996 Turbo / GT2 Turbo discussion on previous model 2000-2005 Porsche 911 Twin Turbo and 911 GT2.

Any of you guys into hardcore mountain biking?

Search this Thread

Rate Thread

Old 06-19-2009, 04:18 PM
tvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud oftvurt has much to be proud of
lol I have my team scalpel in pieces next to my 996tt that is also apart.

be careful you can spend almost as much on bikes as you do the TT.

Its a shame that Ohio has such lousy access to decent trails by me they are all reserved as bridle trails

Enjoy the new sport!

Edit:
Brad that mount is super slick love it!

Old 06-19-2009, 04:55 PM
Red 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond reputeRed 9 has a reputation beyond repute
It's good to see you guys are into a nice passive safe activity when away from your cars! Have fun with it.

Old 06-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Bluecuda is infamous around these parts
I used to race road bikes until I started working 8-5, but we cross trained on the logging trails around Ohio University when I was there. It was absolutely thrilling!!! At the time my road bike was a top of the line custom made Paisley. Scott Paisley built a bunch of custom frames for Fisher Mountain Bikes for their racing team as well as building road bikes. He's now located in Charlottesville, VA last I checked at a bike shop that he is co-owner.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:02 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
After the I saw my buddy crash and went to hospital, I said I will only drive the P car

Old 06-19-2009, 06:21 PM
ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !ttboost Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by art4iza
After the I saw my buddy crash and went to hospital, I said I will only drive the P car
I was a big rider in my late 20's early 30's but technology passed me by. I actually feel safer drag racing my GSXR!!! I still ride on the road though, although not nearly as much...

Old 06-19-2009, 06:24 PM
art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !art4iza Is a GOD !
I hear you budd.

Originally Posted by ttboost
I was a big rider in my late 20's early 30's but technology passed me by. I actually feel safer drag racing my GSXR!!! I still ride on the road though, although not nearly as much...

Old 06-19-2009, 06:28 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by ttboost
And here I am just getting started at age 38.

Old 06-19-2009, 06:32 PM
Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !Prche951 Is a GOD !
I raced some DH, started out with a Santa Cruz Bullit, then an Ironhorse DH, then a Turner DHR, had 3 Turner RFX's for Freeriding and practicing my drops to trany. Did Norba Nationals at Snow Shoe on the wettest weekend and crashed out real bad. F'd up finger. that was many years ago. Now I just have fun trail riding in a Trek Brute with some heavy duty Deemax wheels.

enjoy and be safe. I have seen more than my share of people in the hospital for serious DH injuries, me included.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:02 PM
Whatever you do, don't try this one Look below.

Originally Posted by Prche951
I raced some DH, started out with a Santa Cruz Bullit, then an Ironhorse DH, then a Turner DHR, had 3 Turner RFX's for Freeriding and practicing my drops to trany. Did Norba Nationals at Snow Shoe on the wettest weekend and crashed out real bad. F'd up finger. that was many years ago. Now I just have fun trail riding in a Trek Brute with some heavy duty Deemax wheels.

enjoy and be safe. I have seen more than my share of people in the hospital for serious DH injuries, me included.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:31 PM
Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !Divexxtreme Is a GOD !
Originally Posted by audikp
I used to xc all the time but I got hooked on DH a few years ago...

Unfortunately I broke my collar bone riding last summer so my season was pretty short. But if the weather is decent I'm planning to go this sunday!

Here is my rig (sorry crappy phone pic):
Nice Iron Horse! I was looking at them online the other day.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Former Vendor
onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !onelove Is a GOD !
I rocked a hardtail FreeRide bike (Specialized P3 frame, everything else spec'd out to the hills) for a while (not many mountains here in FL). Blew my knee out and had to stop, its' been a few years now so I'll probably end up catching the bug again in the coming months. Endless cycle for me.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:32 PM
Originally Posted by BigBadBen
Thanks Scott, yeah she feels like "A Big Comfy Couch" when rippin down the trails.

One more of my very old Spec Big Hit.... practice makes perfect

My old Gyro switchblade full face helmet is now toast as I put my face through it when I cased a landing at Silver Star as few years back. Full face CF helmets are the only way to go!...look cool too
CF helmet? Hmmm...I definitely need to look into one of those.

Nice pic!

Old 06-19-2009, 07:34 PM
Originally Posted by tvurt
lol I have my team scalpel in pieces next to my 996tt that is also apart.

be careful you can spend almost as much on bikes as you do the TT.
Ha ha, ya...I'm starting to figure that out.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:38 PM
Originally Posted by Red 9
It's good to see you guys are into a nice passive safe activity when away from your cars! Have fun with it.

Old 06-19-2009, 07:40 PM
Originally Posted by Bluecuda
I used to race road bikes until I started working 8-5, but we cross trained on the logging trails around Ohio University when I was there. It was absolutely thrilling!!! At the time my road bike was a top of the line custom made Paisley. Scott Paisley built a bunch of custom frames for Fisher Mountain Bikes for their racing team as well as building road bikes. He's now located in Charlottesville, VA last I checked at a bike shop that he is co-owner.
Very cool, bro. I agree that it's absolutely thrilling.

You have already rated this thread Rating: Thread Rating: 0 votes,  average.

Quick Reply: Any of you guys into hardcore mountain biking?