996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

959 S at RSS/Stuttgart Performance - Porsche DNA

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 09-12-2009, 12:01 PM
m5guy is infamous around these parts
Bryan, did Jeff Zwart direct/produce this commercial? If so, I look forward to seeing the final cut.

Old 09-18-2009, 11:52 AM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by m5guy
Bryan, did Jeff Zwart direct/produce this commercial? If so, I look forward to seeing the final cut.
Yes. I look forward to seeing the final cut and the other materials they will produce as well. Hopefully they will be much better than the 1.9% financing Porsche Moment commercials that have been getting a lot of recent airtime...

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 09-18-2009 at 12:23 PM.
Old 09-18-2009, 12:24 PM
Former Vendor
Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !Sales@RSS Is a GOD !
Video Another behind the scenes video...

Here is another behind the scenes video of the new Porsche commercial launching soon. We are proud to have been a part of this historic event with our 959 S...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0uOKqvFy2E

Last edited by Sales@RSS; 09-18-2009 at 12:30 PM.
Old 09-19-2009, 03:46 AM
ScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond reputeScottKelly911 has a reputation beyond repute
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Here is another behind the scenes video of the new Porsche commercial launching soon. We are proud to have been a part of this historic event with our 959 S...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p0uOKqvFy2E
Awesome video Bryan, thanks for sharing.

Old 09-19-2009, 01:27 PM
Fastfrank is infamous around these parts
Awesome car! I like it so much I flew to New York & almost bought a 959/930 conversion after I sold my 1978 930 many years ago (fiberglass work just wasn't up to par)
Thanks for sharing!

Old 09-19-2009, 01:59 PM
///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold///M Kevin is a splendid one to behold
That brought back 10 seconds of my childhood memory of this car. Awesome piece of machinery for the time.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:15 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Is this the car up for sale on ebay now? If not, it has an identical twin

Old 09-21-2009, 04:21 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GOB
Is this the car up for sale on ebay now? If not, it has an identical twin
Nope, I believe your speaking of the 959S in Scottsdale Arizona at Beck's.
Our car is not for sale as we will try to hold on to her forever... thanks

Old 09-21-2009, 04:27 PM
GOB
GOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud ofGOB has much to be proud of
Yeap, you are correct, its at Beck's the one for sale. In any case, what a piece of history. Just took Porsche nearly 20 years to make the 911 Turbo (997) come close/match the performance of the 959.

Old 09-21-2009, 04:30 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GOB
Yeap, you are correct, its at Beck's the one for sale. In any case, what a piece of history. Just took Porsche nearly 20 years to make the 911 Turbo (997) come close/match the performance of the 959.
Agreed. A serious piece of Porsche history and DNA. The car is amazing and was a big part of my childhood dreams - I pinch myself everyday I come in to work and see her... Take care, Bryan

Old 09-26-2009, 12:56 PM
m5guy is infamous around these parts
Originally Posted by RSSbryan
Yes. I look forward to seeing the final cut and the other materials they will produce as well. Hopefully they will be much better than the 1.9% financing Porsche Moment commercials that have been getting a lot of recent airtime...
Thanks for sharing the clip! Porsche needs to turn that footage into a half-hour special on Speed. I cannot take another season of Pinks, Wrecked, or whatever the next hillbilly show will be.

Old 09-26-2009, 07:15 PM
$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !$manager Is a GOD !
That second clip gave me goose bumps and brought back floods of memories. Wonder how many cars they could sell if they used this film footage in ALL their commercials!!!

Old 09-27-2009, 07:08 AM
heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !heavychevy Is a GOD !
Is the 959 really a 11.8 @ 118 car? That's insane for an 80's car.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:10 PM
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by m5guy
Thanks for sharing the clip! Porsche needs to turn that footage into a half-hour special on Speed. I cannot take another season of Pinks, Wrecked, or whatever the next hillbilly show will be.
Agreed.

Originally Posted by $manager
That second clip gave me goose bumps and brought back floods of memories. Wonder how many cars they could sell if they used this film footage in ALL their commercials!!!
I was a walking goose bump being there . Amazing Porsche history, all being driven... It would be nice to see a bunch of ad/marketing materials using this footage - I do believe they will be doing a number of projects with the footage and stills captured at the filming...

Old 09-29-2009, 10:44 AM
Former Vendor
StuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to beholdStuartsPNB is a splendid one to behold
Thanks for sharing the car. Amazing how well kept this one is. Looks new!

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: 959 S at RSS/Stuttgart Performance - Porsche DNA