked to collect...

Old 06-23-2009, 05:54 PM
AWD
AWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud ofAWD has much to be proud of
Thumbs up

Thanks for posting the pics Bryan!

I was thinking it was one of the Canepa cars, but I don't think that they were an "S" model. I never remembered seeing a cage in those cars. This car is a special one though!!! Just gorgeous!

When I drove one several years ago, I was baffled by the amount of fuel doors on the car. I think I remembered counting 3....maybe 4 fuel doors. Do you know what each one is for?

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 959 S at RSS/Stuttgart Performance - Porsche DNA